Chapter 1

Back to 2012

 

-Kim So Eun-

Seoul, March 2016

Sun rays coming out of the crack in the window in my room woke me up this morning. I closed my eyes with the back of my hand, the sun was too harsh for me. I stretched for a moment, gathering life is still scattered in a dream world. I intended to continue my sleep before my digital alarm clock rang.

Tit ... Tit ... Tit ...

I took the alarm clock hurriedl from the small table next to my bed. Then pressed the the top bottom of the alarm clock to make it silenced. I glanced at the clock.

09:09 March 12

I rubbed my eyes after seeing what time it is. A second later I sat down, straightened my back and stretch my muscles. I smiled while grabbed the desk calendar from the same table. Later, I crossed on 12 March on the calendar.

"One ... Two ... Three ... Four ... Five ... Kyaa! Five days more!" I yelled after counting the day left from 12 until 17 that I marked with a drawing love red marker

Five more days.

Five days more... will be a day that I won’t forget for the rest of my life. Five days more... will be the most special day. Five days more... will be the happiest  day ever. Five days more will be ....

"So Eun-Ah! Have you take your wedding invitation from the printing shop!"

Omma shouts from downstairs. It woke me from my thoughts. I quickly return the digital alarm clock and calendar to the small table beside the bed.

Yeah ... Because five days more ... I'm getting married!!!

"Okay, Omma! I'll take it!" I answered. After showering. I muttered.

Omma hate when I start my bad habits, that is woke up late. When Omma know I just woke up at this hour, Omma definitely going to kill me. Moreover, she just like a soothsayer. Because she always knew my behavior when just woken up and had not showered.

"Ya! So Eun-ah! Don’t tell me you just got up and was about to shower!" Omma shouted again. Aigoo ... Omma really an soothsayer now.

I quickly got out of bed, rushed into the bathroom that inside my bedroom. Wait ... But there was something is forgotten. "Gosh! Towels! Where's my towel? "I muttered.

"I'm washing your towel! Cause I know that you're going to wash your towel in five years later if I do not wash them first! Aigoo ... You're already going to get married, but your behavior is like a child will enter primary school" I could hear Omma coldn’t stop nagging me.

"Aisssh, when will Omma stop nagging," I muttered while ran to the closet to get a towel. I pulled the white towel roughly from the middle of the folds of clothes that neatly arranged in my closet. At the same time, there was falling object.

I took it quickly and then realized it ...

Is a diary ... Which stores millions of memories ... And the proof of authentic writing of destiny ... My love story ...

 

 

Seoul, March 2012

Faculty of Theater Building, University of Jungang

          Kyaaa!!! I'm late!!!

It's all because I forgot to set my alarm clock, I woke up so late! Aaah ... Babo ya! Why could I forget to set the alarm clock this morning. Whereas this morning is the ghost of psychopat (Mr. Park) class!

I ran as fast as I could while praying that at least Mr. Park enter the classroom one minute after I entered. So, I can be saved from his punishment that has no mercy.

But ... It seems the goddess Fortuna was not siding with me.

"Ya! So Eun-ah! When will you stop coming late, ha! I'm tired of continuously hearing the sound of your footsteps fulfilling this corridor," shouted Mr. Park when I stopped in front of the classroom door with panting breath.

I quickly ran over to Mr. Park. Then hastily bowed back. "Joesonghamnida, Songsaengnim. Joesonghamnida, "I said.

"It's that easy to say you're sorry, ha?!!" Shouted Mr. Park loudly, I just plain while wiping Mr. Park’s saliva were gushing over my forehead.

"Your punishment this time, you have to clean up the costume room after this class is over!"

 

Costume Room.

"Aiish ... How could he made me clean out this grossy garage! This can’t be called a costume Mr. Park! It's an unkempt warehouse! Kyaaa!! I can’t believe that there’s a lot of cobwebs here! "

I can not stop nagging since I started cleaning up this creepy place that Mr. Park called the 'Space Costume' from earlier. I thought due to this horrible place,  the ‘nagging hormone’ from Omma suddenly came to me.

"Ommo!" I yelled when the hordes of rats roaming in front of me. ‘'Is this really worth mentioning costume room? Or a zoo?"

I threw the dirty old costumes. Then, clean up one of the costume with no sincerity.

"When will you stop nagging?"

Suddenly I heard a voice. I quickly find the source of the voice. It could be ... The room is haunted?

However, my eyes stopped on a Namja who was standing in the doorway. He smiled seeing me ...

He is Kim Sang Bum ... The only friend I've got. We are friends since we're in five years old. He is the campus hearthrob. He was nice, smart, and very handsome. Yeah ... In short, he's perfect! But I wonder why he wanted being friend with girl like me. In fact, sometimes he 'use me' to make women who love him jealous then leave him.

"Ya! Bum-ah! Why do not you help me clean up this creepy place?!" shouted me to him.

He smiled the devilish. "But ... In one condition!”

“What?!”

“Buy me ramyeon after this.”

 

 

Ramyeon Stand.

"Are you really hungry?" I asked when I saw Kim Bum will spend the fifth bowl. He was like has not eating for ten years.

"Ahjumma! Could I get one bowl again?" he asked while holding up his bowl to ahjumma Ramyeon.

I hit his arm. "Ya! Come on! I could go broke if you keep adding bowl of ramyeon! "

He received a bowl that already contains ramyeon with happily. Then he ate it roughly. "Take it easy ... I ... Will ... Pay for everything. Including yours."

"Chincha?? So, I don’t have to pay for it?!" I asked excited.

He shook his head, swallowing ramyeon moment. He arranged breath, then suddenly he grabbed my hand.

"But ... I want to ask for your help," he said seriously.

I frowned. "Do not tell me you're going to 'use me' again?"  

 

 

 

 

To be continue.........