Chapter 1

Ex Imperium: Exemption

 

Jinwoon and Min

Just yesterday she was mocking one of her classmates, Jinwoon for talking about zombie apocalypse. Now Min was killing them alongside Jinwoon in order to survive. Jinwoon swung the baseball bat at the zombie’s head and dashed into the gym.

“Did you hear that?” Min asked him and he listened. The sound of helicopter’s blades slashing the air could be heard from the gym.

“Help. Let’s go to the rooftop.” Jinwoon said and Min nodded, picking up her own baseball bat. The school’s light had gone off an hour ago, every day at 10.30 p.m. But it was again by whom they assumed other survivors. The sound of microphone caught the duo attention.

“He-hello?” A girl’s voice bloomed through the speakers. “If you can-if you can hear me, g-go to the rooftop. I saw a chopper flying around the school compound. Be careful. I hope we survive this.” With that, the speaker went dead.

“Let’s go.” Jinwoon said and he opened the door that led to the other room carefully. The school has five floors and they were currently at the lowest floor. They need to go to the rooftop, alive, without being bitten. Great.

~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*

Sasha

Sasha refreshed her blog again and again, her eyes were fixed at the “No comments” sentence. Of course, who would visit her blog at this kind of time? She sighed. She lived in a luxury apartment at the sixth floor. Not too low, not too high. She wondered if the zombies can use their brain to use elevators or they just randomly attack whoever comes into their visions.

The sound of helicopters pulled her out from her thoughts and she dashed to the windows. Help. She grinned instantly. Now she needed to find something to attract them.

“The lanterns!” She blurted out and laughed. “You’re so clever Sasha Yu.” She praised herself as she ran to her room. They just celebrated Moon Festival two weeks ago and she has spare lanterns. She lit up the lantern one by one and released them into the air.

“Come on…” She whispered and saw one of the helicopters made its way to her.

“Yes!” She jumped in victory.

“Miss, have you been bitten?” The man in the helicopter asked as soon as it was close to her veranda.

“No sir,” Sasha said and the man stretched his arm to her which she gladly took.

“We’ve retrieved a survivor, over.” Sasha heard one of the men said.

“Listen, kid. We have cleared the ELF Tower and it will be your sanctuary for the time being. We’ll have to find and save all the survivors and we’ll take you out of China.” One of the men said and Sasha nodded.

“There, other survivors.” The helicopter made its way to another house and later, Sasha was joined with two other girls. The man explained to the two girls what he had explained to Sasha and the two girls nodded.

“I’m impressed that you three still stay calm.” The man at the front said with a grin.

“That’s because we haven’t met any zombies. And we hope we won’t.” One of the girls said. Her brown hair was damped and she was wearing a pink nightgown. “I’m Mei Ying and this is my sister, Mei Lian.” Mei Ying added.

“Sasha Yu.” Sasha said.

“Alright girls, we’re here. That’s Shindong and Ryeowook. They’ll take care of you.” The man said and the girls rushed out of the helicopter, into the sanctuary. Turned out the sanctuary wasn’t that safe after all.

~*~**~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~**~*

Alpha Team – H01 [Heechul, Hankyung, Donghae, Sungmin, Kyuhyun]

The helicopter landed safely on the rooftop of the school and Donghae led his men into the school, searching for survivors with Heechul following behind.

“Captain, we are losing contact with H03.” Kyuhyun said and Hankyung frowned. Kyuhyun was frantically typing the keys, trying his best to contact with the other teams.

“Kyuhyun?” A female voice instead of Ryeowook’s was transmitted into his codec.

“Yenah?” Kyuhyun frowned but was relieved to hear her voice.

“I’m glad you’re okay. There are approximated to be less than 10 people that are still uninfected by the virus in the building you’re on. Over 97% of the netizens has been infected. We will have at least 200 survivors. Charlie Team will arrive as soon as all survivors are saved.”

“Can you locate the survivors?” Hankyung asked.

“Certainly. I’ll tell you your next location.”

“Have you gotten to the bottom of this?” Hankyung asked.

“We’re working on it. I couldn’t get in touch with H03-”

“We neither. I want you to-“ Kyuhyun couldn’t finish his sentence as the door slammed opened and a group of zombies stumbled on their steps and walked straight to them.

“Shoot them in the head. It would stop their brains from sending nerve impulses to their body.” Yenah told and upon hearing it, Hankyung and Sungmin fired the zombies in the heads.

“They are three survivors, uninfected, heading to the rooftop.” Yenah said.

“Sungmin!” Hankyung called as he kicked the zombie in the head.

“Roger!” Sungmin entered the door and fired all the infected in the heads. He reloaded his rifle and was caught off guard when one of the zombies appeared out of nowhere next to him. He let out a grunt as he hit it with the back of his rifle and shot it in the head.

“Where are the survivors?” Sungmin asked to his codec.

“They are in the second room to your right. The infected are coming on your way.” Yenah said and Sungmin cursed under his breath, as he made his way to the survivors.

~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~~**~*~
Jia and Fei

“Hey, open up! We’re still not bitten!” Fei called out, banging her fist on the door.

“How can I trust you?” A girl’s voice asked back.

“Damn it, just open the damn door!” Jia yelled as she saw the zombies were approaching them.

“Whoever you are, open the door! I told you we’re still humans!” Fei yelled, frustrated.

“Let’s go the other way,” Jia muttered and froze when she saw another group of zombies were coming toward them from the other way.

“Ah, . We’re going to die.” Fei muttered. “Open this door!” Fei desperately turned the doorknob but the scared girl inside the room wasn’t going to open the door for them.

“Jia,” Fei suddenly said.

“What?”

“I’ve always been jealous with your dancing skills.” Fei confessed.

“I don’t think this is the right time, Fei…” Jia said clutching her friend’s wrist.

“And I was the one who canceled your name as the dance participant.” Fei said in one breath and Jia’s eyes widened.

“You did what?” Jia asked.

“I’m sorry alright?” Fei said desperately and Jia shook her head.

“I don’t think it matters now.” Jia said and glanced at the zombies that were just a meter away from them.

“Open this door!” Jia yelled, banging the door loudly. A piercing scream was heard from inside the room.

“Are you alright?” Fei yelled, knocking the door.

“Fei!” Jia called hurriedly as she threw her hand fan to the zombie’s head. It didn’t stop it from striding to them in a slow pace. They were cornered and were going to die soon. But the girls were determined, although it was a gruesome thought of being eaten by the zombies, they would fight to survive.

“Jia,” Fei said and the two girls shared a look. Jia nodded and Fei took a hold of Jia’s upper arm and using all her strength, she swung her friend to the side, Jia’s leg hitting the zombies in the head.

“Thank God I’m still wearing the heels.” Jia muttered and groaned, disgusted at her heels that were dirtied with the zombies’ flesh and blood. Fei kicked one of the zombies square in the chest sending them tumbling like dominos but they got back up, as determined as the girls to eat their warm flesh.

“Get down!” A man’s voice yelled and both Jia and Fei got down to the floors at instant. Their hands cupped their ears at the loud fires coming from the men. It went on for about 30 seconds and then it stopped.

“Are you alright?” The man asked as he walked to them.

“Yeah.” Jia said, relieved. They were wearing gears and have letters S.T.A. on their backs.

“Still not bitten?” The man asked again and the two shook their heads.

“Alright, let’s get moving.”

“Wait, there’s another girl inside the room.” Fei said and Jia rolled her eyes. She’s still mad at the girl for not opening the door.

“But she’s not opening the door.” Jia grumbled and the man knocked the door. The man kicked the door opened and a zombie lunged at him, making Fei who was just beside the man screamed. Jia used her flexibility and kicked the zombie hard in the face before it can bite the man.

“Thanks, but I got it.” The man said arrogantly making Jia fumed inside.

“She’s dead.” Fei murmured as she saw the student’s bloodied body, her stomach was opened and her arm was lying a few feet from her. Fei shuddered at the sight. The man shot the girl’s head to make sure she won’t wake up as one of the zombies.

“Well, let’s get moving.” The man said and the two girls followed closely behind him.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

So they aren’t many applicants but it’s alright. Those who applied will appear shortly. So far, the zombies are easy to be defeated, no? Well, let’s see what happen if you don’t have the rifles and light.

Showering the loves to Miss A. I wonder where’s Suzy? Huh? She’s the girl in the room? JK

Heechul has Jia as the love interest. The other girls of Miss A are available.

And Yenah is kyjinky's property, from this story. Thank you for letting me borrow her, unnie~