Chapter 4

Ghosts of Christmas Eve

His lips were urgent against hers and she couldn't help but return the same urgency. She knows that she's betraying her love for her fiance, Kris, but she has this feeling deep down for the longing to feel his lips against hers, again. She felt his hands pressing against her small waist, and her hands crawling up to his neck to entertwine her fingers through his soft black hair. She pulled him closer to her.

But this is wrong.

So she pushed him away. Breathing hard, she glared at him. Donghae gave her a surprised expression. "Why did you do have to do that?"

"God I missed you. For all those years... it was like you vanished." He leaned in closer and brushed his lips against her. She pulled closer and deepened his kiss. She can't stop herself.

Her feelings were dawning at her that she felt disgusted of herself, of not stopping herself from surrendering her feelings in reply to his urgency. She hated him. And missed him. So much.

She pushed him away and looked at him, her face flushed from kissing him. "I... Donghae, I just wanted to talk to you. I don't want to go back to what we had before," I said against the booming sounds from the lively club. "Please Donghae, let's forget about the past." If only Jessica can.

"I don't think you did," Donghae retorted.

She gave him her iciest glare. "I did. You were nothing in my life. And ever since I broke up with you last three years, I never felt regret."

"But you kissed me," he said, confused, but still had the grin on his face. "I don't think you did forget about me. I felt the longing in your lips." That made her blush.

"No, I didn't!" She protested. She wanted to slap him for being such a jerk. She wanted to get away from this place. She regretted most especially when she pitied him and followed him in the club.

"Stop lying. I know you still love me," he said. Jessica raised her hand to slap him hard on the face, that would make him regret saying what he just said. But before her hand made contact with his face, his hand grabbed her arm.

She struggled to her arm free from his tight grip on her. "Let go of me," she hissed and glared at him. Donghae smirked, still not letting her go. " you," she hissed through her teeth.

"Wow, Sooyeon now uses big bad words now, huh?" He sneered and his smirk got wider.

Feeling hopeless, tears fell from her eyes. "Donghae, please. Please let me go." She pleaded, tears glistened from her eyes. "Not just your tight grip but your feelings for me."

"Never." He growled, but his intense eyes softened. Seeing her pleading him with those sorrowful tears, he pitied her, and let her go. He realized what he has done. "Jessica, I'm sorry." His face fell and rested his head against her shoulder.

"Donghae," she sighed. She wanted to feel his lips again, but restrained herself from doing it. His lips were hot against her neck.

Donghae looked up at her and their eyes locked. "Mianhe. I can't do this. I'm getting married soon, and I promised myself not to fall in love you," she explained. "I love Kris." It felt foreign to her own ears, it never did seem true.

"I see that you've moved on from me." Donghae quickly moved away from her. But she felt like she wanted to feel his body against her more.

"Good bye, Donghae," she said, and left him without another word. Donghae looked at her, and soon headed towards the ladies in very showy clothings by the bartender.

Jessica felt like pulling him away from those girls. But she remembered him telling her that it wasn't her business. She decided to leave. Her feet felt like lead as she walked to the front opening of the club. She stopped in her tracks and looked back at him again. Their eyes locked again for a moment.

But when a girl walked to him. She saw her sat on his lap and started to kiss his neck. She looked away. "He never really cared," she told herself.

She walked out of the club and saw the bouncer smiling on her. He said to her, "Wow, you came out alive." He looked surprised that she wasn't thrown over by men.

"Yeah," she managed to say.

Jessica walked to the worried looking driver. "I'm sorry I took so long," she apologized to him. "Let's head back to the hotel, shall we? I'm tired."

The car revved its engine and drove away from the club. Jessica took her compact mirror and looked at herself. Her lips looked swollen. It must have been from Donghae's kisses.

The memory of her kissing him just a while ago popped in her head. His lips were against her as she kissed him, their lips syncronizely moving against each other. Their bodies pressed against each other, as their mouths devoured each others. She--

"Aish," she cursed under her breath. She looked out the car window and saw the clouds darkening for the day to turn to night. Then she asked herself, "Am I still in love with him?"

And she said before drowsiness swept over her, "Am I making the right choice of marrying Kris?"