The Sound Of Your Footsteps

The Sound Of Your Footsteps

*10/03/2012*

It was early in the morning, when a young man woke up and made his way to the kitchen, it was his daily routine, he was living alone, but he loved cooking, his friends always loved to come and spend their time with him. His name is Kim Jaejoong, 27 years old man. He was working at the restaurant, but because of an incident he had to leave his job and now he just spends his time at home, cooking, cleaning, have a little parties with his best friends, walking and dreaming… and it lasted and lasted… And today is the same as other days, he made a breakfast, ate, cleaned the kitchen, maybe today he will clean all house? Everything becomes so annoying, he needs something, something that will keep him alive, and money is not enough either, soon he will stay without anything, and what to do now? He is sitting in the living room and thinking hard – “What to do?” he knows that he has to find a job, but how? All he knows is cooking and cleaning, but none of the restaurants will hire him, yes you heard it right, once very famous cooker now is sitting at home and don’t know what to do. None knows what happened at his work, why had he leave it and refuse to return there, even try to find a job in another restaurant, he always refused to talk about it, and his friends knew perfectly that there must be something that frightens him.

*Ring.. Ring.. Ring*

Jaejoongs phone rang and he quickly answered it.

- “Hyung good morniiiiiing” – And here he was, his best friend from his childhood Kim Junsu, as cheerful as always.

- “Morning Su” – Answered he and smiled, Junsu is an only person who can make him smile no matter what, this cheerful guy is like an energizer for him.

- “Hyungieee what are you doing?” – Jaejoong could hear his baby friend was whining cutely, he couldn’t see him but could imagine it, Junsu always was the cutest one while he was whining.

- “What happened Su?” – Chuckled Jaejoong and tried his best not to laugh loudly after listening Junsus whine.

- “I’m borried hyungie” Continued he whining.

- “And what can I do for you?” – Laughed Jaejoong as he already knew the answer perfectly.

- “Wonna go shopping with me?” – Junsu paused, waiting for Jaejoong to answer, but as soon as he sensed that the later one was not going to say anything he quickly continued – “Please hyungieeeee say yes, pretty pleaseeeee”.

Jaejoong could imagine Junsus eyes now, they would be so wide and shiny, big puppy eyes pleading him to go.

-  “Okay, okay, stop whining” – Laughed Jaejoong – “I’ll go with you, but after that you  have to come and stay with me all day, you know I have to clean all house and need some help, so as my best friend you have to help me” – Smirked he, as he knew how much Junsu hated cleaning.

- “But.. but hyungieeeeee” – Junsu almost chocked – “You know that I hate cleaning” – He continued whining and Jaejoong almost rolled over the floor laughing hard.

- “Well you have to choose” – Answered Jaejoong simply – “See you later babyyyyy” – He sang the last word and hung up.

As soon as he hung up he laughed one more time, imagining Junsu whining angrily, but absolutely cutely. Junsu would call him almost two or even three times a week and would drag him out for the shopping. Well to tell you the truth he loved shopping a lot, but now he has money problems and he can’t allow himself to waste money freely.

Jaejoong quickly made his way to the bedroom to change his clothes – “Junsu will be here in few minutes” – He thought and quickly changed. Putting his thick coat and boots, wrapping scarf around his neck, he is ready to go, he locked the door and made his way to the lift, he was going to enter it when he heard someone calling him.

- “Please stop the lift” – Someone shouted from a far and he quickly turned around and here he is handsome man running towards him, he stopped the lift and in few seconds the handsome man was standing in front on him, panting hard.

- “Thanks a lot” – He smiled with a killer smile and Jaejoong could feel his knees were trembling.

“You are welcome” – He whispered and his heart started to beat faster.

- “By the way my name is Jung Yunho” – Smiled Yunho guy and offered his hand to shake.

- “Kim Jaejoong” – Smiled Jaejoong awkwardly and shake his hand – “Nice to meet you Yunho-shi”.

- “You can call me Yunho” – Smiled he – “I moved here 2 days ago, we are living side by side, only one wall is separating our flats”.

- “Re..ally” – Stuttered Jaejoong.

- “Really” – Nodded Yunho cheerfully – “Well see you later Jaejoong, it was nice to meet you” – Said Yunho as soon as the door opened and he went leaving Jaejoong standing there like a statue.

- “Hyung are you coming?” – “Junsu called as he saw that Jaejoong was standing in the lift without moving from there.

- “Yeah, I’m coming” – mumbled Jaejoong and moved towards Junsu.

- “What happened hyung?” – Asked Junsu curiously.

- “Nothing” – Jaejoong quickly shook his head – “Really”.

- “Someone fall in love~~” – Sang Junsu and went leaving Jaejoong dumbfounded.

- “YAH!! YOU!!” – Shouted Jaejoong and chased Junsu.

*24/07/2012*

Junsu was right, Jaejoong fall in love… Fall in love so deeply that every thought, every breath was only about Yunho. Jaejoong was like a maniac, new every second when would Yunho leave for his work and he would go out from his flat like he had some work to do, Yunho would say ‘good morning’ and smile at him sweetly and Jaejoong would do the same, and it lasted more than four months now.

Jaejoong was addicted to Yunho in every way, he even could recognize Yunhos footsteps between the million ones. Every evening when Yunho would return from his work, Jaejoong would sit with his back against his door and would listen to Yunhos footsteps. He could say if Yunho was tired or not, if he was in a harry or not, was he alone or not. He could say everything.

Jaejoongs friends were worried about him, four months going out early in the mornings just to return few minutes later back, and sitting on the floor every evening waiting Yunho to return home. Sometimes when Yunho would have a project at his work and couldn’t return at home that night, Jaejoong would sit there all night and wait for him, he wouldn’t sleep, not even for a second. He stopped going out with his friends, everything he was thinking now was Yunho.

- “Hyung you have to confess to him” – Junsu couldn’t see his best friend like that.

- “I can’t Su” – Jaejoong shook his head.

- “But why hyung?” – Junsu almost cried.

- “Do you think that the man like him would be a gay?” – Laughed Jaejoong bitterly – “I don’t think so” – He shook his head.

- “Don’t say like this hyung” – This time it was Yoochun who interrupted – “You know that the time when Junsu confessed to me he was thinking the same, but you can see with your own eyes that we are perfectly fine together, you can’t say something like that about him when you even don’t know him well, only ‘good mornings’ can’t make you decide is he a gay or not”.

- “I know, but I’m so sure about it” – Jaejoong shook his head.

- “It’s up to you hyung, but you are making a big mistake” – Yoochun shook his head.

*15/08/2012*

It was very hot in Seoul and everyone tried to go to the beach to fresh themselves, but Jaejoong was standing at his door frame, waiting for Yunho to go out.

- “Good morning Jaejoong” – Yunho greeted him as soon as he made his way out of his apartment – “You are early today”.

- “Yeah” – Jaejoong nodded and blushed – “My friend called me and asked to accompany him, so I had to wake up early today” – Lied Jaejoong.

- “Oh I see” – Nodded Yunho still smiling – “You are so lucky, you have  time to spend with your friends, I’m so envy of you”.

- “You can join us if you want” – Offered Jaejoong with his heart beating like crazy.

- “I would love to, but my work is calling me” – Laughed Yunho – “And with that problems with the maid, I really don’t have a time” – He said sadly.

- “Maid?” – Asked Jaejoong – “What kind of problems?”

- “Well as you know I go to work early in the morning and return really late, I rarely have a time to clean the house and eat, I wanted to hire the maid, but I don’t trust strangers easily, that’s why I couldn’t find a maid yet”.

- “Oh I see” – Nodded Jaejoong and suddenly and idea popped in his mind – “Well I can help you if you want” – He offered.

- “Really?” – Yunhos eyes lightened up – “How?”

- “I know a good maid, she is my friend, she would be glad to work at your flat” – Smiled Jaejoong.

- “I can’t believe in it” – Yunho almost jumped up and down – “Thank you so much Jaejoong-ah”.

- “You are welcome” – Laughed Jaejoong while blushing and covering his mouth with the backs of his hands – “But there is a one problem”.

- “What is it?” – Yunho asked almost panicking – “Is it about money? I can pay pretty good.”

- “Oh no, it’s not about money, well she can come in the afternoon, clean the house and do all the chores, she will even cook for you, but she has to go home in the early evening, is it okay with you?” – Asked Jaejoong worriedly.

- “It’s perfectly fine” – Yunho shouted happily – “You saved my life Jaejoong”.

- “Glad to hear it” – Chuckled Jaejoong at Yunhos childish behavior.

- “I have to go now, I’m late for the work” – Smiled Yunho – “Thank you one more time, I’ll make a duplicate of the keys and will give it to you this evening, can you ask her to come tomorrow?”

- “Sure” – Nodded Jaejoong.

- “Great” – Smiled Yunho – “See you later then” – Said he and turned to the lift, leaving Jaejoong day dreaming.

[3 hours later]

- “Can you believe it Su?” – Exclaimed Jaejoong – “We were talking more than 10 minutes, OMG I’m so happy now” – He was almost jumping up and down on the couch.

- “Calm down hyung” – Laughed Junsu, he really missed this cheerful Jaejoong – “I’m really happy for you hyung, but what are you gonna do about the maid?”

- “Well I’ll be his maid, I’ll clean his house, touch the things that he touches every day, smell his scent from his clothes, I’ll cook for him a healthy meal” – Mumbled Jaejoong while flying in his dreams.

- “Good luck then hyung” – Laughed Junsu – “But I still hope that you will confess your feelings really soon or you will become crazy like this.

- “Whatever” – Jaejoong shook his head and continued dreaming.

That evening Yunho gave his keys to Jaejoong and wished him a good night and sweet dreams and Jaejoong slept all night with a smile on his face, dreaming about Yunho.

*20/12/2012*

It has been four months since Jaejoong became Yunhos maid, but Yunho didn’t know that it was Jaejoong who cleaned his house perfectly, his clothes were always so clean and neat, and the food… The heavenly taste of the food, that could made every man send to the cloud nine. Jaejoong made everything perfectly for Yunho, he would start his work as soon as Yunho would leave the house, every day he would clean the house, despite the fact that the house was perfectly clean, he would clean it again and again. He would spend all his day at Yunhos flat doing all kind of chores and in the evening he would decorate the dining table with a lot of food, and after everything is done he would leave the flat, locking it. The distance between their doors were only few steps, but for Jaejoong it was so hard to step towards his door. His heart was dying every day after stepping in his apartment and closing the door behind him.

Today was the same, he was doing his usual chores and it was only 3 p.m. when suddenly he heard the door opened, he quickly turned around and froze, there was standing Yunho with his eyes open wide.

- “Jaejoong? What are you doing here?” – asked Yunho still shocked.

- “I..I.. Yunho why.. are.. you so early.. today?” – Stuttered Jaejoong, trying to change a theme, as he couldn’t find the right words to explain everything.

- “Well I wasn’t feeling well and went home early” – Answered Yunho – “But still what are you doing here?”

- “Well you.. know... your maid… couldn’t.. come.. and I thought.. it would be okay.. if I would.. clean the… house” – Stuttered Jaejoong while blushing super hard, avoiding Yunhos eyes.

- “You are lying” – Yunho shook his head – “Tell me the truth”.

- “I.. I didn’t… lie” – Jaejoong shook his head, still avoiding Yunhos eyes.

- “Don’t lie” – Yunho almost commanded.

- “I’m sorry Yunho” – Jaejoong almost cried – “I lied to you, I was the one who was cleaning your flat and cooking” – He whispered.

- “And why were you hiding it?” – Asked Yunho.

- “Well you know a guy maid is somehow strange and we are neighbors also, I was afraid you would think that it’s weird” – Answered Jaejoong, still couldn’t say the truth.

- “Well I don’t think that it is strange” – Yunho shook his head – “But you should told me about it from the start”.

- “I’m sorry” – Jaejoong hung his head down and apologized.

- “I’ll forgive you if you will cook something delicious for me, you know I have a fever” – Whined Yunho cutely.

- “I’ll make a porridge for you” – Said Jaejoong and ran to the kitchen.

Yunho chuckled at Jaejoongs cute behavior and made his way to the bedroom, in few minutes he walked out with a changed clothes and made his way to the couch, he lay down and the TV.

- “Your porridge is ready” – Said Jaejoong as soon as he made his way from the kitchen to the living room – “Here, you must eat a lot and you will get well soon” – Said he and helped Yunho to eat.

Jaejoong spent all his day at Yunhos flat, he didn’t have to rush out from the flat in the evening, for not to get caught by Yunho. It was late at night, when Jaejoong stood up and made his way to the door.

- “Good night Yunho” – Smiled Jaejoong – “Get well soon”.

- “Thank you so much Jaejoong-ah, you really saved me” – Laughed Yunho – “I don’t know how to thank you”.

- “Well you can do something” – Answered Jaejoong shyly.

- “And what can I do for you?” – Asked Yunho almost smirking.

- “Can you spend Christmas with me?” – Asked Jaejoong and avoided Yunhos glare, he was blushing so hard now.

- “I’m sorry Jaejoong-ah, but I already have a plans for Christmas” – Said Yunho sadly.

- “Oh I see” – Smiled Jaejoong sadly – “It’s okay” – He was trying so hard to smile – “Good night then”.

Jaejooong quickly made his way to his apartment, his heart was broken than ever, and it hurt so much, like he was dying. He ran to his bedroom and covered his body with a blanket. Tonight he will cry all night long.

*24/12/2012*

- “Hyung please come with us, you can’t continue like this” – Whined Junsu, while trying his really best to make Jaejoong come to Yoochuns Christmas party.

- “I’m not in the mood Su” – Jaejoong shook his head – “And I want to be alone this Christmas”.

- “But hyung how long are you going to continue like this? Hyung confess to him or try to move on” – Said Junsu angrily.

- “Please Su don’t be angry on me” – Pleaded Jaejoong, and a tear rolled on his cheek – “I’ll try to move on, really, but tonight I want to be alone, please just tonight”.

- “Okay hyung” – Nodded Junsu – “Remember just tonight” – Said Junsu and made his way to the door – “Call me if you change your mind, I’ll come and pick you up”.

- “Okay” – Nodded Jaejoong and Junsu left.

Some hours past and Jaejoong was still sitting on his coach, thinking hard how to move one. It was so difficult to even think about it, but he didn’t have another choice, he has to move on.

Suddenly he shoot up his eyes and looked at the clock, it was 10 p.m. Yunho will come home soon, he automatically made his way to the door and sad down there – “Maybe he won’t come home tonight?” – Thought Jaejoong, but still continued sitting there.

Half an hour passed and Jaejoong could hear the footsteps, it is Yunho’s, but why? Why was there another footsteps too? He could here female footsteps with Yunhos ones, they were laughing while entering the apartment.

- “Why Yunho?” – Cried Jaejoong. It was really hard to stop now, it is so painful – “So this is why you refuse to me?” – Cried Jaejoong even harder.

Jaejoong was sitting and crying his heart out more than hour now, soon there were no more tears left in his eyes, he was just sitting and sobbing. Soon his sobs were replaced by hiccups.

It was 11:45 p.m. when Jaejoong heard the knock on the door, he stood up with a big affords as his knees were hurting from sitting there for hours. He opened the door and here he was standing with a smile on his face, Jung Yunho.

Yunhos smile fades away as soon as he sees Jaejoong with bloody red eyes, hair in mess, wet cheeks.

- “Jaejoong?” – Mumbled Yunho and stepped forward.

- “What are you doing here Yunho?” – Jaejoong asked coldly and stepped back.

- “I came to celebrate Christmas with you” – Mumbled Yunho and stepped forward again.

- “You refused few days ago” – Said Jaejoong again, his voice cold.

- “I know, but let me explain” – Said Yunho moved forward again

- “Leave Yunho” – Jaejoong shook his head and stepped back again – “She is waiting for you” – Whispered he and tears rolled down on his cheeks again.

- “Jae” – Yunho quickly ran to him and hugged him like there’s no tomorrow – “Please forgive me baby” – He whispered and tightened his hug – “I’m so sorry Jae, please baby, you have to listen to me”.

- “Baby?” – Jaejoongs eyes widen and he tried to free himself from Yunhos hug to look into his eyes.

- “Yes baby” – Nodded Yunho and wiped Jaejoongs tears from his cheeks.

- “But” – Jaejoong was in shock, it was too sudden to hear something like that from Yunhos mouth.

- “Jae I wanted to tell you something for a long time now, from our first meeting” – Continued Yunho and smiled sweetly to Jaejoong.

- “What is it?” – Whispered Jaejoong

- “I love you Jae, I love you so much” – Whispered Yunho and pecked Jaejoongs lips.

- “Love me?” – Jaejoongs eyes widen – “But how? You were with a girl an hour ago, why are you playing with my heart Yunho?” – Cried Jaejoong.

- “Don’t cry baby, please let me explain, it was my sister, I’ll introduce her to you later, she was helping me to decorate my apartment for tonight, I wanted to invite you for the romantic dinner and confess my feeling to you” – Yunho hugged Jaejoong one more time – “Please baby you have to believe me, I really love you so much, I wanted to confess to you for so long time now, but I wanted it to be special, special just like you”.

- “But why did you refused when I asked you to spend this day with me?” – Mumbled Jaejoong and he too circled his arms around Yunhos neck and hugged him tight.

- “Because I wanted to be the one who would invite you and confess my feelings, I knew that you had a feelings for me, but I wanted to be the one who would say it first” – Said Yunho and held Jaejoongs hands.

- “Yunho?” – Mumbled Jaejoong.

- “Come with me baby” – Whispered Yunho and pecked Jaejoongs lips one more time before guiding him to his apartment.

As soon as they entered the apartment Jaejoongs eyes widen, everything was so beautiful, with red rose petals on the floor and candle lights shining in the room, dining table decorated with red roses and candles, with a bottle of red wine and two crystal glasses. Jaejoong covered his mouth with his palms. He was too happy to say something.

- “Baby please stay with me forever, I want you to be mine forever, don’t leave me ever, I love you… I love you so much that it hurts sometimes, I don’t want to be separated from you ever” – Confessed Yunho while hugging Jaejoong from behind.

- “I…I love you too Yunho” – Chocked Jaejoong as tears covered his cheeks one more time this evening – “Please never let me go” – He quickly turned around and hugged Yunho tight, like his life was depending on it.

This Christmas the most wanted dream became true, they loved each other, they longed for each other and they confessed to each other. What they can wish more? Maybe just a happy ending?

*25/12/2012*

00:05 A.M.