New Friends

I Change For You

 

Hi-yeum!!~

Now, to be honest, I wasn't planning on updating any of my stories for a few weeks simply for the fact that I am buried and I mean BURIED in end of the year assignments that are due in 2-3 weeks Dx

But I started writing this chapter and it flowed out of my fingers and appeared on my screen ^^: So... Yaaay! Thought I'd post it up now. We'll see if I can do the same for any of my other stories because I won't be able to for the next few weeks like I said ^^;

So... Enjoy!♥

Chapter 2: New Friends

Jonghyun’s P.O.V:

“Hya, Jonghyun-ah. Hya, how can you fall asleep the first class of your first day?? Aish… JONGHYUN!”

I quickly sat up in my seat and looked around with my half-lidded eyes. I turned to find Yo Seob pouting in my direction. With that face, he looked nothing close to my age.

“Why are you screaming during class?” I said frowning and rubbing my eyes awake.

“If you haven’t noticed, class is over. Even the teacher left. You’re going to be late for your next class at this rate.”

“What?!” I said standing up.

“Relax, you’ve got another class with me. She’s lenient, we’ll just explain that we were trying to find your locker and get you settled in.”

“Why didn’t you tell me that before I freaked out?” I said sighing as I grabbed my things and placed them inside my bag. “And how did you know my next class?” I said looking up at him.

“Your schedule, it fell on the floor while you were peacefully sleeping. So much for you catching up today. Come on; let’s go find your locker.” Yo Seob said with a smirk.

I chuckled once shaking my head at my new friend. “Alright, I’m ready here.”

“Let me see your schedule quick?” Yo Seob said sticking his hand to receive the paper from me.

I walked alongside him and quickly pulled out the paper from my pocket to hand him. He took with a quick thanks and glanced at it quickly before handing it back.

“Your locker’s on the second floor, so let’s head there on our way to class.” He smiled at me brightly when someone passed by waving at him happily and giving me a small smile. He turned and quickly waved back.

“That’s Dong Woon, one of our juniors; he hangs out with all of us during lunch so you’ll meet him soon.”

I nodded and sighed feeling relaxed. Everyone seemed pretty decent so far. We quickly ran up the stairs maneuvering our way through the large crowd as we did.

Yo Seob suddenly stopped in the middle of it and pointed to the locker in front of him. “This locker is yours. Number 15, can you remember that?”

I nodded, and stared at it for a second.

“…Are you going to open it?” Yo Seob said teasingly.

I snapped out of my weird trance and nodded feeling stupid. “Uh, yeah, let me just find the code…” I went through the paper quickly and entered the code as instructed on the paper. “38…14…08…” I mumbled to myself as I entered it the third time unsuccessfully.

Yo Seob watched me amused the first two times amused but seemed to quickly lose patience as he nudged me and entered the code himself. He looked at me sarcastically as he opened it on the first shot.

I rolled my eyes and smiled. “Thanks, could’ve done it myself though.”

“By the time you get, school will be starting again.” He said sticking out his tongue. I laughed and punched him playfully, quickly shoving all the things I didn’t need into the open locker.

“Alright, so what’s our next class?” I asked as he led me down the hall to our next class.

“Literature…” He said rolling his eyes.

“Really?” I asked excited.

He looked at me with a frown. “No… You like reading that stuff?”

“Yeah, I like Shakespeare especially.” I said smiling.

“Hmm, then you’re going to help me out! Onew doesn’t explain properly even though he’s really smart.” He pouted to himself thinking about it as I stopped in my tracks.

“Onew?” I repeated out loud.

He turned back and looked at me confused. “Yeah, well actually that’s his nickname; don’t ask me how he got it. Jinki is his actual name but he’s a grade higher than us. What’s wrong?”

I smiled happily. “Nah, nothing. Let’s get to class!” I said with more energy than I felt all day running past Yo Seob.

“Hya! Don’t run ahead! You don’t even know which class it is! Hya! You passed it!”
______________________________________________________________________

We sat in class a few minutes later, a smile still plastered on my face as I listened to the teacher speak. We weren’t doing anything fun though, just reading poems from a textbook and analyzing them. I was sharing a book with the student beside me who turned out to be Yo Seob’s best friend. His name was Ki Kwang if I wasn’t mistaken. He sat beside me staring at the book with glazed eyes clearly bored out of his mind, as a student read the poem out loud.

I watched as a piece of paper flew past me and hit Ki Kwang dead in the center of his forehead snapping him out of his dead state. He blinked and the glazed look quickly disappeared as he glared at the person who threw it.

I shifted my eyes from the book to look at Yo Seob who was sticking his tongue out at Ki Kwang.

“Aish, you see how childish he is? I wonder how I’m best friends with him…” He trailed off with a small smile on his face clearing showing his affection for the friend as he uncrumpled the paper to read it.

I looked down at the book again keeping myself from reading what was on the paper out of pure curiosity when Ki Kwang nudged me.

“This is for you too, don’t worry.” I nodded with a smile and glanced at the paper.

‘Doo Doo just texted asking where we’re meeting for spare next period, what do I say?’

I looked at it confused and unfolded my schedule to read it. Ah, I did have a spare. How’d this guy memorize my whole schedule? I shook it off and shrugged at Ki Kwang.

“Ah, that’s right you wouldn’t know the areas around here… Hmm, are you hungry?” Ki Kwang asked smiling at me.

I opened my mouth to answer no when my stomach grumbled loud enough for the whole class to turn and look at me.

“Ah Hungry Mr. Kim? Don’t worry; class will be over soon, Yo Seob, make sure to show him where the good places are to eat here.” She chuckled lightly as she motioned for a student to continue reading.

Ki Kwang chuckled from beside me as began writing on the paper. “I take that as a yes.” He wrote ‘FOOD SOURCE’ on the paper before throwing it back in the gap between Yo Seob and the chair as he leaned forward to write in his books. Ki Kwang chuckled lightly as he waited for Yo Seob to lean back and notice.

As expected, Yo Seob leaned back and jumped forward quickly as the unexpected paper startled him. He glared at Ki Kwang who gave him a victory sign and stuck his tongue back out.

Yo Seob quickly grabbed the paper and smoothed it out smiling and giving us a quick thumbs up before grabbing his phone and texting to… Doo Doo?
______________________________________________________________________

The rest of class was pretty uneventful as me and Ki Kwang started talking about each other. Apparently, they were both older than me. I couldn’t believe that for a while and I actually had to see Ki Kwang’s student card reading his birthday before finally accepting he was older. The bigger shock was that Yo Seob was months older than me.

Anyways, that wasn’t such a big deal, but it was fun to learn about my new friends. I also learned who Doo Doo was. Another senior in our school apparently, and who was Yo Seob’s special other. I had reacted less grandly than Ki Kwang had expected, and I explained to him I had no problem with them being a couple, which he had seemed thankful about.

I questioned him about Onew as well and he ended up questioning me about it more leaving me confused as to where to start. He had simply laughed and shook his head saying he’d rather leave me in suspense, assuring me that I would see him soon. I nodded accepting the answer but still anxious to see him.

When the bell rang I stood up quickly, much more awake than I had last class and put the few belongings I had and shoved them in my bag.

“Excited, are we?” KI Kwang asked with a smirk.

I glanced up at him as I slowed my pace and shook my head. “Not really, just got… energy.”

He chuckled nodding and began putting his own things away. Yo Seob on the other was done and now stood in front of our desks smiling brightly.

“Hya! Ki Kwang, you’re too slow! They’ll ditch us~” He whined but it was more cute than annoying. A fact supported by Ki Kwang’s smile and attempt at pinching Yo Seob’s cheek before his hand was smacked away by Yo Seob.

“Aishh, fine, you want to see Doo Joon, I get it. I’m ready; I just need to drop this off.”

He shook his head bouncing in place. “No, you go with Jonghyun; I’ll meet you guys at the front ok?”

“You aren’t coming with us?” Ki Kwang said pouting.

“No, you’re so slow Kiki. I’ll see you both in a few minutes!” He ran off without another word as we both listened to him run down the hall.

“Well, I guess it’s just you and me then. Come on, do you need to go to your locker too?” Ki Kwang asked.

“Nope, I have nothing at all.” I said looking at my empty hands.

“Appreciate it while you can, our textbooks seem insanely big and heavy for some reason. My locker’s on this floor so we don’t even need to walk far.”

I followed him down the hall, watching as he stopped a few lockers away from mine. “Where is your locker actually?” Ki Kwang asked curiously as he opened his locker quickly.

“Right here actually. “ I said as I knocked on my locker.

“Oh, cool! Good, because Yo Seob always ditches me during spare.” I laughed and nodded assuring him I wouldn’t ditch him.

I realized why Yo Seob said he took too long; he talked a lot, stopping to explain something with his hands each time. I didn’t mind though and smiled as we both talking naturally. Once he was finished putting his books away, we quickly headed downstairs, our pace much quicker than the one Yo Seob had kept us at earlier. I wondered what his rush was for a second before realizing he probably didn’t want to keep them waiting anymore.

We made it out the door of the school and walked towards a decently sized group of people, among which I could see Yo Seob within speaking excitedly.

“Ah, Ki Kwang, you’re here.” One of the guys who were facing in our direction said smiling in a way that was almost a smirk.

“Ye, sorry I took long. I talk too much.” He said rubbing the back of his head while smiling.

I smiled and bowed toward the group. “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Kim Jonghyun. Sorry to intrude.”

“Nah! Don’t be so formal! Yo Seob already told us about you. I’m Doo Joon.” He stuck out his hand to shake mine and I took it gratefully. “This is Hyun Seung, and that’s Jun Hyung. And just call him Jun Hyung, because he picked the most awkward name possible.”

“Hya, it’s a good name.” Jun Hyung said as he took a sip of his coke can.

I bowed to both of them and they smiled gently, Jun Hyung with the same smile/smirk that I understood to be his actual smile. Huh, it suited him; he had a kind of cool guy look to him. Hyun Seung on the other hand seemed… pretty? Yeah, I wonder if that bothers him. I mentally shrugged and followed along as we headed to the store to get snacks.

I bought myself a bunch of candy and some chips with a bottle of water. Quickly done with my selection, I paid and talking with the others as they chose their own things. Yo Seob had also chosen candy, a large lollipop to be exact, which seemed to match him. Doo Joon, who was at his side, picked out some gum and a much bigger bag of chips and paid for the both of them.

I scanned around as they both talked and watched as Ki Kwang picked out a bottle of water and followed beside Jun Hyung speaking to him excitedly as he picked out a bottle of coke and an ice cream.

“…really want to go, but it’s really far…” I heard the ending of Ki Kwang’s sentence as he pouted to Jun Hyung who listened quietly.

“I’ll give you a ride then, ok?” He said smiling gently – not smirking I noticed- towards Ki Kwang. He seemed to blush and nodded smiling toward Jun Hyung.

Jun Hyung simply patted his hand and took the bottle of water from his hands and paid for both their things as well. I looked away, realizing I was probably intruding on a private moment. I guess they were a couple too.

Yo Seob and Doo Joon Hyung –who I seemed to respect quickly- had walked away from me and I jumped surprised as Hyun Seung Hyung sighed beside me.

“Lonely huh?” He said patting my shoulder.

“H-huh?” I asked dumbly.

“You noticed that there are two couples here right? It doesn’t bother you?” He asked with a hint of surprise in his voice.

I shook my head and smiled. “Of course not, and not lonely…” I mumbled staring at my little bag that was full of candy.

“Do you have a significant other?” He asked curiously.

I shook my head. “No, I guess I’m not really interested in having a relationship right now…”

“Ah really? Hmm, well, don’t worry. With you here, I finally won’t be a fifth wheel!” He said chuckling.

I smiled laughing too and followed him out as they all beckoned us outside.
______________________________________________________________________

“Aren’t you hungry?” I asked Ki Kwang as we sat in the incredibly large cafeteria all talking.

He shook his head. “Nah, I don’t eat junk food.”

“He’s a health freak; he works out like crazy too.” Jun Hyung said smirking as Ki Kwang nudged him with a pout.

Jun Hyung casually put an arm around him drinking from his bottle of coke that was now almost finished. I guess he likes coke?

“At least I don’t drink coke 24/7,” Ki Kwang said smiling sweetly under his arm.

Jun Hyung didn’t bother to answer as he continued drinking and rolled his eyes.

“So… When’s lunch?” I asked as I felt my stomach complain again. I guess the chips and candy weren’t enough.

“After this,” Hyun Seung Hyung said glancing up at the clock. “We have about one minute actually.”

 I nodded and sprang up as the bell rung. “Is the food here any good?” I asked reaching in my bag to look for my wallet.

Doo Joon Hyung chuckled, “Good? It’s freaking awesome, actually people run down here to get in line since the line gets impossibly long fast. I recommend you go now.”

I nodded and headed towards where they had shown me where you get food was and waited for them to open the doors. I heard the sound of running feet as someone let out a cry and fell on me from behind.

I quickly caught my balance and managed to hold myself upright as the person stood up behind me. I turned and looked at the person surprised as they bowed several times.

“I am so so sorry! They’re serving chicken today and you know how long the line gets if we don’t hurry right? I tripped, I’m so sorry!” A smile slowly grew on my face as he finally stood straight and looked at me for the first time.

“…Jonghyun?!”

“Onew Hyung!”
______________________________________________________________________

Hey!~ It's Onew ^^ How does Jonghyun know Onew?!?! Only I know! Bwahahahaha xD

I'm sorry... Jongkey will be appearing soon... <.< MAYBE! LOL Ok, sorry I can't tell but ... .it is a JOngkey story... so... you know it'll be coming eventually ^^ I won't make you wait too much! But comment and suscribe and I'll be quicker!♥

Until my next rant,

Bye-yeum!~♥