Christmas Day Understanding

Backup Dancers Christmas



On Christmas Day I was really worried. No one back in Korea could tell me where the hell JongIn had disappeared to . We hadn’t spoken since the day the girls and I had left. But I would get word from the other dancers on how he was doing. But they hadn’t see the guys since the concert. The family was in the livingroom when the doorbell rang. I thought that it was just Shabina showing up as usual so I didn’t rush to open it. Manpreet had already opened the door and I rushed over when I saw her phone drop out of her hands. Once I was at the door I couldn’t help but scream for joy. I jumped onto JongIn who almost dropped me. This scared me since JongIn and Kai both were strong enough to carry someone over 300 pounds. I was only in the 100’s.

Manpreet had introduced the Zhuang’s and YiXing. I just had to inform our parents that he was Preet’s boyfriend. But she got me right back when I introduced JongIn. I don’t think I had ever seen my dad as silent as he was. I know that it was a shock but come on it wasn’t as if we were little kids anymore. Ok so I was 19 but really. My brother on the other hand seemed to be very curious about the 2 guys. He kept looking at them as if he knew them from somewhere. Once we were in the kitchen it seemed to click on where he had seen them. “Ya they are from EXO!” He shouted and we both tried not to laugh. “Oh you two have been really busy in Korea.”

“No actually we’ve been working.” we said and he eyed us as we brought tea and snacks out for the guests.

“So how did you two meet our girls?”  dad asked the two EXO dancers.

“I met Gurpreet in school.” Kai said with a small smile on his face. “She was a very head strong girl.” Oh yeah that was true. The first day we met I had put him in his place on how to treat me. Since he had never seen anyone of my race before he had been such as . Well not much had changed if you look at Kai. But JongIn was a big difference. “Now she works in the same company as I do.”

“Really? I know the she works with Preet. So you’re also an assistant.” my mother said and I could only look at Preet. She tried not to laugh. Mom already mistook Lay as a manger.

“Mom haven’t you already made this mistake with YiXing.” She said and I thanked her.

“So he’s a manager.” We both facepalmed.

“No mom he’s just like YiXing. He’s the lead dancer for EXO-K. I’m the lead backup dancer for the group. If you just listened and look at our rooms you would know that by now.” I said and stormed off.

“I’m sorry about that.” Dad had said and I could hear the Zhang’s say it was nothing.

“Actually I should be the one to apologize.” JongIn said and I stopped in my tracks. “Gurpreet and I have been at odds these past few weeks. My job gets in the way of many things. And the person I have to be while I work isn’t that caring when it comes down to it. She has put up with a lot. So I’m sorry that she’s been snappy since she had gotten back. I’ll speak with her properly and I hope she’ll be in a better mood after.” he said and I rushed to my room and closed the door behind me.

What in the world had that been. That was not JongIn at all. JongIn wasn’t that articulate when he spoke with people. He was just as bad as when SeHun lisps. That was Kai. How in the world and why in the world would Kai said something like that. He hated having to deal with situations like that. Just then the door to my room opened and closed. I was seated on my bed just looking at my hands. Kai just sat down in front of me with his back to me. “Why?” was all I could say.

“Because I finally understood that Kai and JongIn need to be the same person. That the more I become Kai the more I seemed to be pushing you away. And I can’t lose you because of that.” He said not moving to look at me. “Gurp we've been together for 2 years now. JongIn is shy and childish. Kai is strong and an . I needed to find a middle ground. And this is what came out of it. I pray that you can live with this me.” He said and I hugged him.

“I didn’t need you to change. I loved you the way you were. We just needed to talk things over. When you were away I learned that Kai and JongIn had to exist. It was the way you were. I learned I could live with that. That I wouldn’t have you any other way. But with what you said earlier. I can work with that as well. As long as you’re the one with me.” I said and I could feel him relax in my hug. He turned around and hugged me as well.

“Good because I’m not going anywhere without you from now on. I even spoke with the old man before the concert. He knows that I am not single anymore. That if you wants to kick me out of the group for it he would have to.” He said and I gasped.

“What were you thinking.”

“Let me finish.” He said and I held my tongue. “He said that was alright. That he already knew about many of the couplings that had occurred in our groups dynamics. He said that Tory had actually spoke to him about it the day she was removed from being the groups manager. That with her being gone he was to leave all the other girls alone. That the contracts about any of us dating were to be removed. That was the only condition she had for being able to be transferred with working with f(x).” We both laid down and just held onto each other.  “If she hadn’t done that SooMan said he would have had you removed the instant we started fighting more. But he also noticed that even with all the fighting I was still happy with you by my side.” He said and I hugged him tighter. “Gurp please not too tight.” I loosened my grip and gave him a sheepish smile.

“Sorry I forgot your back.” I said and then kissed him.

“Merry Christmas Gurpreet.” He mumbled into our kiss and I just smiled.