Chapter 3

Ghosts of Christmas Eve

DISCLAIMER: I don't own any of the characters, they all belong to their rightful owner, which is SM Entertainment.

 

 

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE. THANK YOU ^.^


 

"Umma, I'm home!" He called as he stepped inside their house.

A man in a suit, who looks like he's in the same age as Donghae, smiled and greeted him. "You must be Mr. Lee Donghae." The man was sitting on their couch and was drinking tea. Who is this man? What is he doing in their house?

"Uhm. Who are you?"

"Donghae, it's good to see you." His mother came out of nowhere and gave him a hug. "Oh," she stated as she realized Donghae already met their visitor. "I've seen that you've met our visitor."

"Who is he?" Donghae pointed at the stranger in front of him.

"Don't be so rude. His name is Kris." His mother introduced.

"Oh, hello Kris." He wasn't so delighted to see this young man yet didn't know why. He was here for another reason. He's here because he wants to see her again. Where is she? "Umma, where is Je--"

He was cut off by the sweetest voice he had ever heard for the whole day. "Mrs. Lee, where are you?" The voice sent shivers down his spine to his neck.

His impatient eyes searched for the owner of the voice. But she sounded distant. He wanted to move forward and find her, and then to capture her in his arms again. Before he ever had the chance to walk to her, his mother stopped him.

"I'm down here, dear. I'm by the living room."

Footsteps raced down the hallway from upstairs. Donghae's heart pounded inside his chest. Was she excited to see him again, or is she pissed? She isn't that kind of girl. Or rather, she wasn't.

Soon she was visible by the end of the large staircase. Her face glowed a vibrant aura. Her face was still the same, except for the way her eyes looked. She looked confident. Her hair was now straight, but still brown, and she looked stunning in her simple white dress. She's not the same Jessica Donghae knew.

"Donghae, you still remember Jessica, right?" His mother broke him from his thoughts. Jessica was right beside him and between that Kris dude.

Dumbfounded, he answered, "Uh, yeah. Long time no see, Sooyeon." She seemed to tense up with the way he called her.

"You too, Donghae-ssi." She replied and smiled at him with her familiar teeth flashing grin.

Without thinking, he instantly took her in his arms. Her familiar scent engulfed his nose. She still has that sweet strawberry scent in her hair. He never want to break away from her. He missed her. He missed everything about her. Jessica awkwardly hugged him back, and immediately broke the hug.

There was awkward silence that enveloped the tension in the air. "So," Kris broke the ice. "Jess, how about you tell him your itinerary."

'What? She has an itinerary for me?' Donghae thought.

"Donghae," Jessica started as her arm encricled around Kris's waist.

'So, they're dating, huh?' He thought. Donghae wasn't happy to see what has been going between the two. He's been replaced.

"Kris and I are getting married," she said, happily. Kris kissed her forehead and smiled too.

He felt his heart like it turned into a thin glass and broke into pieces. 'They're getting married?' He yelled in hi thoughts. He already felt like crying. But crying in front of these people would show how soft hearted and affected he is. He quickly did a poker face and said, "Cool. So when is it?--your wedding I mean?"

"On Christmas Eve, which is about two weeks from now," Jessica said. OH, SO SOON. "And Donghae-ssi?"

"Hmm?" He answered like he doesn't even care.

"I want you to be the best man. Kris here is okay with that, if you are. But if you aren't, it's fine."

"Ani, Sica. It's fine. I'm totally fine with it." NOT. He said it enthusiastically, not putting the heart broken emotions be heard in his voice. "But why bother going to my house to tell me, and not just message me in Facebook or Twitter or something?"

"They arranged the wedding place in our hotel, son. And our company will be the organizers. Wouldn't it be exciting?" Yeah, wow. It's just surprising to Donghae that Jessica picked out their wedding organizers to be their company, and the venue in their hotel. GREAT. JUST GREAT.

Donghae was just plain jealous and envious of the man, who has the woman he loves, in his arms. This man is lucky to have her as his future wife, because Donghae is now regretting the fact that he let her go off easily. Donghae wanted to get away before he gets a chance to take the living daylights out of this man.

"Well, congratulations in your wedding," he said suddenly. He turned to go, and said, "I have to go. I have errands to attend to. See you soon?"

"But Donghae. You just got here," his mother protested. "You don't go home very often nowadays, I want you to please stay for a while. Will you?"

"Umma," he stated and looked at her with a look that says, 'I have to get some air. I can't take this anymore.' Mrs. Lee understood and nodded. Donghae gave her a quick kiss on the cheek. "I'll be home before dinner, I promise." And he left.

Once he was outside, he let the tears roll down from his eyes. Hell no he's coming back home and see the happy couple to break his heart all over again. He's gonna get drunk till he drops for the whole remaining day. No one's going to try to dare stop him. He was to forget that this day ever existed.

He will forget about Jessica. He's going to get laid tonight. Probably. Or not.

* * *

She thought that she would not feel that way from the moment she saw him. But her heart still pounded in her chest like crazy. She's engaged and she promised herself that she will not fall for him again. Things have not gone the way she had planned. When he hugged her, she felt like giving in, but she would not betray her future husband who was right in front of them, watching them. Jessica wished Kris won't notice the longing she had in her eyes for her past lover.

She couldn't stop herself from admiring her past lover. He was still as handsome as ever. But he seemed broken and scorned by the way his eyes turned dark after the three years they barely connected. His shaggy slick black hair was still as gorgeous as before it was. His attitude was still the same. He's rude.

"Why is your friend like that?" Kris asked Jessica as he her soft cheek, breaking her from her thoughts as they waited for Mrs. Lee to come back from retrieving their marriage arrangement files.

"He's always like that. Strange, as always." She sighed. She doesn't want to talk about him anymore. The topic of Donghae drives her insane, until now. Sure, he was a jerk but he was still the same caring Donghae from before.

"Yobeo, you're in your own thoughts again. Are you bored with me?" Kris asked, his arm wrapping around her small waist.

"I'm sorry. I'm just tired lately," she lied. If she'll see Donghae or anything related with him again she's sure she'll strangle herself before she becomes the love sick girl she was before. And that's why she changed. She knows it's for the best for him and for her.

"Do you want to go back to our hotel room and rest for awhile? 'Cause you've been acting strangely ever since we got here." He told her, with a hint of worry in his voice.

"Is it okay for you if I'm not with you? You okay with the cake tasting by yourself?' She asked, worried that he's been too kind to her.

"It's alright with me, as long as you're going to be alright." He reassured her.

"Are you sure?" She asked, feeling relieved for a moment.

"I'm sure." He gave her a peck on the lips before she went straight to their car which was a black mercedes benz. That's right, a mercedes benz. She is engaged to a very rich man, but she knows that Donghae is also as rich as he is.

"Why am I comparing the two? Pabo Sica! Pabo!" She muttered under her breath. She slightly hit herself on the head for anyone who sees her won't think that she's become crazy. Speaking of crazy, she was once. She was crazily in love with the hearthrob Lee Donghae, who was also her best friend. She remembered how she would become so envious whenever he had pretty girls around him--

Enough of these memories, she's freaking tired of it.

She entered the car and the driver asked, "Where to miss?"

"To our hotel," she said bluntly. "Please bring me to our hotel."

The driver nodded and started to drive away slowly. She turned to the window and watched how she missed this place. She missed roaming through the busy streets of Seoul with her bike. She remembered how she accidentally bumped into an incredibly good looking boy who was on the same age as she is. She remembered how they started a friendship, a friendship that they promised to theirselves to forever. But she knew that forever could change into love, and so she did fall for him. That boy is Lee Donghae. Her first friend, and her first love.

"Aish," she cursed under her breath. She touched her cheeks which were already soaked with tears. Only then did she realize that she was crying. "Why am I torturing myself?'

"Are you alright there, miss?" The driver asked, concerned. She nodded as she brushed away the tears away.

She told herself, "I love Kris. I hate Donghae. I love Kris. I hate Donghae." Her tears stopped and she smiled. "There. Better." She slid open the car window and took in some air. She relaxed.

Her eyes roamed around the busy streets of Seoul, with lively clubs and walking busy people. She sighed as she watched them. Her eyes caught a hint of that slick black hair coming out from a familiar car. A man owned that black hair, and once he turned around, their eyes locked. His eyes were swollen.

 It's Donghae.

"STOP. STOP THE CAR." She quickly ordered the driver. The car escaltated into a halt. Completely out of her mind, she ran towards him. Once she was near him, she stopped herself from doing things she might regret.

"Sooyeon, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be supposed to be with your fiance?" He asked bitterly. She must've been such a jerk for making him feel jealous of Kris and her. Why the hell would she bother to care if he's jealous of their relationship?

"I was just... I saw you, and I felt like I wanted to talk to you," she said, looking straighty in his dark eyes of pits, but still brooding. What happened to him? His eyes were swollen, but only a bit that you should come near him to notice it swollen. "Donghae, were you crying?'

"Why would I?" He answered back coldly, almost shouting.

"It's just that..."

"Don't you know that you've been hurting me? I STILL LOVE YOU, JESSICA." He said, almost a shout. "I'm sorry that I'm being a third wheel now, Jung. Now, if you excuse me I've got girls waiting for me." He walked towards the lively club in front of them. Donghae turned to her and said, "Which is not your business." The bouncer let him in after showing his I.D.

Jessica felt the urge to comfort him. Again, completely out of her mind, she followed him inside. But before she got in, the bouncer stopped her, "Excuse me, miss? Can I see your I.D. please?" Jessica rummaged through her bag for her I.D. She showed it to the bouncer, and he smiled. "Be careful there, sweetheart. A lot of s in there."

"Thanks for the advice," she said and smiled weakly.

Once she got in, the vibe of the place making shivers through her spine. She searched for Donghae around the crowd of strangers.

She passed by the restrooms and a pair of hands grabbed her shoulder and shoved her against the cold wall of the club. "You followed me," he gasped. Before she could react, his lips quickly pressed against hers, and kissed her. She missed those lips. And she knew who the lips and the voice belonged to. Her mind was in shock and didn't know what she was doing until she realized that she kissed him back.

She managed to gasp against his urgent lips, "Donghae."

 


CLIFFHANGER. HA!

OH, MY. WHAT WAS THAT?

WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED NEXT? STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER.

 

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE <3