{ s e v e n }

Do Kyungsoo, Jjang!!!

Soft music is floating amidst lively, light chattering of smiling and laughing patrons. The crystal glasses clink as beverages being poured in various colors. The sweet smell of cakes mixed with mouth-watering whiff of barbeque meats, creating the joyous mood even more. The sun peeks shyly from behind the thin clouds; but the rays of light seeped between still enough to make today considered as a sunny day. Bouquets of beautiful flowers perched in white wooden fences, some smaller ones placed in the middle of round tables stood above wide expanse green grass.

The tinkling sounds of spoon met crystal glass followed with a cough effectively draw people’s attention to the small stage in front of the venue. A few claps and catcalls join moments later. The woman holding the spoon and the glass laughs softly to the microphone. The bride, then Ms. Do and now Mrs. Kim, is glowing with delight as she sweeps her audience with her eyes.

“Good morning, everyone.” She starts with a smile. “I hope you’re enjoying the food and the music. And right now, I have a very special performance prepared for today’s occasion….. And the one performing is no other than my beloved, most handsome, the one and only nephew. Come here, my angel Kyungsoo.” she waves to the table closest to the stage.

Series of claps and curious heads turn to spot a little figure in his little gray tuxedo walks towards the stage, his steps short but confident. The boy’s hair is styled up and it shines under the sun. Her aunt helps him up then promptly hugs him, kneeling as she gives the microphone to the boy. He takes it after kissing his aunt on the cheek, albeit shyly.

“Please give a warm welcome to our singer today, Do Kyungsoo!” her aunt proudly announces, and the piano starts playing.

❀❀❀

Kim Jongin is sitting between his older sister and his mother. His eyes can’t seem to stray from the performer on the stage. His chest feels heavy with something so warm and funny and it makes him so happy and proud of his bestfriend. Kyungsoo is singing an English song, You Raise Me Up. Jongin knows the lyrics by heart too since he often hears him singing the song.

But today, seeing Kyungsoo looks so handsome and beautiful and cute and brilliant on the stage feels so much different than listening to him singing everyday. Do Kyungsoo wears his trademark heart-shaped smile before he starts belting the notes perfectly, beautifully; his face expression changes into focus, concentration. The audience is to be quite honest, mesmerized. Kyungsoo’s voice is clear; his singing skill for a five year old is exceptional. And he can pronounce the foreign words pretty well too.

As if he’s being pulled by an unseen force, Jongin moves to take a few flowers from the small bouquet on their table. He quickly climbs down from his seat and makes his way to the stage, half-dazed.

Just as the song finished, Jongin is standing in front of the stage, holding a rose, a gladiola, and a tulip. Kyungsoo, who’s been watching him walking to the stage, looks at him with a confused but happy smile. He says his thank you then bows to the excited audiences who many give the little boy standing ovations. Then he almost runs to his friend waiting with flowers in his hands.

“Nini!!!” he jumps from the stage. Jongin meets him halfway to give the flowers, his cheeks tinted dark pink.  “Is this for me? Thank you!” he holds the flowers tightly in his hands as both of them make their way back to their table. Jongin, upon seeing the uncles dancing earlier, takes Kyungsoo’s other hand like a gentleman, leading the way.

“You are amazing, Soo…” he said shyly. The other boy ducks his head in equal embarrassment, although he scoots closer to Jongin and tightens the grasp of his palm.

The two kids are blissfully unaware of the sighs and the loving looks from all the noonas, the hyungs, the aunts, and the uncles when they see the very adorable scene unfolds right before their eyes.

((Jongin’s sister recorded in her phone then she uploaded it on her YouTube channel because the world needs to see that, yeah)) 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n:

1. happy bday kim jongin!

2. wow 173 subs! I really never expect that many of subs for this story. so this is a very pleasant surprise for me. thank you lovelies~ <3 please enjoy your visit here :3

3. oh and babies got daesang for 3 conscutive years!!!!!!!!!! <3333 so proud of them :"""))))