Chapter 2

Ex Imperium: Exemption

 

Lee Inna and Xi Luhan – Inna’s Photography Studio at 10.55 p.m.

It was near eleven pm, and Luhan was getting his hair styled and his face was touched up. Inna glanced at the clock, before turning her attention back to the computer screen.

“This one is perfect, we could use it as the cover,” Danial, Luhan’s manager told. Inna nodded her head and picked up her camera.

“This would be the last session,” Inna said and Luhan went on the stage. The staffs took care of the lightening and Inna brought the camera to her eye. She snapped a few shots, praising Luhan’s naturalness and giving him some instructions. When they were done, they headed back to the monitor and the manager and Luhan nodded in approval at the pictures.

“Wait, give me a second,” Danial said, answering his phone, before walking away.

“Alright, we’re done. You guys can pack up now, it’s already late,” Inna told and the staffs packed up. Luhan was still sitting in front of the monitor and Inna raised her eyebrow when he printed one of the shots. “What’re you doing?” She asked and Luhan gave her a sweet smile.

“Thought you could hang it later,” Luhan said as he signed the photo and Inna laughed. Inna wasn’t one who smiled and laughed a lot, but Luhan has the aura to brighten up people’s life.

“Thank you. That’ll attract your fans,” Inna said gratefully. The staffs left one by one, and Luhan waited patiently for his manager.

 “Jiejie, do you have a boyfriend?” Luhan asked out of boredom. That question made Inna froze. “I’m sorry, were you uncomfortable?” Luhan apologized politely and Inna brushed it off.

“Yes, I had one. We were in a serious relationship, three years, was it?” Inna said, more to herself than to Luhan. “He joined this…organization. STA organization, it’s sort of like SWAT or army,” Inna added when she saw Luhan’s confused face.

“Oh, so I guess you can’t bear the feeling of knowing he would be in danger?” Luhan asked and Inna forced a smile.

“Yes, something like that,” she said and Luhan nodded. “What about you? You must have lots of girlfriends, right?” Inna asked and Luhan laughed, although it didn’t reach his doe eyes.

“I have to break up with her, ever since I become much popular. She…she thought I cheated on her. It ,” Luhan sighed and Inna patted his back.

“Don’t worry, my grandmother once said about the red string-” Inna said and Luhan laughed at the mention of the old tale.

“Jiejie, I didn’t know you believe in that kind of story,” Luhan said teasingly.

“Hey, what’s wrong with that?” Inna shot him a glare playfully. A loud scream interrupted their conversation, and both Luhan and Inna glanced at each other worriedly.

“!” Danial cursed, and slammed the door shut.

“What’s wrong?” Inna asked at the frightened and panic manager.

“I-I think…No-no, I don’t-I don't know what I saw. I-oh God, was that a-a zombie?” Danial muttered, shaking his head.

“A zombie? What are you-” Luhan’s question was cut off with something hitting the window, making the glass shattered. The three humans ducked under the table, seeking for cover. There was a small cut on Luhan’s pretty face, and Inna tried to calm herself from the shock. 

“Oh my God,” she muttered under her breath when she took a peak. A group of zombies were making their way to the studio.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~

Alpha Team – H02 [Siwon, Eunhyuk, Zhoumi, Henry, Leeteuk]

The helicopter landed on BMC Inc. where there were twenty six survivors who were already waiting for help. Siwon and Leeteuk hopped down from the chopper and Siwon instructed the survivors to form two lines.

“Is there any survivor in the building?” Eunhyuk asked and Yeonjin, who was their support, replied from the ELF Tower.

“They are five more at the lowest ground. It seemed like they are trapped.” Yeonjin replied and Eunhyuk turned to Siwon.

“Henry and Zhoumi will go down with the chopper. Make sure you’re armed.” Siwon instructed and the chopper left with Henry and Zhoumi. Leeteuk and Siwon were checking each of the survivors, to ensure that they were not infected while Eunhyuk guarded them.

“Siwon, this one is bitten.” Leeteuk said and Siwon went to the older man who was checking up on a woman in her mid-twenties, the last survivor. The woman glanced at the two men, scared.

“Is it too late?” Siwon asked and Leeteuk stayed quiet as he retrieved the woman’s blood, and scanned her blood.

“It is.” Leeteuk announced. The woman was already having a hard time in breathing and was having a coughing fit. Trickles of sweats were forming at her forehead.

“She needed to be saved.” Siwon muttered. “Eunhyuk, give me the antidote!”

“It’s too late, Siwon.” Leeteuk said sharply and pulled out his gun, pointing the mouth at the woman’s temple. She whimpered in fear and Siwon frowned, slapping Leeteuk’s hand so the gun would be away from the woman.

“Are you out of your mind? A good amount of antidote would do. I may not be a doctor but I can use my head to think logically.” Siwon scowled and Leeteuk rolled his eyes.

“I am thinking logically. I can’t have her in the same chopper as mine. She’s a threat to the other twenty five survivors and us. One goes down doesn’t mean anything.” Leeteuk said and Eunhyuk handed Siwon the antidote.

“Everyone’s life matters.” Siwon said and injected the woman with the antidote. “Shh, it’s going to be okay.” Siwon comforted and gave the woman another injection.

“The chopper’s here.” Eunhyuk announced. “This way!” He shouted and directed the survivors into the helicopter.

“She’s changing. It’s too late. You’re wasting the antidote!” Leeteuk hissed and snatched the antidote from Siwon’s hand and packed up the kit. The woman coughed out blood and collapsed to the ground.

“Miss, miss, please wake up!” Siwon said hurriedly, slapping the woman’s cheek softly.

“Siwon, listen to me and get away from her.” Leeteuk said sternly, as he prepared his gun.

“You can’t just kill her.” Siwon said frantically. How can Leeteuk acted so nonchalant to a human’s life? Siwon wouldn’t let him. It was his job to save everyone’s life. The woman woke up and growled, lunging at him, catching him off guard. She choked him and tried to pull him toward her. Siwon did his best to restrain the woman, and using all of his strength, he tugged the woman’s hands away. Leeteuk pulled the trigger and the bullet went through the woman’s temple, saving Siwon and killing the woman. Siwon’s eyes widened in horror and glared at Leeteuk accusingly.

“You’re welcome.” Leeteuk said snidely and carried the med kit back to the chopper. Siwon crossed himself at the sight of the dead woman and ran to the chopper.

“Three survivors were killed. They are twenty eight survivors heading to the ELF Tower.” Eunhyuk reported to Yeonjin.

“Roger that,” Yeonjin replied and Eunhyuk stepped into the helicopter, and it made its way to the landmark of Ling Zhen. When the chopper arrived at the ELF Tower, Shindong and Ryeowook helped the survivors got off the chopper.

“Those who need medical treatments, go over there!” Yeonjin shouted as she ran to the group of survivors. “Over there, mister,” she told one of the survivors, directing him to Taeyeon and Seohyun.

“Yeonjin!” Eunhyuk called as he got off the chopper.

“Eunhyuk ssi, are you hurt?” Yeonjin asked worriedly.

“I’m fine, this little mochi is hurt though,” he said as he helped Henry walked. Henry groaned at the nickname but said nothing.

“Sit him here,” Yeonjin said already opening her med kit.

“Status?” Siwon asked her, as he reached for a bottle of water.

“We’re twenty per cent to completion of the mission,” Yeonjin said and Siwon nodded firmly.

“Alright, Henry, you can stay here and I’ll bring Shindong with me,” Siwon offered and Henry was reluctant but nodded. His injured ankle would only trouble the team. Eunhyuk watched as Yeonjin treated Henry, and his lips formed a small smile.

“Alright, where to?” Shindong asked once he has loaded the chopper with firearms.

“We’ll go to help the Bravo Team at the university and we’ll head to college,” Zhoumi told.

“Are you all ready?” Siwon asked and was replied with a firm ‘yes, sir’. “Leeteuk?”

“The antidotes are ready,” he said as he carried two briefcases with him.

“Alright, stay safe,” Siwon told the remaining agents and entered the chopper. Eunhyuk spared a glance at Yeonjin and sighed. He had to leave now.

“Be safe, Yeonjin ah,” Eunhyuk told her awkwardly and she nodded.

“You too, make sure your guns are loaded,” Yeonjin said, and Eunhyuk flashed her one of his gummy smiles.

“I’ll be back,” he promised, before stepping into the chopper.

“I’ll hold onto your words,” Yeonjin said with a sigh, hoping she would get to see him again.

~*~*~*~**~*~***~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Alpha Team – H03 [Yesung, Kangin, Kibum]

“The Bravo Team is here.” Kibum said as five more helicopters were coming toward the hospital rooftop.

“Good, tell them not to allow everyone into the helicopter unless they are uninfected.” Yesung told Kibum as he checked the man’s pupil. Kibum contacted the Bravo Team and delivered the instruction. A shriek from a little girl distracted Yesung’s attention from the man and he and Kangin ran to the girl. The girl’s neck was being mauled by a man and Kangin shot him down.

“Give me the damn kit!” Yesung yelled as he pulled out his coat and pressed it on the little girl’s wound. He injected the antivirus and another serum to accelerate the girl’s healing.

“Behind you!” Kangin roared at a few nurses who stood near the door. The zombies that were coming from behind them had attacked the three nurses and the patients, doctors and nurses scattered away from the approaching zombies. The Bravo Team arrived and the survivors dashed to the helicopters while the STA men got down from the chopper and helped Kangin killed the zombies.

“Here,” Yesung handed the little girl to Kibum carefully and the younger man rushed to the chopper. Yesung tried to save as many survivors as he can, and once he made sure the antivirus was working, the STA will carry them to the chopper.

“All the zombies are down.” Kangin said and Yesung went over the people which was covered in blood, trying to distinguish zombies and injured survivors. It was risky and Kangin and another STA member walked closely behind Yesung.

“There are seven more survivors at the twelfth floor. They are using the emergency exit!” Kibum yelled, trying to fight the sound of the choppers’ blades. The STA members dashed into the hospital bravely to rescue the survivors.

“Kill him,” Yesung murmured as he placed the survivor that was having a coughing fit. Kangin pulled the trigger, ending the man’s suffering. “This is the last one,” Yesung said and Kangin carried the woman in bridal style and sent her to the chopper.

“You can go.” Kangin told the STA agent and the chopper left to ELF Tower.

“Where are they?” Yesung asked Kibum who was looking at his laptop’s screen intently.

“They are on the fourteenth floor, the survivors were rescued.” Kibum mumbled before his eyes widened in fear. “No, no, no, no.” He muttered frantically. “Don’t open the door!” he yelled at his codec but it was too late. They had opened the door, and being mauled by a group of zombies.

“It’s too late. They are all dead.” Kibum said solemnly and turned to Kangin.

“Let’s go.” Kangin said and the three men climbed on the chopper, trying to save more survivors.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

School has started, and there are so much to learn and adapt, >< thank you to those who applied!

Anyone wants dear Lulu as love interest?

Needs more application, the more the merrier! Suju Donghae, Heechul, Yesung, and Eunhyuk and lovely Miss A Jia are taken.

Please drop some comments! I think you can see the contrast between Leeteuk and Yesung; both are virologists of The Organization. What are your thoughts about it? ^^ Hope you enjoyed it :3

Photos aren't mine :)