Menboong (Mental Breakdown)

Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Morning came. It was Saturday which means no school. Nara reluctantly woke up by her mother's constant call for breakfast. She had hoped that she can sleep in longer but no, she had to wake up. She even turned off her phone last night, not wanting any sound emits from it to disturb her. The world seems to against her, she thought.

She looked at her reflection in the mirror. One word to describe her state; terrible. Her eyes were puffy and red, her nose was stuffy, her face was pale and her hair looked like a lion's mane. All that because of crying too much last night, and she was barely asleep as yesterday's event kept playing in her mind. After she got home last night, she just walked into her room and never came out again. She skipped her dinner and when asked why, she said she has eaten outside and she was not feeling well so she wanted to rest.

Nara came down for breakfast after she washed up. She quietly sat down and started to munch on her food. Her mother, who was by now finished her meal and started to wash the dishes, felt a presence and turned around. She noticed her daughter at the table. "Dear, are you alright? Are you still not feeling well?", she asked.

"I'm recovering mom. Don't worry, I'll be okay soon.", Nara smiled bitterly.

"Me and your dad have an event to attend and we will be home probably at night. Your brother went out for basketball practice just now and he will be back in the evening. If you are getting worse and need to go to the clinic, just call one of us okay?", her mother said.

She nodded. "Min is coming later, is that alright?"

"Sure. I cooked some food for you just now. Share it with Min later, dear."

Nara nodded again. Her dad entered the kitchen. "I heard you are not well. Do you need to go to the clinic?", he asked her daughter.

"It's alright, dad. I'll be fine later, and Min is coming."

He nodded. "Well, we won't be home and if there's anything, make sure to call us right away. We are leaving now. Are you ready, yeobo?", he called out to his wife.

She sent her parents to the door. "Rest well, Nara.", her mother said and hugged her. Her dad just patted her head and they left.

She lied down on the couch at the living room and decided to just take a nap while waiting for her best friend to come over anytime soon. Yes, after all what she had expressed about how she felt with Min to Yoseob yesterday, she still considered Min is her best friend. She will not let small matters to ruin their friendship. Her mind is not that shallow. However, about her other best friend- the one who suddenly said he loves her yesterday, she was not sure anymore. She was so confused. Why and how did he fall for her? More importantly, what is she feeling now?

A few hours later, Min came to her house. Once she settled down, Nara immediately hugged her. She began to tell her story. She was also being honest that she was feeling envy with Min. But the latter just brushed it off and did not take it seriously. After all part of it was the plan, so she chose to listened quietly to her best

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter