The Reason...

Our Blessed Christmas

 


 

CHAPTER 2

The Reason...

 


 

Seoul

S&Y Architecture Studio

08.00 AM

 

Yuri sighed as he looked at the ticking clock on his desk. Soonkyu was already home and here he was, still debating with himself in the office. He pressed his lips together and turned to see outside through the glass wall of the building, staring at the wide blue sky that was surrounding the city. He was wondering.

 

Where to stay tonight...?

 

His thought was suddenly dismissed by the ringing of his phone. He sighed and looked at the caller ID. It was Soonkyu.

 

"Yeah?"

 

“Yuri-ah, are you sure you going to stay there again?”

 

Yuri was hesitant but quickly answered. "Of course... are you home already?”

 

"Nah, I'm going to visit my sister first. I'm buying her meal now"

 

Yuri opened his mouth in knowing. Soonkyu had an older sister who just gave birth. “Ah, I see, get well soon for your sister.” Yuri said  while scrolling over his work. Actually there was no more work to do, he was just browsing over random news.

 

Soonkyu sighed. “Yeah thanks, I should be going now.  Take care, Yul. Just call me when you need anything.”  

 

Yeah, thanks. Take care for you too.” Yul said as he hang up. He then leaned back on to his chair and shut his eyes. It was really too much if he didn’t come home for christmas eve tonight. Since the huge fight with his wife happened, Yul didn’t even know if he still had the rights to come back home. Even though, he missed his daughters so much. Yul smiled widely when he thought about them. He wondered what they were doing right now. Were they waiting for him?

 

 


 

 

Soyeon was busy cleaning the kitchen. The kids were too excited when they made the cookies for their parents, thus, a huge mess. Aside from that, Soyeon was grateful of the kids. Even though, Yoona knew her parents were in a fight, she kept being cheerful and took care of her little sister very well. Soyeon sighed at this. Why kids could be hundred times better than the adults? She shook her head at the thought. She was mopping the floor when Krystal wobbly entered the kitchen and ran to her with a drawing paper in her tiny hands.

 

“Aunty! Aunty! Look! Me and Yoona eownnyie made this fowl daddy!”

 

“Oh God, Krystal, don’t run like that! The floor is wet now.” Soyeon hurriedly lowered herself and hugged the toddler. “What did you make for daddy?” She asked as she took a look at the paper. She couldn’t help but smiling on what she was looking. Four stickmen were drawn in different colour of crayons with a house and big christmas tree as the background. It was really colourful. There was a large hand writing on the top which read

 

‘Daddy, we are waiting for you in christmas eve! – Yoona and Krystal’

 

“This is mom and dad! This is me and Yoona eownni!” The toddler cheered on as she proudly pointed at the stickmen.

 

“This is really beautiful, sweety.” She couldn’t help herself from kissing Krystal’s tubby cheek. “Your dad must be love this.”

 

“Oh!” the toddler suddenly gasped as she remembered something. “We folgot to dlaw aunty and uncle!” she was surprised by herself as she shown her guilty face which made Soyeon wanted to pinch her cheek. She’s really adorable.

 

Soyeon chuckled. “You don’t need to, this is all beautiful.”

 

Krystal pouted and furiously shook her head. “Aunty must be in hele.” And before Soyeon could hold her, she already ran away to her sister. “Yoona eownieee! We should dlaw Soyeon aunty!”

 

Soyeon just chuckled at her remarks. Now she really wanted to smack Jessica and Yul for leaving the kids like this.

 


 

Seoul General Hospital

VVIP Room 15

 

Qri turned from her TV to see Soonkyu entering her room. The man closed the door and put two box of meal he bought on his way to the hospital. “Your order here.”

 

“Thanks...” Qri looked at him and motioned him to the chair beside her bed. “Sit here.”

 

Soonkyu idly obeyed as he walked to her and took the seat. Qri sighed as she turned the TV off and turned to him. “Mom called me, asking if you still remember your parents.” she said straightly to the point. "Or you never remembered at all? You got amnesia?" She knew she was being a bit sarcastic.

 

Soonkyu could only sigh at the topic his older sister brought up.

 

“Go home tomorrow, bring your family with you.”

 

Soonkyu signed her to stop by getting up from his seat. He had nothing to say anymore. He had it enough. “I should go home, my kids are waiting.” He said as he glanced at the christmas tree that was set on the corner of the room. “Have a nice christmas eve for your family.” He then walked to the door.

 

“No need to make this longer, Lee Soonkyu. He is your father. So please think about it again...” Qri sounded begging. But Soonkyu would never listen.

 

 


 

 

Jiyeon was seen walking through the hospital corridor with a small basket of fruit in her hands. She promised to accompany Qri again today. Also, she missed holding the baby girl again. She smiled at the thought as her steps going faster. She was about to reach the room when Soonkyu came out carrying a medium size paper bag. But he looked rather uncomfortable.

 

“Oh, oppa.”

 

Soonkyu looked up and lightly smiled to her. “Oh, Jiyeon-ah. You should be waiting for your husband at home.”

 

Jiyeon slightly pouted. “I know, I wouldn’t that long. How is Qri eonni?”

 

“She’s all good.” Soonkyu responded rather senseless. He then looked at his watch. “Ah, I should go home.”

 

“Ah, please give my kisses to the twins.”

 

Soonkyu smiled and raised a thumb for her. “Will do.”

 

Jiyeon chuckled as she waved to him. “Take care, oppa.”

 


 

“You need something, princess?”

 

Danee slightly shook her head as she didn’t bother to look at Taeyeon. The father and daughter were sitting on the bench at the hospital park. Taeyeon felt the need of fresh air for his little daughter.  Danee hadn’t be out from her room for a week. They usually walked the path with Taeyeon carefully dragging her wheelchair while telling her some stories and jokes. But today was different. Her father told something different today. It wasn’t about his childhood days or some random stories. Today was all about her mother. A story she never knew before. A story that choked her. A story that kept her being silent after listening to it. Taeyeon sighed as he moved closer and carefully reached her shoulder. He knew the consequences, but he had his reason.

 

“Do you want to get inside?” he asked as he stood up and prepared her wheelchair.

 

“Not so fast, Mr. Kim!”

 

Both Taeyeon and Danee looked up at the voice and saw Soonkyu walking toward them with his usual wide smile.

 

“Uncle!”

 

Soonkyu chuckled as he gently patted Danee’s cheek then waved a paper bag in front of her. “Your favourite double cheese burger.”

 

“Hey! Don’t give my daughter junkfood!” Taeyeon alarmed as he quickly grabbed the paper bag. Soonkyu scrunched his face and turned back to Danee. “Having a nutritionist father is a pain in the , right?”

 

“Hey! Having an architect father is not healthy at all.” Taeyeon scoffed causing Danee giggled. Always enjoy watching the two men bickering.

 

"You should blame Tiffany. Your daughter inherited her junk food cravings."

 

"Yah, I told her many times, okay?" the men laughed while Danee just simpered. The mention of her mother somehow making the little girl wanting to see her again sooner. She didn't understand her feeling.

 

“Oh, I should go home really fast now, I will see you later, guys. Have a nice christmas eve, Mr. Kim.” Soonkyu gave Taeyeon a brotherly hug then went over to steal a kiss on Danee’s cheek. “And you too my pretty niece. Get well soon.”

 


 

“Hey...”

 

Yuri looked up from his monitor and was surprised to see Soyeon walking in to his office. “Oh, noona...”

 

“I called Soonkyu and he said you’re probably still at the office so I came here to prove it myself...” Soyeon said as she looked at the guy and let out a sigh. “You don’t have a life, really.” She said as she put down a lunch box and a small envelope on to his desk.

 

“Come home tonight, Yuri-ah.”

 

Yuri didn’t know how to answer as he eyed both the box and the tiny envelope. “What is this?”

 

“The kids made you brunch. You should thank them later. By the way, Sica would be in Korea about 8 so you better fetch her with the kids.” Soyeon said as she looked at her watch. She didn’t want to have a chit chat with him. She didn’t have the time. “The kids are waiting, now I should go back home. We are waiting for you, Yul.”

 

“Noona, I—”

 

“Kwon Yuri.” Soyeon sternly cut him off. “The kids are waiting for you, and I’d like to hear your main reason for not going home.”

 

Yuri was still looking down at the envelope.

 

“Are you divorced already?” Soyeon reluctantly asked as she looked around the office room.

 

Yuri sighed as he shook his head. “No we aren’t.”

 

“So what’s the problem?” Yuri went silent again which made Soyeon exhaled a long sigh. “Yuri, it’s not that hard. It’s just you who made everything hard.” She looked again at him who was still doubtful to even make a word. “Okay, I’m going home. Have your time to think.” She said as she forcefully pulled his arm and literally placed the envelope on to his hand.

 

“But I will smack you on the head if you didn’t come.”

 


 

Jiyeon was having her time dreamily looking at the sleeping baby girl in her arms. Qri looked at the young women with a faint smile. Jiyeon always looked content whenever she had her time with childern and babies. But somehow Qri could see Jiyeon wasn’t all happy today. She was guessing the reason even though she was already know what was disturbing her sister in law.  

 

“Jiyeon-ah, wanna have lunch here with me?”

 

Jiyeon turned to her and slightly smiled. “I don’t mind with it.”

 

Yes, Qri knew it.

 


 

Soonkyu was driving home with the babbling radio car accompanying him. A discussion of Christmas eve was held between the announcers.

 

“Wowowow, We should get this quick and going home to set the christmas tree.”

 

“Oh I don’t need to do that. My parents already did it for me. Haha!”

 

“Are you going to your hometown this year?”

 

“Of course! My kids can’t wait to spend their christmas with their grandparents, but because of my schedules, they can’t make it fast.”

 

“I’m sorry to hear that, but we shouldn’t complaining about schedule on air, dear.”

 

The announcers laughed. Soonkyu was getting more irritated and immediately turned off the radio. He sighed as he remembered what Hyomin said in their room before her flight to London.

 

“Once I get back to Korea, we should go to your hometown for christmas.”

 

Soonkyu blinked when his phone rang. He sighed and picked up the call. “Yes?”

 

“Dad! Are you done with Aunty? Now we need ladder to set the ornaments on the tree!”  the voice of a little boy shouting on the other line. Soonkyu chuckled.

 

“Hang on son, I’m on my way home.”

 

Probably he shouldn’t think of anything else for now.

 

Because he knew the reason.

 


 

To Be Continued

 


 

MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS!!!

a friend said that I should update this only every christmas lol so see you on another 25th December in 2014?

Nah, I'm just back lol I guess, see you on 25th December 2021?