Feeling Left Out

The Sight of Destiny

"You are being too sensitive. I will never lie to you... to my friend."

- CHAPTER 9

 

***

 

"I'm so hungry, you know. We forgot having lunch." Donghae said and after helps Eunhyuk gets off of his motorcycle. The crowded can be hear on Eunhyuk’s ear. For the hundred times today he says,

"Okay but where are we now?"

"Night market." Donghae smiles.

Eunhyuk can’t help but frowning so hard at Donghae’s answer, "Night market? It's not night yet by the way" Maybe Donghae make a fool of him, or maybe not. Because he starts to smell a delicious scent on his nose. Makes him hungry.

"Yeah, who cares. It's already so crowded here eventhough it's still 4pm.” Donghae shrugs his shoulder and looking around while frowning, wondering. “I don't know, maybe because there is an event there" Donghae pointed at a stage with loud music and many people surrounding dancing and chatting with their company.

That’s it. Eunhyuk starts overthinking and suddenly his head hung low. He can’t hide it. "I really don't like crowd" Eunhyuk murmurs, unintentionally saying. But apperantly Donghae be able to hear it.

Donghae stares at him by his side, with his head low as if he is staring at his foot, but those eyes just like that; empty and doesn’t blink. "I'm sorry I don't know" He said in a low tone. Guilty starts rushing through his mind and Eunhyuk looks a bit surprise.

Eunhyuk having no intention to make Donghae feel bad, because it is actually not his fault. He just doesn’t know. "Just make sure you don't loose me or I'll call the police to arrest you since you're the one who brought me here but take no responsible" Eunhyuk says while raises his head up to face Donghae.

Donghae laughs cutely and Eunhyuk acknowledge he is success to make him doesn’t feel bad, "Fine, calm down man" Donghae says and it makes Eunhyuk smiles inwardly on his head.

They’re sitting facing each other after orders some of their favorite food. A few minutes later, the food comes and no more thinking they’re just gobbles the food in front of them. They barely talk but it’s not because awkwardness, it’s just because at the time like this they have nothing to say. Furthermore, they are hungry.

Eunhyuk starts feels not right because his mind always goes around wondering if he’s quite. He takes a piece of his meat in his mouth and says, "Do I look fine? Do they taking glance of me like I'm a weirdo? It's my first time to go to such a crowded place after my accident" He tells Donghae.

Donghae glance around while chewing cutely with his eyebrows frowns. He can see many people sometimes looking at Eunhyuk with serious expression or confuse look or just pity looks. But it's impossible to make Eunhyuk feel bad, he won’t tell him like that.

"You look fine. And yes they're looking at you but maybe because you have a quite nice looks." Donghae reply as cool as he can.

"Psssh" Eunhyuk scoffs.

Donghae remembers that, Eunhyuk is not the type who easily believe with other people says. He must be just takes Donghae reply as kidding. "Why do you care?" Donghae turns his eyes from his plate to Eunhyuk.

Eunhyuk stops eating, "About what?"

"About what other people think about you if you're blind."

This time, Eunhyuk put his chopstick down on his plate and trying to staring at Donghae with his empty eyes. Eventhough Donghae is right in front of him, he is still not be able to captures Donghae’s eyes with his own.

"Of course I care. I don't like to know people may think I'm different with them. Somehow I could even feel their gaze at me, looking at me"

Donghae stares at his face. Oh no, that gloomy face again. It is not the right time to shows that gloomy feeling. He supposes to be happy today. "But being different is not a sin, right? It's not what you wanted anyway. You can be more care less about that and enjoy your life more with something you want to do. Without thinking any other people thinks" Donghae says.

Eunhyuk just shrugs and says, "I can't be ignorant. But I just don't like it to be a center of attention, it "

It’s an awkward silence for a while. Donghae busy with his eyes whose unconsciously staring at all over Eunhyuk’s face. Secretly admiring. "That's just your feeling. How if they're looking at you only because you are handsome?" And those words comes out just like that.

But once again, Eunhyuk scoffs and he never takes those words seriously, "It's just a pity or something. Stop blabbering" He says to Donghae sternly and starts eating again.

Donghae chuckles, "I'm serious" and yes he means it. He laughs after Eunhyuk mimicking his words irritately.

"Don't lie to me just because I'm blind."

"You're being too sensitive" Donghae smiles toothlessly. "I will never lie to you," He said before continue, "to my friend"

As soon as those words coming out from Donghae’s mouth, Eunhyuk can feel a little warmness on his heart and suddenly his worry about how other people staring at him right now become unnecessary, "Don't you have any other friend?" He tries to be cool when saying that.

"I keep changing schools since I was a six grader. My father's work is always moving here and there and how can I make friend in short period like that?" Donghae states and raises his eyebrows. "Maybe because of that, I've never had have a real friends." He shrugs and tilts his head before fill his mouth with piece of meat.

Eunhyuk gets a little surprise to hear his answer, "You will leave from here too someday?" Eunhyuk concludes.

Donghae not quickly answer but he is smiling in a tease watching Eunhyuk’s face in front of him not moving waiting for his answer, "Why? You don't want me to leave?" He says in a teasing tone.

Eunhyuk just scoffs again, "I said stop blabbering" And continue eats as if nothing happens.

Donghae laughs annoyingly, asking on his mind why Eunhyuk cannot just be truthful. He answers, "Maybe, but not in short time. I just moved a couple weeks ago" He informs finally.

Eunhyuk feels a little relief after hear his answer and somehow Donghae be able to see that, and he’s just smiling again. "That's to have no friend" Eunhyuk says in respons and nods a few times while focus on his food.

"That's why I'm lonely. Maybe my father never thinks about my feeling of having no friend since I have to move school too often.” Out of nowhere, Donghae feels a bitterness on his own words. From beginning, he always didn’t care. He never thought about how he’s never having a friend. That’s why he never realize how lonely he is actually. But he realize know, because of Eunhyuk. “I think I should just homeschooling like you. And we have no friend together. We both lonely, I can see that" He adds and smiles, moving closer at Eunhyuk’s face.

But Eunhyuk can’t realize how close their face now so he can only admits, "That's true" and nods.

Donghae smiles for the last time before he straight up on his seat again and they’re continue busy finishing their food without words. What’s on his mind is just they have to quickly finish this food so they can have a time together on the other place in this night market.

But suddenly Donghae snaps out when he hear someone call his name.

"Donghae?"

He frowns and turns his head to the voice, just to find his own eyes bulging widely in surprise.

"Sehun?! Is that you?" He almost screams like a girl and Eunhyuk gets really surprise when Donghae suddenly harshly get up from his seat to face this Sehun guy.

"Oh my God Donghae what are you doing here??!" Sehun holds both of Donghae’s shoulder and smiles brightly with his little lips.

But Donghae is not answering him yet just hugging him instead, "I miss you!" Causing they both giggling at happiness. "I moved here, you don't know?" Donghae tells him after they separated from the hug.

"How can I know? I've never seen you since a hundred years." Sehun groans and they both laughing at his excessive words.

"Sorry, you know my life.” Donghae laughs and Sehun nods in understand. “What are you doing here?"

"I have a big event in this town for two weeks. My school’s event." Sehun points at the stage whose having a lot of people surrounding there.

"Oh! Is that your school event? Whoa, cool." Donghae feel amazed and it’s just makes Sehun giggling at his cuteness while nodding a few times.

They are busy chatting with each other until Donghae forget that he didn’t come here alone. It’s Sehun the one who notice that instead. He glance at the person behind Donghae’s back who just eating quietly. "Who is this?" He asks casually yet politely.

Good, Donghae now realize Eunhyuk’s presence."Ah, right! This is Eunhyuk.” Nevertheless, Eunhyuk is not expecting this Sehun guy will ask about him first. He gets nervous for some reason; the usual fear. But he gets up from his seat. “And Eunhyuk, this is Sehun, my… very best friend." Donghae says while turns his head to Sehun and they’re smiling at each other sweetly.

"Nice to meet you" Eunhyuk bowed.

Sehun stares at Eunhyuk slowly, looks stunned before reply, "Nice to meet you too, Eunhyuk.."

He slowly turns to Donghae with a question look, realizing there is an odd thing with Eunhyuk before he takes a glance at him again for last time. It seems like Donghae got it. He nods when Sehun stares at him again which makes Sehun looks pretty surprise. But Eunhyuk doesn’t know what happens at all.

Trying to break the ice when Sehun can’t stop staring at Eunhyuk with a gaze he hates, Donghae comes up with an idea, "We should hang out before you go back to Seoul!" He pats Sehun’s shoulder hard to catch his attention again.

"Sure!! I'd love to!" Sehun sounds so happy at the idea. They quickly exchange their number for a little while.

"Guess see you soon?" Sehun says while smirking after they got each other number and it can’t be more happier.

"Yep!" Donghae says cheerfully.

"Ok, I have to go because I'm busy now. Have a great time for you two. See you later Eunhyuk. Bye, Donghae!" Sehun says for a last time before he waving his hand and running towards the crowd in a cute way after Donghae reply him with a bye too. Donghae smiles at himself looking at the guy with thin long body run further. Old friend. He misses Sehun so much to be honest.

Someone’s voice snaps him, “Your… very bestfriend?"

Donghae wakes up from his thought and he turns around to find Eunhyuk already sit on his seat again with those usual empty eyes of him. He takes a seat while answers, "Yes, his name is Oh Sehun. That's my number one bestfriend since I'm at third grade. We're just neighboor. But we had not talk to each other in five years because I start moving around and we lost contact" Donghae blurts out without being asked.

Eunhyuk nods, "You guys seems very close" Eunhyuk says and chewing his food. If only he is be able to see, he must be already look around right now. Anything but Donghae.

"Of course!! I miss him so much already. He is the only one I have as a very bestfriend and when I know I will had no time to hang out with him again, it's upsetting you know." Donghae says cheerfully. This kid really has an issue to read an atmosphere.

Suddenly Eunhyuk feels that he doesn’t need to know more. So he is just nodding.

"Ohh"

It's your fault you didn't mention him earlier. I just thought you said that you not really have a real friend.

 

----------

A/N : I'm a late-updater! That's the real me. lol I'm very sorry. But you guys know I'm trying as best as I could^^ Bear with me hehe. thanks for reading and big thanks for new subscribers and comments!! I love you!♥ -arthie-

thanks for reading and comment

click here if you enjoy reading this story!♥ :)