Chapter 1: Day Dream

The Ice Princess and Her Knight [On Hold]

Krystal spends her day in mundane routines. She wakes up at six in the morning to bathe and groom herself for the day. Around ten at night, Krystal will go to bed and the day repeats. She changes her clothes at least four times a day depending on the occasion. One day out of all of her days in her life, someone captures her attention at first glance. Down below from the balcony view from the fifth story Krystal stood in, there are five rows of knights walking by, one of them fell behind as he went back to get his the helmet he had dropped. Though Krystal couldn’t see his face clearly but she found herself attracted to his posture. He bow to Krystal when he saw her, making her heart skip a beat.

The maids from inside the room whisper to each other as the silently giggles with excitement of seeing the princess falling in love. Krystal is too busy to realize what the maids are giggling about. Though Krystal has a expressionless reactions when talking to people, the maids she had with her already knows her personality. The maids find it cute to see Krystal’s reaction becomes livelier when she happy and now they have a chance to witness Krystal falling in love for the first time.

“Princess.” Said one of the maids. “Princess!”

Distracted Krystal didn’t realize someone was calling her. “Yes.” Krystal finally said.

The maid said with a smile. “It’s time for your dance lesson. Miss Victoria Song is waiting for you in the ballroom.”

“Thank you. Tell her I’ll be there in half an hour. Maids, bring me my outfit.”

Dressed in a beautiful light weight dress, Krystal prepares herself to practice some ballroom dancing to prepare her for a debuted in the political world in a few months. Krystal walks down several hallways before arriving at the ballroom, a large beautifully decorated room with long drapes framing six south facing twenty foot tall windows and six sparkling chandelier hanging from the ceiling.  The ceiling is twenty seven feet tall and is colored in white, gold, and peach. Victoria stood in the middle of the ballroom waiting for Krystal.

“Princess, always make sure you are on time.” Victoria said when Krystal had arrived a few minutes late. “Your pride is put on the line every time you are late.”

“Sorry Ms. Song.” Krystal said. “I was distracted.”

“Distracted huh?” Victoria said feeling surprise by Krystal excuse.

Standing beside Victoria is Krystal’s dance partner, a female servant dressed in male clothing. In Krystal time growing up she is rarely exposed to male servants. All of her personal servants are females.

“Come one let’s begin.” Victoria claps each time she counts to emphasize the timing of each step. “One, two, three, and repeats.”

Krystal looks elegant and matured beautifully into a young woman. Victoria looks at Krystal proudly as Krystal pulls off each move beautiful and elegantly.

“Ms. Song.”

“Yes princess.”

“You’re young and beautiful. Can you tell me what’s it is like to fall in love.”

“Already interested in love?” Victoria smiles. “To be honest, I have only fallen in love once.”

“To who?”

“A knight. He’s a knight for this castle.”

“How did you fall for him?”

“I trip and fell. There is where we met by fate. He caught me in his strong big arms. As he walks away, I couldn’t keep my eyes off of him.”

“So what happened to you and him?”

“He was too concentrated to his work to notice me. I might have been just like every lady he had met before. He must have ladies falling for him left and right.”

The expression on Krystal’s curious face shows she was eager to hear more.

“You really are in love.” Victoria said. “Who is this lucky guy?”

“He’s a knight. I don’t know, but there’s something about him that makes me can’t forget about him.”

“Princess, you must know falling for a knight doesn’t guarantee you two will be together in the future.” The tone in Victoria’s voice got serious. “Unless he is an accomplish Knight, there is still the chance he will not be accepted by your father.” Sadness rose in Victoria’s eyes showing her seriousness and pity towards Krystal. “As a princess, you can’t have everything your way. Even though right now it seems that is the job of a princess. In the future you must choose your kingdom over your heart. The love you dream of is only possible in fairy tales.”

 Hearing those words made Krystal heart sank. “So I can never find true love?”

“No, that’s not what I’m saying. What I am saying is, don’t fall for a knight. It will only bring you heart ache.”

“I understand.”

The expressions on Krystal’s face makes Victoria’s heart sank. “Princess.” Victoria said as she holds onto Kristal’s shoulder. “Don’t fall for the knight no matter what.”

Lunch arrives and Kristal’s mind is full of thoughts. What do I do? I really want to meet him. Even if my heart breaks in the end, I still want to find out who’s that knight is. She slowly eats her lunch and continues with her daily task.

 

By dinner time, Krystal decided to have dinner in the courtyard as change of pace from her usual routine. She usually eats her dinner indoors with her parents. Surrounded in a garden of flowers with the sounds of the water fountain in the background and the soft cool breeze, everything feels relaxing. Added onto that relaxation are the sounds of violins playing in the backgrounds.

Even though Krystal never known love, she couldn’t let go of the fact that she may never meet that knight she saw that morning. Will I ever meet him again? If only I can see his face up closer to keep him in my heart even though we may never be together.

In the middle of her meal she was interrupted by the sounds of her maid murmuring. Then a sudden sound coming from the bushes in the direction of the courtyard grabs both the maids and Krystal’s attention. It was the sounds of multiple footsteps rushing through the bushes and the rustling of leaves.

A maid yells warning the intruders doing her best to hide her nervousness, “Who are you? How dare you come and interrupts the princess’s dinner?”

It was that knight Krystal had seen earlier. He’s accompanied by two other younger knights following behind him, probably knights in training as they don’t have a full armor. The knight bows to Krystal in a polite manner. “I’m sorry for any interruption princess.” The knight also made the two younger knight bow to the princess showing how uncultured the youngster were. “I’m sorry for my insolence. Allow me to take my leave.” The two younger knights already prepared to leave the moment the older Knight said that but was stopped.

“You may not leave after such insincere apologies.” The maid said. “You have to be punished to the highest degree.”

As if it was instill in his veins, an instinctive move, the Knight bows down on one knee with his head facing the ground the moment the maid said that. The two younger knights quickly follow with urgency finally understanding what they are doing. “I by no means, mean to disregard the princess importance. If my tone of voice is undesirable then punish me as you will, but at the very least spare these to innocent lads under my care. I am their mentor, so if they are to misbehave. I on their behalf will take all punishments.”

Krystal stood up and the maids stop talking. “You may take your leave after you have given me your name. Only then would I forgive you.” Her face was expressionless but the emotion she is feels is over flowing with nervousness. Right now all Krystal could think about is how will she meet him again, but she refuses to cause ill will to him to keep him at her side.

The Knight responded obediently, “I’m Amber J. Lui and these two besides me are knights in training.”

“I’m JB.” said the blond one.

“I’m Jr.” said the brunet one.

JB and Jr. say in harmony, “And together we are, JJ Project!”

Amber whacks them on the back of their heads to silences them.

JB and Jr. say, “We’re sorry for being rude princess.”

“Thank you princess for your unmatched kindness to forgive this foolish action of mine, it is unforgettable. I promise one day I will return it to you ten folds over.” Amber said before slowly leaving the presence of the princess.

As they left, you can hear Amber smacking the heads of JB and Jr. for disobedience in the distance. Even without seeing it, you can tell that those three are incredibly close. They would momentarily whine about the pain only to end up laughing together as JB and Jr. apologizes for their actions.

Krystal is left in a daze. The maids watch expectantly as they quietly whisper to one another. A warm happy smile beams from Krystal’s face. She has already forgotten Victoria’s warning about falling for the Knight and is now on cloud nine dreaming of Amber J. Lui.

_ _ _

From the Author: This is my second story on asianfanfics.com. I don't know what to say. All f(x) girls are natural beauties. d("a")b