75. Lost and Found

[Drabble Collection] One Hundred Kissɛs

A/N: I found your dog AU taken from this tumblr! ^^


It begins as a simple walk. Jongin doesn't think much about it as he has his three poodles, Jjanggu, Monggu, and Jjangah strapped to the conjoining leash in his hand. He doesn't even think twice before he exits the door of his apartment. He doesn't even blink as the straps of the leash tangles and he has to undo them in the elevator, going down to the first floor.

The grumbling in the faraway sky should have been a warning sign for him, but Jongin just tells himself they'll walk for a short while. Jjanggu and Monggu were getting a bit chubby, and if he didn't take them out to exercise every day; the vet had warned him about obesity.

The park is still filled with couples and children and the occasional flocks of grandmothers all walking by together, cooing at Jongin's three dogs. He sees kids playing with bubble guns and many couples enjoying the couple bikes, but Jongin doesn't focus too much on his surroundings. He briskly jogs with the three dogs leading him. His headphones drum a fast paced song into his ears as he picks up the pace.

He doesn't stop until he's at the other end of the rather large circle, admiring the fresh summer breeze and the clusters of fresh flowers. His dogs are restless, tangling themselves together over and over again until they're actually moving as a unit. When Jongin untangles them a second time, he feels his phone vibrating.

Nothing goes through his mind as he takes a seat at the nearby bench. Eunhyuk had called about needing some extra help at the dance studio. He holds firmly to the leash as the dogs tug further and further. Jjangah is the only one who stays nears him, circling his legs and then finally plopping down on the ground. Jongin makes a mental note to give her a bath.

Everything is so peaceful and he's in such a good mood that Jongin agrees to help out at the studio next week. Eunhyuk even offers a daily check and Jongin is thrilled. He's feeling great and the breeze is gently whipping at his face and the dogs are barking wildly...

Jongin stops and looks to Jjangah who has been barking non-stop under his legs. Then be looks to Monggu who's a few feet away, barking and tugging at his leash. Jjanggu is nowhere to be found.

Panic. It's all he feels as Jongin picks the pup up into his arms and then pulls Monggu back to his side. The leash has broken on the end of Jjanggu's line and Jongin doesn't see the dog anywhere. He searches the bushes and asks a few of the children. They don't seem to have witnessed any stray running dogs.

He's frantic now as he jogs back across the circle of the park and tires to make his eyes search everywhere all at once. Monggu trots beside him, barking every once in a while and Jjangah is so still that he almost forgets she's in his arms.

The rumbling of thunder draws nearer and nearer and the sun recedes into the dark grey clouds up ahead. Jongin draws a few quick breaths and keeps looking. Every person he passes, he asks about a stray poodle, but no one seems to know anything.

Soon he's running to the adjacent park, wondering how Jjanggu might have found the bridge crossing between the two sections of the park. Clouds draw nearer and Jongin is desperate. The three of them were his family, of course aside from his real family. He cherishes them from the depths of his heart and he couldn't imagine losing any one of them.

When he's sure that his legs can't keep up the pace anymore and that the rain is going to pour any minute, he sees the small sheltered benches just a few feet away. He plops into one of the benches, Monggu and Jjangah barking, and huffs the deepest sigh he's ever heard come from his own lungs. He feels the two dogs grazing around his legs and just as he looks up once more, he feels a tap on his shoulder.

The girl standing behind him is a little damp from the rain that's just started pouring and she's smiling brightly at him. Her long brown hair is starting to curl at the ends and her almost shaped eyes look into his expectantly. Jongin furrows his eyes a little because the girl is definitely too pretty. She's fair and beautiful and he's completely stunned by the fact that she's even looking at him at the moment, but as he takes in her slightly wet gray hoodie and the furry brown thing in her arms, he recognizes the matted coat and the shining dog tag.

"Jjanggu!" He shouts almost too enthusiastically. The girl is startled but hands the dog to him as he shoots up in his seat. Jjanggu at his chin the moment he's holding him to his chest.

"How did you know he was mine?" Jongin asks. The girl is still smiling at him, her pearly teeth throwing him off for a second again.

"I just saw your other poodles and you also seemed very frustrated. Your puppy is the sweetest, by the way."

Her eyes smile the way her lips do and Jongin finds himself following her movements as she pets Jjanggu. He nods at her words, belatedly processing them in his head.

"Thank you. I thought I had lost him for good. Thank you so much," he says. The girl is distractingly pretty as she bites her lower lip and accepts his gratitude.

"No problem. My day got better after this fella came wagging it's tail at me earlier. Jjanggu, right?" Jongin nods as the girl bends down to pet the other two who are crowding around her feet.

Jongin gently puts Jjanggu down on the ground and smiles as the dogs greet the girl with kisses and warmth. The three were always good with people, even children.

They spend the next twenty minutes under the shelter. Jongin learns that her name is Soojung and that she's actually studying becoming a vet at the same university he attends. He also finds out that she's been to one of the contemporary recitals and that she remembers seeing him there. Jongin is speechless as she compliments his dancing.

The rain lightens up as the clouds recede and the birds start singing once again. Soojung stands and so does Jongin. He can't quite look away from her as she shoulders her purse and turns to him.

"Give me a goodbye kiss."

Jongin freezes and his eyes shift to her quickly. But when he sees her bending down and petting each of his dogs, he relaxes. Then he mentally slaps himself. Stupid.

"I guess I'll see you around, then?" She asks. Jongin agrees and raises a hand as she walks in the opposite direction. He picks Jjanggu up and holds the pup close to him

"You are one lucky dog, my friend. Of course you would go find help from the prettiest girl ever and only get kisses for yourself. Maybe i should just lose you more often in hopes of more pretty girls finding you and returning you to me. Maybe then I can finally get a girlfriend," Jongin mutters to his dog. He can't believe he's being jealous of his dog. With a long, deep breath, Jongin just kisses Jjanggu's head, glad to have found him.

As Jongin drags his hyperactive dogs back to the house, he starts to wonder how hard it would be to ‘casually’ bump into Soojung on Monday. He smiles smugly to himself as he sees the scenarios playing out in the back of his mind.

 


 

Hey there fellas! I hope you guys didn't miss me too much? haha...ha..a..h....yea

Anyways, have you guys seen the Taekaistal photoshoot?!!?! OMGEEEEEE #ded
No, but literally I cannot stop staring at them!!!!! Taekaistal is like, the perfect threeway couple to write about. In fact...nevermind. So the drabble above is a little long to be a drabble and it doesn't really have a kiss in it...but it's okay, right? Also, I wrote down the three requests that I hadn't written before I deleted the chapters...but I forgot who sent them in so whomever sent in the one about Jongin and his puppies on a walk, here it is! I hope you liked it! :)

Finally, don't forget to comment and subscribe! ^0^