Chapter 3

How to Make a Straight Girl Fall for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Are you seriously doing this to me?" 

Soojung threw her quilt overhead as she tried to ignore her sister who was knocking at her door relentlessly. 

"Jung Soojung, if you're not gonna come out there on your own, I'll tell mum to cut off your allowance!" Jessica threatened as she continued banging her knuckles against the wooden door. She didn't like how her relationship with her little sister ended up like this. They used to be so close to each other.

She frowned. She was about to knock again when the door suddenly opened, revealing Soojung with dishevelled hair and also a dishevelled face.

"Do it," Soojung expressionlessly said. "That's what you're good at right? Getting me into trouble with our parents so that you'd look like the best daughter in the world? So do it. I don't give a ." Rolling her eyes, Soojung walked passed her sister. However Jessica's grip on her arm halted her.

"Where did you even get that from Jung Soojung? I just said that so you'd get ready for school." Jessica reasoned; the frown on her face showing her disappointment and hurt from what her sister had said. 

Soojung smirked, mocking her. "So innocent." She almost spat in spite. "You should win an award, unnie, since you're so good at acting perfect. And why bother wasting your precious time on me? You know no matter what you do I will never attend homeroom."

Jessica's grip on her arm loosened. She bit her lip as she told herself mentally not to mind what Soojung said. She wanted to understand her sister better, to know where her grudge to her was coming from, but today's not the best time. She just nodded, then. "I don't know what you're talking about, Soojung but alright... just make sure you go to school." She heaved a sigh, before going downstairs to eat breakfast.

Soojung stared at her sister's back. Jessica's a genius but she's dense and dumb. She'd do anything just to please their parents, not even caring that by doing so she's already stepping on other people. 

And that included her.

Her fists clenched as she willed herself to go down and meet her family. Breakfast and dinner were the hardest moments she had to go through everyday as for her, breakfast and dinner which usually meant catching up and spending hearty laughs within the family, became what she called: “The Humiliation of Jung Soojung and the Worshipping of Jung Sooyeon”. As much as she could, she'd always avoid sitting in the dining table and be the centre of spotlight. A bad kind of spotlight.


 

“Glad to see you out for breakfast,” her dad stated, putting a piece of toast in his mouth. “How are you?”

Soojung donned her usual straight face and sat down on the farthest seat from everyone else which was at the other side of the table, opposite from her father. She took a piece of french toast and a sausage and put them on her plate. “Mrs. Oh can you give me a cup of coffee please.” She requested, deliberately ignoring her dad. She was used to this – acting invisible to everyone. It wasn't hard anyway as if not humiliating her, she wouldn't be noticed at all in the Jung's household.

“How are her grades Jessica?” Her dad looked at his eldest daughter.

Soojung couldn't help but to glance at her sister, expecting what she's always expecting.

Jessica, unaware of how Soojung looked at her decided to tell the truth. “Her grades are improving, dad. But it's just that her attendance is very poor.”

What she said had brought small smiles from both of their parents, especially their mum. “That's good, Soojung. Continue improving your grades and also your attendance.” Her gaze turned to Jessica. “You, make sure she keeps getting better, alright?”

Jessica nodded happily. “That's easy, mum. Soojung is very smart.”

Soojung almost coughed out everything in . She gulped some of her coffee and stared at her sister incredulously. “Wow,” she muttered. “Did Mrs. Oh put something in our breakfast today?” she asked with a smirk on her face.

She stood up, dismissing herself from the unusual talk.


 


 

Taeyeon was stacking the test papers for the upcoming key assessment next week. She tried to shrug it off but Jessica's long face had been bothering her all day. She glanced at her for the nth time, but the same look on her face stayed there, as if it was already permanent; she wished it wasn't though, since Jessica's very pretty when she's smiling.

Can't take her curiosity anymore, she cleared to gain the woman's attention. Jessica's frown deepened even more as she looked at her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter