Siren Chapter 4

Siren Foreword

Hello everyone.. sorry for the late update ^__^

 I promise I'll update the next chapter very soon. thans for your support~ :)

 

-----------------------------------------

Chapter 4 - Dinner

So, the day had come. Every minute, every hour... It was like waiting for eternity.

Taeyang walked with closed eyes, hands in his pockets, as he felt the cold wind drifting all across him. Walking on from school, he just enjoyed the feeling of walking with relaxation. If he opened his eyes, up above him, he would see maple leaves in orange and brown, some of them falling. A lovely sight, really...

What was he thinking? He knew that his desire to observe nature was just a small attempt to cover what he truly felt. That day...

As he had arrived in school, immediately he was mauled with dozens of gossipers, trying to get him to confirm or deny the breaking news about his relationship with Jiyong. He'd gone on to smile at them amusedly, pretending he couldn't hear or understand what they were saying since they were too noisy and rowdy. The entire day had gone on with those usual kind of people coming up to him, even in YG. TOP, Daesung and Seungri were only giving him curious looks, not speaking their thoughts, Jiyong didn't come again as he thought, he know that boy is afraid to get attacked by his the other members, and especially Seungri.

Taeyang closed his eyes for moment sorting all his thoguht and looked up at the sky as he breathed the cool afternoon air. Well, yeah, so he now saw the repercussions of his actions in Siren. That didn't mean that he regretted them though. These little nuisances were minor, compared to the opportunity he had gotten that night. And now, on this day, perhaps his relationship with Jiyong could advance further...

He left YG and walked on to the familiar street that lead towards Jiyong's apartment. It would be a long walk for him. Anyway, right now, Taeyang was thinking...

During lunch break, he had been thinking of what could happen tonight. Trying to rid himself of busybodies, he went to the computer lab, hiding out for awhile. There, he saw TOP approaching him with big grin on his face, right.. now it's about time for TOP to speak up what in his mind. Instead of asking Taeyang of pesky questions though, he gave me a thumbs up and mumbled some word 'such a chick Yooo' 'nice puppych' while giving me  wink, I was about to say something when he start to talk again but this time in a normal tune that I easily get.  he went directly on explaing the basics of being gay and

basics of . He also  explained about the most sensitive spots that makes Jiyong all witty and weak for him ...  Taeyang felt himself getting boiled from the embarrassment and what worse, he felt like blood rushing into his brain just thinking about it. he felt guilty for being such a big ert. Thinking about all the things he can do to Jiyong. TOP is such a blunt.

Ah! Anyway, he had better hurry his steps now. He was too excited to see Jiyong already. He passed by a street and looked up to see that five more blocks remained in his travel. He paused suddenly though, recalling that he should probably buy something for both of them to nibble on after dinner. Dessert... Cake, perhaps? Or ice cream...? Looking off to the next street, he saw a small convenience store. He went towards it and entered. Thinking slowly on what Jiyong may want to eat later on, he decided that maybe ice cream would do. He went on back to where the freezers were and looked for awhile at the many flavours and kinds inside the glass door.

"Whoa..." It was a feminine voice.

Taeyang looked to the side to see who it was and he suddenly smiled in greeting upon meeting a familiar face. "Jessica, what a pleasant surprise..."

"I was thinking the same thing..." She smiled back in greeting, her facial gesture impeccable. "So... what are you doing here? Far from YG but near Jiyong's apartment, isn't it?"

"Well..." Taeyang chuckled lightly, rubbing the back of his head as he was caught by the perceptive girl. "You've caught me there. By the way, Where's Yuri? I thought you guys always together"

She smiled and replied "well, I finished my shooting and I'm waiting for Yuri to pick me up. I was shooting for a CF" She smiled and continued

"Jiyong didn't go to YG right?. it's understandable since the two of you have been pretty busy, huh?" She nudged him lightly, in a playful mood.

Taeyang blushed.

"Taeyang, so what are you buying him ice cream for then?"

"Er, he promised me dinner."

"Really? Wow, he can cook?"

"Very much." Taeyang said in pride. "He's one of the best cooks I know."

"then he must teach me, Yuri is always complaining how she really wants me to cook for her" Jessica chuckled

"then you should come to my house tomorow, then" Taeyang felt happy. nothing better than spending the weekend with Jiyong, Yuri and Jessica.   

Jessica bowed her head slightly. "I should be going now, Yuri is waiting for me in the opposite street" she run while waving at Taeyang "See you later"  

Taeyang looked at her and smiled to himself, such a warm and delightful girl. he was wondering why they call her ice princess.

After making sure Jessica crossed the street without any trouble he looked at his watch "Well, I better hurry up"

He looked on back at the freezer and spotted pints with individual flavours. He smiled as he spotted his' and Jiyong's favourite flavours. Lemon and White Cherry.

After paying for them, he went on back to his trek towards his friend's home. A few more blocks and the familiar apartment building appeared before his eyes. He entered it familiarly and went on up to the 11th floor. Finding Jiyong's door in instinct, he tried knocking first. No one answered. He tried again and still no answer. Trying to turn the knob, he found that it was thankfully locked. He tried the door bell, heard the ring but still, there was no answer. Maybe Jiyong was out buying groceries? Perhaps the whole day had been to do chores for Jiyong. Buying groceries, going to maintenance so that they would fix his doorbell and the light to his living room. Maybe Jiyong had even done laundry and all other things he would have done last Sunday. The thought made Taeyang a bit guilty...

"Taeyang..."

Surprised at the familiar voice disrupting his thoughts, Taeyang spun around and found none other than Jiyong standing there..

"Hey, Ji." Taeyang greeted, observing Jiyong some more. The younger boy was holding on to a basket full of recently washed clothing. On top of those clothes was a small puppy  that was looking at Taeyang with interest. It was small. Taeyang leaned down to pet the puppy's head. "Hey, haven't seen you around before..."

"I saw him outside" Jiyong muttered in near silent voice. "It has always followed me around but it's only now when it decided to come home with me."

Taeyang looked up from examining the cute puppy.

"Let's go in." Jiyong spoke, nearing the door and fishing his keys from his pockets. He placed the basket down for awhile and looked for the right key, looking at Taeyang in the corner of his eyes. When the door opened after he unlocked it, he picked up the basket again and went on inside. The puppy leapt from the basket and sniffed around inside, quickly making itself at home as it found a warm spot that came from the glass sliding doors that lead to the balcony. It was where the afternoon light came in and it snuggled comfortably, ready to nap.

"So, what'll you name it?" Taeyang asked idly as he took off his shoes. He noticed Jiyong doing the same.

Jiyong looked up in surprise but then whatever else reaction he was going to have was restrained as he saw Taeyang's ready grin. He bent down to pick up his shoes and place it on his closet, prompting Taeyang to do the same. He picked up his basket and went on towards the living room then to his own room. "I was thinking of naming it Taeyang..."

"Hah, very funny." Taeyang just laughed. He watched Jiyong disappear from living room. Shrugging and making himself at home since he was very used to being here anyway, he switched the lights on, going over to the kitchen to place the ice cream in the freezer. He heard a small shuffling and he looked back to see that Jiyong was entering the kitchen. They looked at each other for awhile before Jiyong looked away and went towards the refrigerator as well, opening it and getting a container of some sort.

"So, what are you making tonight?" Taeyang asked in curiosity. He watched as Jiyong placed the container on a table. Jiyong looked at him for awhile then shrugged.

"Go on to the living room and relax..." Jiyong muttered, obviously not wanting to be disrupted while he cooked. "You can watch TV or log on to the net in my room, if you want."

"/Still/ don't want me in the kitchen?" Taeyang asked, pouting like a kid. "Hey, I won't ruin dinner... like the last time!"

"That's what I'm afraid of." Jiyong just rolled his eyes. "Now, go on and I'll make the dinner myself. You won't regret leaving me alone for awhile."

Taeyang laughed. "Minor insult... You're breaking my heart, you know." He winked before exiting the kitchen finally and going back to the living room. So, now, what was he going to do? He wanted to talk to Jiyong but the younger boy needed his 'concentration' while cooking. Taeyang grinned, knowing he'd be treated to a marvellous feast tonight. Jiyong had always been a great cook - one of the benefits of living alone. Another benefit was Jiyong being a great house maker - a good candidate for a wife, as Jessica had said one day. Shaking his head at that humorous thought, Taeyang went on to turn on the television. He sat on the sofa and flipped on the channels for a while, trying to search for anything interesting.

News, kid's anime, news, tennis match, golf, news... Well, it was too early for anything interesting to come on. Shrugging to himself, Taeyang turned the TV off and decided to go on to the internet. He stood from his seat and went on towards Jiyong's room. When he entered, he found that the laptop was already . He sat at the seat before it and logged on. When that was over, he just looked blankly on the screen, not really knowing what to do. What he /really/ wanted to do was to speak to Jiyong but unfortunately, the kitchen was off limits. So... For long moments, he just stared at the screen, not knowing what to do next.

"Are you always like this?"

EH? Taeyang looked towards the doorway to see Jiyong looking at him with faint amusement. "Oh, it's you! What are you doing here? Checking on me? You miss me already?"

There was the obvious discomfort caused by that statement but it was erased quickly from Jiyong's features. The younger boy shrugged and went inside the room, sitting on the bed, next to where Taeyang was. "I'm broiling dinner..." he muttered. "Anyway, what are you doing?"

"I don't know." Taeyang laughed.

"Aho..." Jiyong said. He seemed to think for awhile before finally deciding to ask something. "So... do you chat?"

"Eh?" Taeyang asked, not knowing if he should reveal himself. "Yeah, I do... Do you?"

"Yeah..." Jiyong nodded. He was looking at his bed, finding the comforter interesting. "Anyway, do you have online friends?"

"Yeah..."

"Me too..." Jiyong looked up and a faint smile was on his lips. He stood up suddenly, moving towards the door.

"Hey, you only came here to ask me that?" Taeyang asked, a teasing glint in his eyes. He wanted to provoke Jiyong, desiring to find out what was behind the sudden query. Consequently, he loved the smile directed to him - though small and faint as it may be.

"Yeah..." Jiyong answered, looking back momentarily. Eventually, he shrugged and went on back to the living room then to the kitchen.

Taeyang watched him go a bit wistfully, wondering what it would be like if he was allowed to tease the younger boy with playful kisses. Sighing to himself, he turned back to the computer screen and thought again for awhile. An idea struck him and he found himself typing in a new site that was dedipuppyed to the 'GDYB' coupling. It would be a good idea so as to 'stir the pot', no? What better way than to show Jiyong proof of why they were meant to be a couple? He knew it sounded a bit weird but it would be really interesting to see Jiyong's reaction. Nodding to himself, he typed in a homepage dedipuppyed solely to their pairing...

'KpopYG' was the homepage he often visited. One part was dedipuppyed to ToDae, the other part was for himself and Jiyong. Upon getting to a crossroads on what couple to pick, he chose the one with the KPOP banner. The page loaded and he was met with several options on the beautifully-made main page. Fanfiction, Fanart, Person and Pairing Analysis, Skins, List of Fans and many more... Taeyang quickly clicked on fanfiction, wanting to read a fic about them. When the fic page loaded, he skimmed through the stories available, greedy to read one already. He chose one...

***

Was the day so slow? Jiyong sighed as he stirred the soup he was making. It was almost done. Now finished with the appetizer, the only dishes left to be done was the main dish and side dishes. He looked on at the pot still under fire and sighed, knowing that it needed more minutes to cook. He glanced back to the soup and was satisfied at its appearance and texture. He turned the heat off to that one and covered it, intending to visit Taeyang again. He blushed suddenly, unable to prevent himself. Why was he acting so weird? He wanted to see Taeyang constantly but his presence made him feel uneasy too. The feeling was clear to the pit of his stomach, vibrating with constant contradiction.

Jiyong left the kitchen and went back to his room for the second time. He found Taeyang engrossed on a page and he noticed that the older boy was reading something. A story, perhaps? Was he studying? For a moment, Jiyong just watched him, smiling faintly at how passionate Taeyang could be. Sometimes, Taeyang was like this, so vibrant and full of life in anything that he did. Perhaps that was one of the things that attracted him to the older boy. Another thing perhaps is the unavoidable fact that Taeyang is a very handsome person - physically, mentally or whatever else. He was the dream boy of many girls. Cheerful, outgoing, good-looking, smart and athletic... What more can anyone ask for? Taeyang was his opposite - someone he wanted to be, but could never be. Taeyang smiled for him, laughed for him. Taeyang was his one and only friend... He was so very lucky...

"Oh!" Taeyang suddenly spun around, noticing Jiyong's presence for the first time. After the surprised glance, the ready smile replaced all emotions on that handsome face. "How long have you been standing there?"

"Long enough..." Jiyong moved towards the bed again, close to Taeyang so as to see what the older boy was reading. It was another excuse to just be near him...

"You know what I'm reading?" Taeyang asked with a naughty smirk.

"What?"

"A Taeyang x Jiyong fic" He laughed, obviously trying to provoke Jiyong once again.

Jiyong's eyes widened and he looked at the computer screen. Truthfully enough... The words he saw were the description of how Taeyang was kissing him. He felt heat on his cheeks and he looked down, not knowing what to say.

"What do you think about that?" Taeyang asked in a gentle voice.

"What?"

"You know, people assuming so much to do these things..."

"They have no lives?"

"Hah, don't be mean to them! They worked a lot to create sites and fics and art on us." He paused and looked at Jiyong closely, making sure that the younger boy was looking at him when he spoke again. "Maybe we should reward them."

"With what?" Jiyong swallowed, suddenly feeling nervous.

"Something..." And Taeyang winked. He turned back to the computer and went on back to the fanfic page. He saw from the corner of his eyes that Jiyong suddenly stood up, obviously going back to check on what he was cooking. Once Jiyong was out of sight, Taeyang suddenly got bored, not wanting to read anymore. He logged off quickly then stood up, stretching a bit. He looked around the room and watched everything with interest.

He'd been here before. Actually, when he came here, he almost always goes to Jiyong's room. Now, he looked around again as if he was seeing everything with new eyes.

The room was neat and clean. There was a bookcase filled with books - most of them classics. There were some of the best manga ever produced and other books like the Bible, Dictionaries and Encyclopaedias.

He sighed once again as he found himself bored. That was his constant problem perhaps. Since he was so good already in many things, he got too easily bored. That's part perhaps of Jiyong's charm to him. Since Jiyong was a very complex person, he got Taeyang's attention. The younger boy was silent, passive - everything Taeyang wasn't. They were opposites and that made their relationship all the more interesting. Eventually, his interest lead him to notice little things that often didn't matter. And in those little things, he found himself falling for the younger boy...

Taeyang looked around the room once more, as if wanting to search for something he'd always wanted to see... Pictures. What sort of pictures? Well, he was interested in the ones when Jiyong was still a child, 'cute like a girl', just like the woman at the front desk of the apartment building had said to him before. He wanted to see a picture when Jiyong was happy, smiling so vividly without any problem and any pain. The thought lead him back to their conversation just the other day when they were speaking underneath the rain.

Eventually getting bored again, Taeyang moved to exit the room, going back to the living room. The sight of the napping Puppy greeted him, causing him to near it. Crouching, he ran his fingers through its furry little head. Purring softly, it opened its eyes, looking at Taeyang in boredom. closing its eyes again. That was when it chose to continue its nap.

Taeyang couldn't help but laugh at the little scene, he went on over to the glass sliding window lopuppyed in the living room. He slid it to the side and the cool afternoon wind entered. He went on outside and looked at the view of his home city.

It was just about five o'clock . Below the building and all around it was the bustling city. Cars in traffic, small dots of students walking around the streets, and office workers busily trekking their way home. It was a boring sight really, and Taeyang found himself wanting to go somewhere far away from all these usual occurrences. Perhaps one day on a break, he'd invite Jiyong to go on a hiking trip where only nature could be found. Walking in vast forests, climbing mountains and finding a cool lake where he could fish and where Jiyong could nap... That would be a mini paradise for the both of them...

Then again, maybe they could just go to the beach, or snowboard in the alps, just to get away from it all. From school, the city, even dance that they both loved. Anything to gain them momentary peace from the world. That would be a treat, wouldn't it?

He shifted his gaze again and looked on at the ocean, so blue even in the late afternoon. The sun was going to set in an hour or so... Ah, this was a great day. Perhaps he'd get Jiyong to notice the simple beauty of a sunset. Sometimes, Jiyong was too stressed, concentrating too much on certain things that he forgot to relax. He'd definitely have to get him to relax more...

"What are you doing out here?"

Not again. With an easy smile, Taeyang turned towards his friend. Jiyong was leaning on the glass door, looking at him with curiosity while holding on to his napping puppy.

"Nothing in particular... I got bored..."

"You're always bored."

"Heh, you know me well, Ji." Taeyang winked, coming closer to Jiyong and slightly bending to pet the puppy again. "So, you thought of a good name for the puppy yet? What'll be its name?"

Jiyong looked on back and shrugged. He went past Taeyang and came nearer to the railings of his balcony. He placed the puppy down and the white furry creature yawned, choosing to nap beside his leg. His eyes warmed quite a bit as he leaned on the railings, his eyes watching the city they lived in.

Taeyang grinned and followed, choosing to stand beside Jiyong, his eyes also watching the scenery. "Do you want me to suggest a name?"

"Go ahead..." Jiyong muttered, his voice nearly swallowed by the wind.

"Hmm, how about... Gaho?"

Jiyong looked back momentarily and seemed to think for awhile. When he looked away, he spoke once again. "that's a good name"

"Yeah, I'm thinking of having a dog myself too. I'll name him Boss" Taeyang liked the idea of having two gods living with them. he smiled looking down at the puppy and he saw it looking up at him with interest. It seemed like it liked its name. "Gaho, you're going to have a friend soon" the puppy barked happily.

"well I didn't know you want to have a dog" Jiyong laughed,  The wind ruffled Jiyong's hair, revealing his delipuppye features and Taeyang watched him silently, wanting to say something. but he felt himself paralyzed from the beauty boy in front of him .

"Dinner's ready..." Jiyong suddenly spoke, disrupting the silence. "If you want to eat now..."

"Really? So, what did you make?"

"The best." Jiyong looked back at Taeyang in pride before moving to enter the living room. Taeyang followed him to the dining table beside the living room and he saw that it had already been prepared. There were covered dishes all around and he wondered again what dinner was. The scent that was strong in the air hinted it to be seafood. By the time they were both sitting on their respective seats, Taeyang was trying his hardest to prevent himself from drooling.

Jiyong looked up and actually grinned before uncovering the appetizer. It was the most costly soup that money can buy - Bird's nest soup. Steaming hot and silky in its appearance, Taeyang grinned widely as he was served. Entree after that consisted of lobster and the side dishes consisted of the costly scallops. Their beverage was red wine and Taeyang felt like he had the luckiest stomach on earth.

Jiyong watched Taeyang eat eagerly, obviously with the appetite of a /still/ growing boy. He was like that too... sometimes. Now, though, he contented himself with watching his friend, happy enough that Taeyang was happy. Was it true then? Was his cooking really great? No words were exchanged during the meal as Taeyang was obviously enjoying himself too much to pause and speak with him. He remembered the conversation that they were to have later on and he felt his nervousness - his heart seemingly beating a mile a minute.

"Hey, you're not eating much... Again!" Taeyang frowned as he paused in his meal, watching the half-eaten entree on Jiyong's dish. "That's why you're anorexic. Gotta eat more!"

"I'm eating a lot actually..." Jiyong turned to his plate as he realized that his meal for this dinner was actually a breakthrough since he was always contented in small servings most of the times...

"So, where did you learn to cook like this again?" Taeyang asked, sipping on his red wine.

"Cookbooks... I told you this before..."

"Well, you're too good to have just learned it from cookbooks!" Taeyang winked. "You learned it from heaven, I know!"

"Sure, sure..." Jiyong said casually, not believing.

"Of course I'm sure!"

Jiyong just shook his head in amusement, knowing that no matter how annoying Taeyang was sometimes, he was forever making him feel light inside himself - worries be damned. That was another thing he loved about the other boy. He smiled slightly and when he looked up.

"You amaze me every time we're like this..." Taeyang spoke, hands steepled as his gaze was on Jiyong alone.

"Uhm, why?" Jiyong asked uncertainly, feeling his heart quickening some more.

"Sometimes... When you're always with your neutrality, people assume that you're a cold person. I... have never assumed that to be what you are. Every time we're together, you prove my beliefs true again and again..."

"What... what do you mean?"

"Like this..." Taeyang's gaze softened. "When you're smiling so easily as if you were me."

Jiyong stifled a blush, looking down at his meal, not knowing what to say. Eventually... "It's only natural that you see these things... Since you're my friend..." When he looked back up, Taeyang was still looking at him intently.

Taeyang sighed, busy admiring the younger boy. He closed his eyes for awhile, feeling so contented. But then... it wasn't enough. If allowed, he wanted to be /with/ Jiyong instead of just being his 'only friend'. But then... Perhaps that could always wait. When he opened his eyes, he noticed that Jiyong was looking at him. He smiled and stood, going over to Jiyong and offering a hand. When Jiyong looked at him in incomprehension, he just grinned. "I want to show you something..."

Jiyong took the hand offered and was lead back to the balcony. Leaning against the railing, he watched as Taeyang suddenly left him and went to get something inside his home. When Taeyang returned, he had with him two pints of ice cream. He was handed the white cherry flavoured one and he nodded in thanks at his friend, amazed that Taeyang hadn't forgotten his favourite. If he was not mistaken, they had only eaten ice cream once before. Anyway, Taeyang handed him a spoon and the older boy sat at the floor of the porch, right beside the small white puppy. He did the same and they began to eat their dessert.

"I saw Jessica today..." Taeyang spoke, initiating conversation as he looked on at the sea. "She said she wanted you to teach her how to cook, maybe tomorrow they will to my house, will you come?"

"Yeah I don't mind at all" Jiyong said with cute smile. he continued " Jessica and Yuri are very nice, I enjoy my time being with them"

"So... did you enjoy it in Siren?"

"Uhm, yeah... I guess..."

"What did you enjoy the most?"

Jiyong seemed to think about his answer. "The freedom... I guess..."

"Don't guess." Taeyang grinned over his ice cream, looking at Jiyong.

"I'm not guessing." Jiyong stared back defiantly.

For a while, they looked at each other. Then they laughed, not really knowing why.

"Heh, I like you like this, Ji..." Taeyang looked on back at his lemon ice cream, spooning a mouthful from the pint.

"Like what?" Jiyong asked, confused.

"When you laugh, when you smile... When I see a part of you that no one ever sees..."

"You're awfully dramatic..." Jiyong muttered, looking off in the distance.

"But it's the truth!"

"Yeah, yeah..."

"Heh, you don't believe me?"

"I didn't say that..."

"Heh..." Taeyang laughed, enjoying himself. "Anyway, I wanted to ask you something..." When Jiyong didn't answer, he continued. "It's about that night in Siren..."

"What about it?" Jiyong asked, knowing that their true conversation was finally coming.

"Do you remember everything that happened that night?" Taeyang asked in curiosity.

"Bits and pieces... Not everything..." Jiyong answered. "And you?"

"Same..." Taeyang looked off to the distance too. "Anyway, I wanted to ask you some questions, if you would allow..."

Jiyong swallowed involuntarily, knowing that the time definitely had come. "I answer your questions while you answer my own questions... deal?"

"Alright!" Taeyang exclaimed, feeling excited. "Anyway, my first question is... Uhm, what do you feel about homouals?"

Jiyong's eyes widened and he was glad that he was facing away from his friend. Taeyang was that blatant already? He breathed deeply, feeling a bit uneasy about the subject. "Uhm, they're okay... Since I'm one of them..."

"You're - !"

Jiyong looked back to see a wide-eyed stare at him by Taeyang. Taeyang looked surprised... but was there relief there too? Maybe he was imagining things... "didn't TOP tell you?"

"Hey! that jerk, and I was with him the whole day and he didn't say anything" Taeyang pouted..

"Anyway, my question for you is the same."

"EH?" Taeyang looked surprised. "Oh well, better answer it then. Hmm, I guess that's alright with me too... me being biual and all." He winked at Jiyong, causing the younger boy to blush. He caught that particular blush before Jiyong looked away and he felt so triumphant.

"I never knew that..." Jiyong said in near silent voice.

"You never asked..." Taeyang smirked. He decided to ask his second question. "Uhm, anyway, does the gossip about us bother you?"

"No... Gossips never really bother me..."

"Me too..." Taeyang nodded.

"My question's next..." Jiyong slowly looked back at Taeyang as if the next question was very vital. "Why do you always hang out with me?"

"Why not?" Taeyang just grinned.

"I'm not the most friendly person in the world nor the most perfect... I'm very flawed and yet..."

"Because... you're you. I like you. You're interesting and I feel comfortable with you..." Taeyang looked on back at those sapphire eyes, feeling himself drowning in those depths. "There are a lot of things about you... Things you never notice. Things no one else notice. The person that you are - at home, in the dance room and in many different things..."

"What do you mean?" Jiyong asked, not comprehending.

"Little things..." Taeyang smiled. "Being so damn neat and clean, striving so hard to become the best singer - to the point of punishing yourself, being on time always, being such a heavenly cook, being always yourself and not being false... You are a person who doesn't have to pretend. You're frank but in a gentle manner. You're a true person."

Seeing Jiyong gape at his words, he continued. "When I'm with you, it's as if I can reveal myself too. Be true just like you are. I don't have to smile often. And yet I do - but not the false ones I often have for others..."

Jiyong watched the person before him in fascination, not wanting to believe those words. Those were things about him but perhaps Taeyang was going too far? He wasn't such a real person. Sometimes, he still hid behind a mask, still afraid, still vulnerable. That was why he was hesitating to just initiate a relationship with Taeyang, no matter how much they both seemed to want to have one. He noticed Taeyang looking back towards the view of the city and he sighed, thinking of his next question...

"It's my turn to ask, right, Ji?" Taeyang asked, breathing the cold autumn wind that surrounded them.

"Yeah..."

"Well, what do you like about me? As a person..."

"Uhm..." Jiyong thought, wanting to tell Taeyang how great he was. Instead, he told his frank opinion. "You often smile. But in your smile, something seems amiss. You're cheerful but you're bored inside. Your boredom... it's a reason why you sometimes feel unsatisfied. Because you're everything people want to be... You're calm, a genius as people say, handsome, outgoing, athletic..." He paused suddenly, not expecting to see Taeyang blush at his words. Blinking once, he continued. "You're perfect, Taeyang, and yet, you're unfulfilled..."

"You really know me well, don't you?" Taeyang muttered, not smiling for once as he mulled over those words that had perfectly analyzed him. If Jiyong knew him this well then that meant that the younger boy had been paying attention to him too. The thought warmed him thoroughly though it was not yet enough... Not even now...

"My question..." Jiyong broke into Taeyang's thoughts. "I wanted to ask you what you were going to show me out here..."

Surprised, Taeyang blinked at the question. "Oh? Well..." He looked off to the distance, noticing that the sunset was nearing. He smiled. "I wanted to show you the sunset..."

"Huh? Why?"

"Often..." Taeyang spoke, recalling afternoons in the past. "Often, we play in the afternoon well into the night. Sometimes, when I'm not with you, I'm often at the sea - fishing or just watching the calm waves. I liked the sight of that. It's soothing. Often, a simple sunset makes me happy. It's constantly happening everyday and yet people often forget to acknowledge such simple beautiful things. This afternoon, I realize that you are one of those people. I wanted you to see it. Just the simple evolution of the earth revolving and the sun disappearing so that night would come once again..."

When he looked at Jiyong, he saw that the younger boy's eyes were gleaming as he too watched the sunset that was set to occur. Turning back to the scenery, Taeyang smiled.

The sky was a hue of purplish orange, another afternoon dying as dusk was setting in. A big ball of light was lazily descending, being slowly swallowed by the sea. The ocean was calm, reflecting the sky. And off in the distance, seagulls soared in their flight, a peaceful sight in the dying day. That was when Jiyong spoke...

"Sometimes..." he muttered, a small smile on his lips. "You are like an old man..."

Taeyang laughed, hearing those words before.

Feeling a bit indigent, Jiyong looked at Taeyang. Seeing the happy smile on his friend's face though, he just shook his head, feeling amused all of a sudden. He was feeling happy once again. Simple words that were spoken to provoke him. He wondered how Taeyang could have gotten to the point of knowing him that well. But he just shook his head at that, knowing that it didn't matter. What mattered was the fact that he was happy. And the fact that he was happy with Taeyang. That feeling was intensely driving him to break his bonds, to go on further to a place he had never been before. He was afraid but... Somehow, he felt more relieved to know these things. And so he decided. Tonight then, if his assumptions were real. Tonight, there would be no more hesitation. Tonight, he was going to be ready. Tonight, he will no longer fear anything. Tonight...

"You look, for once, relaxed, Ji." Taeyang smiled, noticing the changing emotions on his friend's eyes. "Care to share?"

Surprised, Jiyong looked back at his friend. "I look relaxed?"

"Because often, you look so stressed. Right now, at this moment, you look like you are so relieved and peaceful. I like that expression."

"And you too... You look relaxed too. Like you never have..." Seeing those eyes, Jiyong felt himself drowning. His heart beat faster. What was it that he was feeling? He felt so nervous yet so relieved and...

Taeyang watched the younger boy closely, watched those suddenly expressive eyes, and that perfect porcelain face. The moment drove him to his constant desire and he looked on lower to those lips, remembering exactly how Jiyong had tasted that night in Siren. Unable to really help it, he smiled, eyes half-lidded in his want as he extended a hand slowly, touching his friend's face. He ran his hand slowly on the younger boy's silken hair, before pausing. His other hand raised itself and he now held on to his friend's face securely between his palms. And slowly, tilting his head, he neared his lips to the other boy's...

The phone rang.

Jolted from the addictive moment, Jiyong's and Taeyang's eyes widened as they realized what they were about to do. The phone rang again and Jiyong stood up with a blush, rushing towards his living room. Taeyang watched him go, a warm blush also on his cheeks. He listened in on Jiyong's voice as he spoke to whoever was on the phone.

"Hello? Uh, no, this is not JONG Kito. Sorry, but you've got the wrong number... Alright. Bye." After placing the phone back down, Jiyong ran a hand through his hair, breathing deeply and trying to regain his composure. He tried vainly to get rid of the warmth on his cheeks. When he felt that he had settled down, he slowly went back to the balcony, noticing that the sun was nowhere in his view and night time had come. He looked down at his watch and saw that it was 6:43 pm .

"Who was it?" Taeyang asked in amusement, now standing and leaning on the railing as he faced Jiyong. He was grinning.

"Wrong number..."

Taeyang laughed cursing mentally for the dude who ruined their moment.

Jiyong looked at his watch and realised it's 6:30. he remembered his supposed meeting with his chatmate.

"Do... you have some place to go to tonight?" Jiyong asked, somehow already knowing the answer.

"Yeah, I do..." Taeyang smiled. He moved towards Jiyong and stopped right before him. When Jiyong looked a bit nervous, he just grinned and moved to embrace him. Giving warmth and letting Jiyong's head lean on his shoulder, he engulfed the younger boy, closing his eyes. He smelled the boy's scent, now knowing what Jiyong really was like without the effects of smoke and alcohol. Jiyong smelled nice - warm, his cherry flavoured shampoo, his soap and the faint muskiness that said that he was indeed male. Absently, he the fine ebony hair of his friend, loving the feel of it on his fingers - almost like the fur of a puppy. His other hand was wrapped around the back of Jiyong, slowly as if to soothe.

Jiyong, surprised, looked on blankly ahead of him, not having experienced this before. He loved the way that in the cold early evening, he was being warmed by an unexpected embrace. Human contact... Suddenly, he felt like he was not afraid of it anymore. That it was okay as he was feeling warm and happy and safe. He closed his eyes and unconsciously, he wrapped his arms around the other boy too. He wanted the moment to last forever.

For seemingly a long time, they stayed that way, wrapped in each other's arms, breathing slowly and evenly even if their hearts were beating very fast. Eventually though, Taeyang pulled away, regrettably so, but happy all the same that the moment had happened. Taeyang looked on warmly at Jiyong, smiling as the younger boy's eyes opened slowly to meet his eyes.

"I've got to go." Taeyang spoke, barely above a whisper as he slowly moved away. "I'm sorry to just run off like this but I have some place I have to be tonight. I promise to do the dishes next time you cook for me."

Jiyong nodded with a faint grin. "You always say that..."

"Hey, I promise!" Taeyang winked.

"Yeah, yeah..." Jiyong watched as Taeyang walked back inside. He followed him and observed closely as Taeyang went over to the dining area to fix the utensils they had used. He quickly went over there too to stop Taeyang from his actions.

"What?" Taeyang asked as Jiyong held his forearms. He looked up in curiosity at the boy.

"I'll do that. You go on ahead..." Jiyong said genuinely, a small smile on his lips.

Instead of a retort though, Taeyang just found himself admiring the boy again. "You really are so beautiful when you smile... And yes, I do know that you're not a girl." He winked and went over to the closet beside the front door, retrieving his shoes and slowly putting them on.

Jiyong watched him silently before he suddenly remembered something. He rushed to his room to get something and when he returned, he gave a small bag to Taeyang.

"Eh? What's this?" Taeyang asked, as he slowly stood up from tying his shoes. He peered inside the bag.

"The clothes I borrowed recently. Those have been washed and pressed..."

"Heh, thanks." Taeyang grinned, going over to the door. He turned the knob and exited. Looking back once, he winked. "See you soon."

"You too." Jiyong only smiled, his gaze warm. He watched him go before closing the door. Breathing deeply, he set off to fix everything before his intended meeting with his online friend.