Chapter 2

Ghosts of Christmas Eve

DISCLAIMER: I don't own any of the characters, they all belong to their rightful owner, which is SM Entertainment.

 

 

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE. THANK YOU ^.^

 

 


He was driving towards his favourite place. His phone kept ringing and ringing for almost twenty times(he lot count), and he wasn't answering it. He knew it was his mom, and would tell him to come home.

Finally the ringing stopped, and Donghae was relieved so he kept on driving through the almost empty roads of Seoul. His phone rang again that made him jump in surprise. "AARGH!" He yelled frustratedly.

He decided to answer his phone, the annoying ringing would stop. But the ring tone was different, it was a different caller. That caller was the only one in that has the different ring tone. He checked his still ringing phone, and saw the caller I.D. His heart stopped at the name. PRETTY SICA.

He didn't realise that the stop light was in stop and he was still driving. Beeps from cars brought him back to his senses. He stopped the car in the middle of the road and received more angry honks from cars. He quickly drove to a parking area, before the traffic enforcer and the police could interrogate him.

He stopped his car and took his phone. There were 25 missed calls from his mom, and 1 missed call from her.

"Why would she call? Could she have dialed my number accidentally?" His phone rang and she was calling again. "Should I answer it?" He asked his self.

 He couldn't stop himself from answering the phon. He wanted to hear her voice again. He missed her sweet voice whenever she called him and said that she has a surprise for him, but that was when they dated for the first few weeks in their relationship.

His finger pressed the answer button, like it had its own mind. He pressed the loudspeaker, and a different voice echoed in his car. "DONGHAE. Why aren't you answering my calls?" It was his mother. Why would she call him using Jessica's number?

So he answered her, "Umma."

"Donghae, where are you? I've been calling you for hours!"

"I've been driving."

"Are you drunk again?" She asked from the other line.

"Ani. I was just in Heechul-hyung's apartment. I didn't say I'm drinking, I said I'm driving. Can't you under--"

"I called him hours ago when you were still with him, so stop lying to me." Donghae was pissed with his mother. He wanted to end the call to stop her nagging. "Donghae? Donghae? Are you still there?"   

"Neh." He bluntly answered.

"The reason I'm calling you is that," her voice sounded giddy and excited. "Jessica's here in our house. She's here and she wants to talk to you." Donghae's heart stopped. And he was excited? No, he was actually scared to see her again. Did Jessica change over the years and just wanted to serve him vengeance?

Whatever about those stupid expectations. He missed her and would want to see her again. "I'm coming," he answered his mom and hang up immediately.

Change of plans. He's coming home and going to see her again. After all those years, they never talked or even spoke through the phone. There was a great block of ice in between them and would forever be a blockage of their relationship. He would talk to her now and maybe ask her to love him again. And they would live happily ever after.

He quickly drove and changed routes. He's coming home to bring back the bacon.