Trying to Avoid Problems

Backup Dancers Christmas

JongIn had cornered me after the show that they had did. “Gurpreet...” He said having both his arms on either side of my head while I leaned against the wall.

“JongIn...” I knew what he wanted to say. All the guys at this point had found out that all the girls were going to be going home for the holiday. “Look I know that we had plans on spending time together over the holiday but I can’t do anything about it now.” I said and he sighed. “So go and get changed we need to get you back to your dorm first then we have a flight to Taiwan later in the evening.” I said and walked under his arm and back into the dressing room before he could say anything else. I could see all the other girls look up to me when I walked in. I just shook my head and Kai came in after. And I knew it was Kai since JongIn would have thrown a fit for me walking away but Kai always acted like nothing was wrong. That was what Kai was. He was perfect. JongIn was the child, the one who acts out, who shows most of the emotions. It was hard to see him turn into Kai when he debuted.

I couldn’t even sit with him on the flight to Taiwan like we had planned the day before. Actually it was like that for all five of us going to Taiwan with the guys. “What are you thinking about Gurpreet?” Tory said since the two of us were seated beside each other.

“Nothing really.” I said but I knew she knew otherwize. But Tory isn’t one to pry further than that. She would wait for me to say something before she interferes. I turned my head to look at JongIn. He was seated beside KyungSoo sleeping. But I noticed he had a pained look on his face. “Unni?” I said and Tory sighed beside me. I turned and looked at her.

“He took a stumble earlier when we were getting their bags down to the van. You and the other dancers had already left the dorm.” She said and I opened my bag and took out some pain killers. I got out of my seat and went over to Kyung. He got up and went to sit by Tory. I sat down beside JongIn and he woke slightly.

“Here take this.” I said and opened my hand.

“Gurpreet you know that I get drowsy when I take those.” He said and I had to give a faint smile.

“It’s better than you being in pain.” I said and he took the meds. This was JongIn I was talking to. Kai would have downright refused the meds. This I can talk with for now. Once he downed the meds I sighed.

“I’m sorry for earlier.” He said now with his eyes closed.

“For what. We had plans. But I’m the one that won’t be able to fulfill them.

“But its not like you intended to break the plans. Anyway if you don’t want to go you don’t have to you know.” He said and I sighed.

“I wouldn’t go if I could. But he got all of us round trip tickets JongIn.” The look in his eyes changed again so I knew Kai was back into play. I sighed and got back up. “I’ll talk to JongIn later.” Kai looked at me as I walked away. If I had turned I would have seen a glimpse of hurt in his eyes.