Grandmother's death anniversary and escape with Dongho to her grave.

Y u m i 's S o r r o w s.

Yumi's point of view:

I can't believe that I told my parents about me loving Shin Dongho. After that, they wouldn't let it go until I told them who he was. I still don't get why they even care anyway.

Last night was a horrible night that I didn't want to relive. If anything, I would erase it if I could. But how can I at this point? They know I like a boy. But I didn't even know at the time whether or not they would allow me to stay because of it. I just wanted to blurt it out.

It turns out they would let me stay, only because he's famous. Typical of them. They just want family status. I don't really care at this point, as long as I get to stay in the same school as Dongho.

I remembered that Sunny was in the house still. I prayed that she didn't hear me. Because if she did everything would probably be ruined.

I needed at least one girlfriend to talk to and if she was gone, I'd have no body left.

After I was done talking to my parents, I went back inside my room. Sunny was still awake and on my computer from what I could see, and she wasn't mad or crying. What a relief. She probably didn't hear me.

I plopped on the bed and fell asleep. I didn't even ask Sunny if she wanted to sleep with me. Throughout the whole night, I had nightmares of what might happen if Sunny did hear me.

It hurt so much because in my dream, Sunny betrayed me and tried to get me to want to kill myself. I cried so hard even though I knew in my heart she wouldn't do that to me. She's too nice of a person. And when I saw her last night, she didn't seem like anything was wrong.

I woke up with sore eyes, and I could feel that they were puffy. When I could finally see clearly, I saw her sleeping next to me. She's so peaceful when compared to last night. I though the crying was never going to end.

I looked at the date, and saw that it was Monday. Great, I have school today. But then I also had the date circled with a red marker. What is it again?

Staring at it, I tried to figure out what the special event was. If it even was a special event. And then I realized, it's my Grandmother's death anniversary. I haven't shared the story with anyone, but I knew deep in my heart I was special to her.

Flashback:

It was a calm summer morning, and I felt like everything was a dream. It was just me and her, no one else around. My parents knew that I loved her so much so they let me stay together with her alone for the whole summer, like always. Even though they really wanted me to go summer school to learn more, I didn't have to because my grandmother demanded that they let them watch me.

It was such a sweet time. Every morning, I would help her pick the fresh ingredients in her garden for breakfast. And during lunch if we had any left overs from breakfast, we would eat those. And at dinner time, grandma let me cook whatever I wanted, and she'd help me.

Throughout our whole time together, she's the one that taught me the most about life. She kept reminding me to be a good person, and to never take revenge. She also taught me about love and relationships, even though I couldn't understand it quiet well. I was only in elementary at the time. After that, she though I would experience love on my own. Which I finally did.

It wasn't boring with her, because she was the only one who understood me. She was the first one I told my dreams to and she even taught me how to make clothes. Back in her day, she was a really amazing seamstress with a lot of talent. That's probably why I'm like this today.

She told me one day "You have an eye for fashion. Your parents want you to be more than just a fashion designer, but don't let them do that to you. You have to follow your dreams and tell them you want to be a fashion designer, if you want to be that is. If you change your mind, then that's okay too. But if they disagree with you, tell grandma and I'll take care of it."

Those words of encouragement, I loved them. Even though I got a lot of love from my parents back then, hers were more special. I respected her. I respected her so much, that at the time of her death, I cried a lot. They weren't tears of happiness because she's in a better place, they weren't tears just to have tears, but they were pure tears.

Although she died of natural causes, I missed her so much. I begged the heavens to let her come back, but everyone kept telling me it was impossible. To me, it wasn't impossible. It was as possible as can be, and i had faith that someday, she and I would meet again.

End Flashback.

I was crying now, and I tried hard to wipe away my tears before Sunny woke up. I didn't want to worry her if she saw me crying. I rushed into the bathroom to wash up my face. Luckily for me, the redness went away. Usually it wouldn't. I went back inside and Sunny was already up, looking groggy.

"Nhn. What time is it?" I checked the clock. "It's about 6:40. We have to get ready for school now or else we'll be late." She rushed up, and headed for the door. "I'm going home to get ready. I'll see you in school later!" Wow. Isn't she in a rush?

I got ready by myself and went downstairs expecting my parents to be gone and that I would have to cook my own meal again.

I actually wanted to avoid them, but they were there. All chirpy and happy. "Where did Sunny go? Did she leave already?" Will you just look at these people? It's grandma's death anniversary and they are still worried about Sunny? They just get more and more horrible everyday.

"She already left. She said that she would get ready at her house and that I'd see her in school later." The expressions on their face turned sour, and I didn't even want to eat breakfast anymore. I rolled my eyes at them and walked out the door. Key was walking towards me, and I waved to him.

He waved back, looking as happy as ever. "Yumi!" "Key!" He came up to me and hugged me. "Yum-ah. How have you been lately? I haven't seen you since the fashion show and I still didn't even get to talk to you. Is everything okay?" I had to lie to him again.

"Yeah! Everything is fine, you don't have to worry about me. Everything has been great, my family life is the same as always. Oh and Sunny slept over last night so I had a blast. She left to school already though, since she said she needed to get ready at her house."

Key seemed to be spacing out, soI was worried. I waved my hand in front of him. "Hello? Earth to Key! Is anyone home?" It seemed like he got a kick out of that, because he started to burst out laughing. I laughed too, and we walked to school together. Unfortunately, bad events were in store for me.

I didn't even get past the gate before everyone started throwing things at me. There was even a poster on the school calling me the school . I was about to cry and I had no idea what to do. Key was trying to get everyone to stop, and eventually a girl threw a punch at me.

I felt someone grab me, and I didn't know who it was. I eventually out.

I woke up after a while and there was a blurry Dongho in front of me. "Dongho?" I called out. "Yeah, it's me." I was fully awake now and I sat up. I was in an unfamiliar room. "You're in my room. I wanted to get you out of school because of how everyone was treating you." Oh yeah, that. "Are you alright? You look kind of down."

I knew it was about time I told someone. "I'm not okay. Besides that, today is my grandmother's death anniversary. She and I were so close. She's the one who practically raised me I want to visit her grave, but it's in Busan." He got up and searched for something. He pulled out a bus map.

"Well, since you want to see your grandmother's grave, let's do it today. We can skip school."