Coffee Date

"Studying" Abroad

“How about the café right outside the campus garden?”

“That’s perfect, we’re near there.” You hung up and started walking in the direction of the café.  During the whole walk you were tempted to call your phone and get his number in your phone memory.  You didn’t though; you knew it would be an inconvenience to your oppa and that he would have to change his number because of privacy reasons.

You made it to the café and saw a guy sitting there wearing a hat, sunglasses, and long coat.  He looked up and saw you and waved you to him. “Hi, I’m the guy with your phone.” He smiled a killer smile as he laughed at his foolishness. 

You felt your heart tighten as you looked at him. Up close he was even better looking than before; if that was even possible. Your friend had to elbow you to get you to snap out of your thoughts. “It’s fine, you realized it quickly so it’s all good.”

“You’re such and understanding girl, and really pretty too. I think I got lucky today!” You felt your face redden as he said that. “Would you two like to join me for a coffee? I’d like to make up for my mistake and I think coffee date with SHINee’s Jonghyun might do it!” There was that smile again! >.< you just couldn’t take it.

“Oh!” You heard your friend yell out of nowhere, “I would love to join you but I have to get back to the dorm and get the room set up.”

You looked at her in disbelief. ‘Since when are you so organized??’ you asked in your head. “Can’t that wait till later?”

“Nope you know me I hate clutter I’ll just go and get it set up and you can stay here and have coffee. I’m not a big caffeine person anyways haha.” She ran off and left you there with Jonghyun.  You turned back to him and began to laugh awkwardly. 

“I’m really sorry about her. She just tends to be really random.”

“It’s fine, it gives me a chance to get to know you” He winked and chuckled at your nervous face. 

You sat down with him and after 3 hours passed by he got a call telling him to meet the others at the studio. He was reluctant to leave but with a last long look at you he waved goodbye and walked to where the company van was waiting for him. 

When you got back to your dorm you kept thinking about your “date” with him.  You connected so well. You talked about his music, about your studies, about so much.  As you plopped down on your bed you saw that _______ was knocked out on her bed and almost falling off the edge.  You laid down and just as you closed your eyes your phone buzzed, signaling a text. 

“Hey it’s Jong J I know we just got to know each other but I’m free tomorrow.  Do you want to see a movie?”

“OMOMOMOMOMOMOMO!!!” You shrieked so loud that ______ fell off her bed from the fright. 

“OW! What the heck?” she rubbed her head as she lifted herself back up onto the bed.

“Omo sorry, it’s just that JONGHYUN ASKED ME TO GO TO THE MOVIES!!” Her eyes turned to saucers and her jaw dropped to the floor.  You were going on a date with your bias; your dream guy!