Chapter 1

We Are KARA!

Kang Jiyoung, first year student will finally be attending her dream school, Daesung High School. She is full of hope and excitement as she walks up the pavement leading to the front gates of Daesung High School. She is practically skipping up the steep slope, while carrying a guitar case, all the while grinning foolishly by herself. She had made plans of what she wanted to do when she attends the school over the winter.

 

~~~~~


Just when Jiyoung was happily thinking of her plans, she accidentally bump into someone in front of her.

"Ah, Mianhaeyo" Jiyoung apologised.

"It's okay" the girl replied in English.

"Oops, I mean Kwenchana" the girl said in Korean, in a foreign accent.

The two girls then continue their way to the school separately.

 

~~~~~


At the assembly, most of the students have already gathered and were busy chatting and catching up on stuff that happened over the winter break. Jiyoung hurried over to the notice board in front of the assembly hall and checked her class allocation.

In front of the notice board, the girl she had earlier bumped into was also standing there, looking lost and confused. Recalling the foreign accent the girl previously spoke in, Jiyoung approached the girl."Hi, you are new here too?" 

"Yes, I just transferred here from America. So I am not sure what to do" the girl sighed.

"Oh, you have to check the class you are allocated to at the notice board, then proceed into the assembly hall and sit with your class"

"Oh, thank you very much for your help. I'm Nicole" Nicole introduced herself and offer her hand.

"I'm Jiyoung" Jiyoung said and accepted the handshake.

Together they went to find their class.

"I'm in class 1-6" Jiyoung informed Nicole.

"I'm in class 2-1" 

"You are a second year student? It must be hard transferring here in the middle of high school. I heard the transfer examinations are extremely hard"

"Well, I had to work extremely hard to pass the examinations, as my family recently relocated to Seoul"

The girls chatted their way into the assembly hall and bade farewell to join their respective classes.

 

~~~~~


Jiyoung attended the orientation ceremony with the rest of the first year students. Although she was dozing off during the Principal long speech, she perked up at the mention of club activities. However, to her dismay, she found out that the Music Club she had intended to join has closed down. 

Just when she was worrying about her plans, the student council president announced some information that sparked her interest."The school allow students to form a club if there are 3 or more members in the club"

A grin appeared on Jiyoung face as she starts to formulate a new plan.