Chapter 2

The Dreamer of San Francisco

 

Eli sat alone in the bustling café, lost in his thoughts. Why had Kevin reacted so suddenly to his news about the new girl in his life? Normally he would have been happy, ecstatic for his friend. But this time, dismay lit his eyes instead of happiness.

Maybe he should have never agreed to go with Kevin to his hometown. He should have known that there were some things his friend wanted to leave alone and forget about. How many old, faded scars did he stab at? He was a horrible-

“Hey! Sorry I’m late, something came up at work.”

He looked up to see the blonde beauty approach where he was sitting, her loose curls bouncing as she walked. She gave him a beaming smile, and instantly he felt warmth spread inside him.

“Nah, it’s fine. I just sat down,” he fibbed.

She settled down in the seat in front of him. “Did you already order?”

“No, I was waiting for you. Waiter?” Quickly, a person in uniform came over and took their order.

After the waiter left, Jessica turned back to Eli. “So, tell me about yourself.” She folded her hands in front of her, her perfectly manicured nails forming two mauve rows against her pale skin.

“Like what?”

“Hmm, like where you grow up. I can tell by your accent you’re definitely not from the West Coast.”

He laughed. “You’re right. I grew up in ia with my two sisters.”

“You have two sisters?”

“Yeah, one older and one younger.”

“I see. I have a younger sister.” Jessica’s face gained a faraway look. “Did you fight with your sisters?”

“All the time,” he chuckled. “They would team up on me, and it would be infuriating that I couldn’t fight back physically because they were girls.”

Jessica gave a little laugh, making Eli’s heart jump. “I used to fight with my sister. But now I barely see her.” The happy expression slid off her face.

He reached across the table and grasped her hand. “I understand. I barely see my sisters and my family. I’m constantly traveling for my work.”

She gave a smile, as if she was restraining to refute his last statement. “It’s hard, especially with work you love. You start losing sleep and you can never seem to find time to call.”

“Yeah.” Eli saw her tense face and quickly changed the subject. “Speaking of work, have you ever traveled to South America for a business trip? I don’t recall it being on the list with Paris, Tokyo, and Bangkok.”

There was that radiant smile again. “No, I haven’t. I suppose you have?”

Thus the conversation took a pleasant turn as the couple discussed their past to make a collage of the gleaming future. Yet Eli still found himself with questions unanswered.

Questions that seemed too deep to dig up.

[A/N] Hi all! Thanks for subscribing! I hope you're all enjoying the story so far ^_^

I'm actually kinda regret writing this story with these characters...because you know how the Jung sisters get all sassy but Kevin can be such a diva. Those three would probably create a scene if they were stuck together. XD

But I'm actually using some creative license where the idols aren't really in the same world as we know them...yeah. I hope you guys don't mind it.

One of my friends read an earlier draft and said she felt a WongFu feel to it. (I WORSHIP THEIR SHORTS SO MUCH.) I didn't even think of that...but whatever :3

Thanks again for reading! ^_^