My new life.

Y u m i 's S o r r o w s.

Yumi's point of view:

Today was the start of a new day. I also have to attend a new school starting from today. There were only a few people that I know that go to that school. The first, is my child hood friend Kim Ki Bum. Except I call him Key. To clarify, he's in a group called SHINee. The second, is my cousin Jang Wooyoung from 2PM. Although not that many people know that fact. He doesn't tell people and I kind of took the habit of not telling people either.

Like always, I didn't have any trouble finding out what to wear. My closet was a girly girl's dreamland. Everything in here was either a skirt, blouse or a dress. I opened up the wonderland I called my closet and gently touched the fabric of each piece of clothing. There were so many good things to choose from, I could hardly pick. I wanted to make a good impression on my first day. Especially since I'm attending a school with kpop artists. I eventually picked out this outfit. I opened up a separate closet, which contained all of my shoes. I slowly scanned the room, trying to find the perfect match. I put on these shoes and was satisfied.

After grabbing my hand bag, I stepped out of my room and walked down the stairs. I looked around. My mother wasn't there. It was typical. It's been a while since she's shown any sign of affection to me. My father wasn't there either. He's too busy with work. He's never had time for me. I thought I would get used to it, but how can you do that when you're lonely all the time? I wasn't lonely before. That was when I had my grandmother. Since she passed, everything went down the drain.

Besides paying for the house and my clothes, I was fending for myself. I wasn't late to school yet, nor was Key here to walk to school with me. I cooked myself an easy breakfast in hopes of an easy day. I boiled water for my instant noodles, and waited in front of the TV until I heard the screeching to know it was done. It didn't take a very long time and before I knew it, I was almost done with my breakfast.

I cleaned up and heard the doorbell ring. I looked to see who it was and it was Key. I grabbed my bag and walked outside to meet him. "Key- oppa!" I hugged him tightly. He hugged me back. "Good morning, Yumi. How are you today?" I replied "Same old same old. How are you oppa?" I tripped and he caught me in his arms. He was turning red now, but I didn't know why.

"Oppa, I asked how you are." His redness on his cheeks went away. "I'm fine. Should we walk to school now?" He lifted me up and helped me to stand. "Uhm. We should!" We linked arms and walked down the stairs. As we were walking towards the school, I could see a teacher watching over the students. And when I looked around more, I could see glares in my direction.

What's wrong? I looked down at my clothes. It can't be my clothes. These are so trendy! It seemed that Key noticed the glares as well. He put his arm around me as if to guard me from harm. I whispered in his ear. "Thank you oppa." He shook his head. "It's not problem."

We arrived at my classroom, where he walked me inside. "There are two people I want to introduce you to." We walked up to a cold, arrogant looking boy and a kind looking girl who had a sunny aura to her. "Hey you two. I want you to introduce you to someone." They turned and looked at him, then looked at me. "Oh~ Who might this be?" asked the girl. Key said "This is Yumi. Kim Yumi. She's a childhood friend of mine, and she's in the same class as you. Take care of her and make her feel welcomed. Okay?" The girl smiled. "Of course!"

According to Key, the bell was about to ring. "I've got to go to my class. Let's all meet up at the cafeteria at lunch. Bye!" I watched as he walked away. The girl grabbed my hands. "It's nice to meet you! My name is Sunny. And see that boy over there?" She gestured to the arrogant looking one. "That's Dongho. We're all friends here. Why don't you come sit by me? Dongho sits in front of me anyway."

I smiled. "Sure! It's nice to meet you Sunny and Dongho." Dongho didn't spare me a glance. Oh well. I sat down next to Sunny, who had a window seat. Our first period was science, and then it was PE class. I brought a few clothes to change into and I made sure I looked cute. I tied up my hair into a bun, while waiting for Sunny to change. Every time I looked around, people would be staring at me. It was starting to hurt, but I didn't let it bother me.

Sunny was finally done, and we went outside together where Dongho was waiting for us. As soon as he saw us, he walked away and we followed. We got to do our own individual sports, and Dongho picked basketball since we needed more players to do baseball. We walked over to the basketball courts and he threw the ball at me.

"So new girl. Can you play basketball?" I didn't respond. Sunny stood up for me. "Don't be so mean Dongho!" She looked at me "We're not going to really play a full on game. We're going to play horse. Do you know how to play?"" I shook my head. She explained the game. "We all take turns shooting the ball. If we miss, then we have to add the next letter in the word horse. For example if I miss two times, I have ho. If I get the full word horse, I lose."

"Oh~ I understand." Dongho said "Good, let's start the game now." We played for a while, and I was surprisingly good at it. Sunny was the one who was in last place, while I was in second. Just when I was about to shoot, a ball hit my head, causing me to fall to the ground. I out after a few seconds, and all I could hear is "You're so mean! How could you do that? This is only her first day!" and snickering.

I woke up, and I knew it was the infirmary. Next to me was Key, Sunny and unexpectedly, Wooyoung. They all kept asking me "Are you alright?" My head was throbbing, but I forced on a smile. "I'm good. Why wouldn't I be good?" They looked at me worriedly. "What time is it?" Wooyoung sighed. "It's third period but in a few minutes it's going to be lunch." Can this day get any worse?