Congrats Jinki!

Defender

I stood in line for quite some time at the academy, clothed in a baggy sweater and jeans.

 

"Lee Jinki?" I looked around for a bit, puffing my cheeks out while taking in the sights. "Lee Jinki?" the voice called again. I blinked and looked forward. "Lee Jinki?" the woman looked at me. 

 

"O-Oh! Y-yeah that's me." I smiled and followed her into the hall.

 

"Lee Jinki, fifteen years old." a man at a table looked up at me. 

 

"I-I will be singing today." I bowed quickly and looked at the man.

 

"Begin." I nodded and began the song. 'Mom' told me to do a song in English just to be safe. When I was finished the man wrote some things down and nodded. "You will hear within the week about our decision." I thanked him quickly and ran out. 

 

 

 

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

 

I was accepted into the academy and I attended happily. Surprisingly I adjusted to the new life style quickly but I worried every day about Illia. My search constantly had no results. 

 

"Jinki-yah! Jinki-yah!" I looked up from my desk and saw one of my new friends running towards me. "Oppa!" she lunged at me and jumped up on my lap.

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Big news!" 

 

"What's the big news?" I closed my book and looked at her.

 

"You're going to be a trainee!" she squealed.

 

"Wh-what?!" 

 

"I'm serious! They're doing auditions right now and teacher told me to get you! Come on!" she got up and pulled me from my seat.

 

"Yah, yah! Juri!" we sprinted out of the classroom and to the entertainment's main office.

 

"Lee Jinki!" someone called out my name. I looked up and almost fainted.

 

"Lee S-Sooman sshi!" I stuttered and bowed.

 

"I wanted to tell you personally that I want to cast you to be a trainee for my corporation."

 

"R-R-Really?" he nodded and handed me a thick packet.

 

"Schedules. Meet them, and you'll debut in no time." he smiled warmly and waved as he walked off.

 

"Congrats Jinki!" Juri hugged me tightly. 

 

"I...I gotta go home and tell my parents!" I laughed and rushed out the door towards the lobby.

 

"I'll disown you, son!" I stopped and saw a tall boy walking away from his father with a sour look on his face.

 

"I already model, what's the big deal?" the boy sneered.

 

"Don't think I approve of that either!" the man raised his fist.

 

"Abeoji, I'm doing what I want." the boy approached me and looked up. "Do I know you?" he asked softly.

 

"Uh...uh...uh..."

 

"Walk with me." he grabbed my arm and pulled me down the hall.

 

"I really gotta get going..."

 

"Shut up for a second, will you?" he dragged me to a quiet corner and stared me down. "What's your name?"

 

"Lee Jinki." I smiled and extended my hand.

 

"Your real name." 

 

"Who are you..." I lowered my tone and got my energy ready to wield my sword.

 

"I asked you first." he smirked.

 

"You...you're a Martian." I said quietly. He raised his hand and snapped his fingers, causing a small flame to ignite off his finger tips. 

 

"Seems I am." he nodded. "What's your name, Lumian."

 

"Onew."

 

"W-wait..." his grin faded. "Onew? Like Onew son of the great guardian?"

 

"None other than."

 

"So it's true then...your princess was kidnapped those years ago?" I nodded. "Oh I'm sorry. Jaspin." he grabbed my hand and shook it.  "But here...I'm Choi Minho. Sorry about that quarrel before. My father's a diplomat for Mars and I've kind of gone off the path but it seems you have too. I'm going to become a famous idol and get all the human girls." he nodded. I shook my head and laughed a bit. Was this kid crazy?

"Are you insane? Don't get involved with a human that way."

 

"But they're pretty." he grinned. 

 

"So are Martian girls!"

 

"Whatever. So why are you here anyway, huh?"

 

"I had a plan. I thought if I had enough publicity llia would recognize me and give me a sign or something."

 

"I see. Well good luck with that." he laughed and walked away.