Keeping Promises

Living the Dream

You kept glancing suspiciously at Baekhyun. He remained silent no matter how many times you asked where you were going.  You just let him led you around the street. As always, he wore scarf and cap for disguise. Somehow, you feel afraid if there are actually fans that recognize him walking with you. You’ll definitely make some antis, so you keep look around anxiously.

Baekhyun couldn’t hold and let out a laugh, “Can you remove that face? I feel like kidnapping a teenager.”

You sighed and stopped looking around, “Because you keep not telling and I’m walking with a Hallyu Star! What do you think I should do? Some sasaeng fans could throw a knife at me in anytime.” You mumbled to yourself on the last sentence, which made his laughter became louder.

“That’s ridiculous. I’ve told you, I’m a man with a full of promises.” He sang out. It seems like he doesn’t care if someone might actually spot him.

But not for you, your heart is full with anxious currently.

“What promise?”

“You’ll see.” He smirked for the nth time. You grew frustrated, because every time you asked, he never answered your question instead make you more curious.

“It’s your fault to not remember your own promise.” He added.

“I did? You raised your brows. You didn’t remember to make any promises with him. “So now we’re going to a place to fulfill your promise to me?”

He just shrugged his shoulder. “You’ll see.”  You groaned and rolled your eyes. He just smiled in satisfied, looked like he’s having fun teasing you.

Now, you see Baekhyun takes you to some small street with only shops and restaurant in it. No vehicles allowed, only pedestrian which could go through. You stopped at some small place between two restaurants. At first, you didn’t know what place it is because it’s only shows small counter and some couch beside.

Then you realized it’s a karaoke place.

“A karaoke?” You asked him after he had paid the bills. Actually, you had suggested to split the bill but he insisted to pay by himself. So you just decided to treat him meal later.

“You said that you want to hear my voice right?” He grinned.

“Ah….” You nodded in understanding way. Now you know what this is all about.

**************************

“What games do you want to play?” D.O asked the girls as they arrived to arcade games in Insadong.

“Whoaa, so many games in here.” Sunggi scanned the room and amazed by it.

“Of course. It’s an arcade.” D.O chuckled.

“Let’s play basketball shoot!” Kai get excited and went directly to the machine.

“I think you should buy the coin first.” Ahgi reminded which made Kai stopped his pace.

“Right.” He rubbed his back and smiled sheepishly. “Let’s go then. I’ll treat you. What do you want to play?” He and Ahgi walked to the counter leaving D.O and Sunggi behind.

“Ice Hockey! Ah and the one where you can get many tickets when you hit at the right time then the ball appeared then it goes to hole and the tickets come out.” Ahgi blabbered excitedly. “Oh and the one where you hit the mice that appeared randomly and you hit it and you get a lot of tickets!”

Kai chuckled seeing her excitement, it’s just like bringing a 5-year-old girl to arcade games he thought. “I think you should buy the coin first.” Kai mimicked her, only to get a death glare from Ahgi.

“Where’s D.O and Sunggi?” Ahgi looked around but they’re nowhere to find.

“Don’t know.” He shrugged his shoulder. “Just let 2 of them together. Kyungsoo might not make a move if we’re hanging around him.”

Ahgi nodded while receiving the coins from Kai. “True enough. So, what games do we want to play first?”

“I let you try the Air Hockey one.” Kai give a smirk. “Losers pay the drinks.”

“Challenge accepted. But I think you better prepare your money from now.” Ahgi replied the smirk and headed to the games, running a little over her excitement.

Kai scoffed and followed behind her. “Okay, bring it on.”

***********************

“You choose the song.” Baekhyun suggested as you keep on searching through the monitor. There’s a lot of song in here, but you had no idea which song to sing. Or which song would probably the best to sing for Baekhyun.

“How about ballad song? SM the ballad?” You looked at him asking for permission. He thought for a while and gave a slight shake.

“Okay, no.”  Then you continued searching for the song. “How about your own song? But besides Mama and History. Let’s see.” You typed EXO and it appears few songs in it. Besides Mama and History, so it leaves you with two choices, between What is Love and Angel.

You smiling to yourself finally just got a prefect song.

“Angel.” You turned to him. He was busy choosing the food menu since he felt hungry and feels like to have some light meal.

“What?” He closed it and turned to you.

“Angel. I want you to sing Angel, your own song.” You grinned.

“Really? This one?” He raised his brows and smiled amusingly. “Well then, you chose it.”

The melody of piano plays started as he clicked on the song. Taking a deep breath, he started on the first line.

machi amugeotdo moreuneun airo geureoke
dashi taeeonan sungan gachi

Tilting your head, already drown into his beautiful voice. He sings so perfectly, you got mesmerized in it. As he entered the reff part, he made some improvise in it so that it makes the song even more beautiful. Going on with the song, you watched him in every way not wanting to miss any single of it. He’s so talented, you could stay all day long to hear him singing. Turning his head and looked straightly to you, he sings right to you. Turned out to be embarassed, you looked away so that he didn’t notice your bright red face. Your heart beating so fast, you never had experienced like this before. It’s the first time for you, and you couldn’t help but feel extremely pleased.

manyang idaero hamkke georeumyeon
eodideun cheongugilteni

The songs ended. You give round of applause and cheered excitedly. Pretending like on the real show, he waved all around and repeteadly saying thank you.

“Baekhyun. You’re-“ You paused for a moment, out of words to describe how beautiful his performance was. “You’re really really really daebak. I don’t know what to say.” You chuckled.

“I get that as a compliment. And thank you.” He gave a light bow and went back sitting.

“Next song!” You cheered out as you keeping on searching for the song. “Okay, what song do you want next?”

“Hey, I’ve got my turn already. Now is your turn.” He snapped the remote from you. “And I’m choosing the song.”

“Eh??” You give disagree look to him. “But—“

“No but. This one.” He clicked on the song.

The intro started, you get your feet up and took the mic. It’s your favourite song, how in the world you can miss it.

Ayo! GG! Yeah yeah sijakhae bolkka?

“Omo!” Baekhyun joined and started dancing.

Yae jom bwara yae museun iri isseotgillae meoril jallatdae? Eung?

“OMO!!”

****************************

“You cheated!” Ahgi put the air hockey stick on the game table. Getting angry by her opponent action and going straightly to him.

“Am not.” Kai stubbornly said and crossed his arms.

“You are!” Ahgi snapped back. “You couldn’t use your hand to throw the ball.”

“I did not!” He stepped closer to her and lifts his chins up.

“Yes you did. And you have to buy me a drink.” Ahgi replied by stepped closer to him and not wanting to loose, she lifts her chin too even though Kai was still a lot taller than her.

“We did promise for losers who pays the drink not cheaters. See you lose now, so you treat me a drink. I want chocolate milkshake.” Kai smiled in victory.

“Argh, you’re so annoying.” Ahgi groaned. Seeing that Kai smiled became wider, he had fun teasing her. Movin on from the game, they walked around to play another one.

Ahgi stopped in front of of some vending machine to take dolls and candy. The cute panda doll had getting her attention. Stepped in closer to it and didn’t leave a gaze. Kai knew exactly what to do next, to get her a doll.

“Which one do you want?” He stepped in front of her and put in the coins.

“Do you want to get it??” Her face become brightens, he could see her eyes sparkling in joy. “That one, the panda one!”

“As you wish, Madam.” He started to move the joystick and the tweezers inside started to move. Adjusting the position so it can take the doll acurrately. After the position is good enough, he tapped on the button and it begins to go down and clamp the doll. Thankfully, it hits perfectly on the panda’s body. Kai bent down to get the doll and took it from the hole from the machine.

“You’re welcome.” He said and give the doll to her.

“Thank you very much!” Ahgi beamed happily and hug the doll. “It’s so cute and fluffy. You know, I’ve tried this game for like milionth time but never succeded even just for once. But I think you’re good in this game, only in one try you could get the doll. You should’ve not play this game too often, or the arcade might get loss, because you took all the doll in it.”

“You talk a lot, aren’t you?” He chuckled hearing her blabbered about many stuffs.

“Sorry.” She grinned. “But anyway, thanks Kai.”

“Anytime.” He replied with small smile appeared on his face, slightly amused hearing his name being called.

******************************

“Ah, now my throat are sore.” You rubbed your neck as you had exited from the karaoke place. No wonder, you sang almost all of song started from Exo, SNSD, Super Junior, 2PM, Big Bang until Beast.

“You want me to buy you some drink?” Baekhyun suggested as he looked around to found the nearest mini market.

Then he found one, just right behind you two.

“Wait here for a moment. I’ll get you some.” He tapped slightly on your shoulder and left.

You nodded and bid a thanks to him. You waited there and lean back on the pole of the traffic light. You looked around, the street wasn’t as crowded as before. Then your gaze locked on the other side of the street.

Across there, you see a familiar figure, a couple to be exact. You thought it might be someone else. So, you narrowed your eyes to make your vision clearer. But it’s not someone else you thought it was.

Tao was right.

 There were Kris, with some girl clinging on the side of his arms.

Without much thinking you just stepped over to cross the street. You just want to prove the fact whether what you’ve seen is right or not. What you didn’t realize was that it’s not the time to crossing it, so there were a car in full speed heading to your direction.

“CHANYOUNG-AH!” Baekhyun shouted from your back. Before the car could hit you in anytime, Baekhyun pulled you quickly and you fell on the floor with you on top of him. Your gaze was still on him, who was now looking at your direction. He looked pretty surprised at the incident earlier.

He then straightly went across headed to you and Baekhyun, leaving the girl behind.

As you get up and cleaned yourself from the dust, you see Kris was already right beside you.

“What do you think you’re doing, idiot.” He fumed out and pulled your arm so that you turned to see him.

In reply you just keep quiet and relase your arm from his. Avoiding his gaze, you stepped back and went beside Baekhyun.

“Chanyoung, are you okay?” Baekhyun put his hand on your shoulder and scanned all over your body to see you were hurted or not.

“I’m fine, thanks.” You give assuring smile to him. He give a relieved sigh and put back his arm from your shoulder.

“Hyung, what are you doing here?” asked Baekhyun.

“Just hanging around.” He shrugged his shoulder, signing that he didn’t want to discuss it any further. “It’s already night, you two should go home now.” His leader instinct came out.

“Yes, we’re about to. Bye hyung!” Baekhyun grinned and took your arm to go.

Before you going, Kris pulled your arm and brought his face closer to you.

“I know exactly what you were thinking. And you must know, it’s not even your business.” He whispered to your ear. His breath tickling which made you shiver.

Somewhat, you grew angry from what he said earlier. He made you realized that you’re nothing but a stranger to him. You should’ve known earlier, it’s impossible a guy like him would care to a girl like you. Compared to the girl across the street, you were just a plain ordinary one. You didn’t wear any makeup or expensive dress, unlike her.

You pushed him aside and went to Baekhyun without saying goodbye to him.

Knowing that he made you upset, he regret what he had said earlier.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone, enjoy my 12th!

Also I added some side story of the friends. I'll add more for later on, if you don't mind :D

And sorry I always late on updating the chapter :(

Hope you like it! ^^