Chapter Seven: 1/2

| Unfortunate Ones |

 

so i've managed the chapters to go in  chronological order,

but just an extra tip; Jinki/Jonghyun are curruntly  eighteen, please don't PM me about this.

Ages only change according to the capitals at the start of every chapter.

If there aren't any numbers, it's probably a flashback.


 

O N E  Y E A R   E A R L I E R 

 

"What is that?" A slightly agitated, a slightly seventeen-year-old Jinki mumbles under his breath as several street children crowd around the stranger with the odd object. Jinki peers from his small sitting place on the road. It's  getting increasingly harder to see as more people gather around the Citizen, all demanding for the same thing.

Help us.

Help us, my son, he's dying.

No food, no food left, help us, please.

Please, please.

Request after request go unanswered as the stranger pushes past all the wide-eyed children and malnourished parents. Without heeding the screaming any attention, the stranger takes a seat next to Jinki on the dirty road.  Jinki crinkles his nose in disgust as the roads clear. They all disappear behind ally ways or buildings, only coming out next time there is a visitor. 

Jinki is all too used to the sorrowful stares and lingering touches of the children, begging for food like he used to. He's blocked it out so well now it's just a little headache in the back of his mind. Everytime he'd walk down the street, the pain would kick in. Now, he was used to that too.

"How come you're not begging?" 

That's a rude question, is the first thing that comes to Jinki's mind. But then again he can't blame the man with the hat drawn low down his face, what else would you expect from a boy sitting alone on the street?

"I'm not a e or a beggar." Comes the reply and the surprise is clearly written in the strangers reaction. Jinki's cheeks flair and bones ache with the sudden death of his confidence. "I'm waiting for someone." He whispers.

As if he'd ever beg for food again.

The stranger nods, fishing the same odd object from one of his pockets. Soon, Jinki's curiousity fails his pride and he asks the stranger the same question he'd ask himself before. "This?" The stranger points at the device. A small smile is evident on his covered face, but Jinki is too distracted to notice. "This plays music." 

"music?" Jinki asks fascinated. "What is music?" The stranger shifts. "Well," He starts slowly. "Music is noise."

Jinki frowns. "noise?" 

The stranger laughs. "Good noise." The stranger looks hesitant for a moment. "Like when you speak, but you speak to a beat, that is called singing." Jinki finally smiles, "Singing! Singing i do everyday." The stranger smiles back, he hands a surprised Jinki the music player. "Put these on," he instructs as he hands Jinki odd looking wires. Jinki fumbles with it.

"Where?" 

"In your ears."

"In my —"

"just do it, trust me." Jinki complies with a frown and the stranger touches the screen of the player. He does some odd things and suddenly Jinki's body is shaking with excitement. "What is happening?" He calls over the  sudden gush of noise that fills his ears, swirls of melodies complete with a beautiful voice sing into his ears. The stranger mumbles something but Jinki can't hear it. After some songs Jinki takes the wires out of his ears and gives the stranger a thankful look.

"What was that?" He whispers, still awe struck. 

"That is music," The stranger takes his hat off, revealing slick black hair, slightly grey. "Jinki." 

The said boy gasps as he gets onto his feet. The stranger stands too, slower. Jinki's feet stay rooted to the ground. "Do you remember me?" Jinki looks away, how could he forget. This man was the one in his house the day before he was ten. Jinki thinks he is angry for seeing him again, but he does nothing that proves it. The stranger smiles, it hits Jinki hard how long it's been. 

"You can sing," the stranger states simply, pushing the music player to a wide-eyed Jinki. Jinki grips it hard as he stares at the stranger. "Well then, next time," He says with a slight bow, he puts his hat on to take his leave.

"Wait," the word nearly dies in Jinki's throat. The stranger gives him a backward glance. Jinki chokes on his words, if he doesn't say it now, he might never get to. 

"Are you, a-are you my father?" Jinki's voice falters in the slightest way as he expects his answer. 

the stranger smiles once more. "No,"

"Then—Then why do you know my mother?" The tears spill from Jinki's eyes as it gets harder to see him. "Did you know she died?!"

The stranger's smile turns abit sad as he proceeds to walk in the other direction, missing a final goodbye. "I know, I am the one who found her."

 

Later on when Kibum arrived, the least he expected was a crying Jinki  lying on the side of the road. 

 

P R E S E N T    D A Y :  E I G H T E E N

The nostalgia plays into Jinki's mind as he sits in the backseat of the car with a sleeping Jonghyun next to him. Jonghyun's head lolls around until it finally settles at the crook of Jinki's neck. Music player in hand, Jinki scrolls through the list of songs he'd heard over a million times. Kibum's eyes flutter close at the front seat with the driver concentrating straight on the crooked road. 

Jinki rocks slightly to the beat of the song. He doesn't know what the songs are called since the scriptures are different but he'd never asked for help because this was his secret. 

This was his secret. 

 


[Authors note] 

So i know i at updating but it will get better.

Small delay because i got a crap load of exams coming up

I'm trying my best to give you all the maximum of each chapter