Chapter 2

How to Make a Straight Girl Fall for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

How to Make a Straight Girl Fall for You: Chapter 2

Inside the small confines of a single room, another small figure had her her body sprawled out comfortably on the bed, snoring. Taeyeon's room was very peaceful and void of any distractions, however when her phone started buzzing wildly under her pillow, the place went from heaven to a jungle real quick. Shocked, Taeyeon bolted up and started thrashing her bed to find the source of the sound, only to realise a second later that it was actually her phone that woke her up. She sighed, as she reached out tiredly and answered the disruptive phone call.

"Hello," she groggily muttered; her eyes still closed in hope that she could still go back to sleep.

"Kim Taeyeon are you kidding me?" The caller, Sunny, asked angrily as she huffed. Taeyeon had no idea whatsoever what she was fussing about though.

"What?" 

"Taeyeon-ah how can you fix your life like this?" Sunny frustratedly suspired. "Get your out of your bed and start washing up because you can't be late to your first day as an assistant teacher!" She exclaimed like a nagging mother. However, Taeyeon wasn't at the least bit fazed about it. Her head still couldn't process anything but sleep. More, more and more sleep.

"Sun -" Taeyeon was about to whine to her friend until she realised what really the fuss was about. "Oh my jelly beans..." She could only mutter as realisation came in like a speeding truck. "Sunny-ah I'll call you back!" She hopped off the bed and Taeyeon finally started getting ready for her first day, chanting furiously on her head that she's a butthead for forgetting about an important day.

--

In the rush of getting into the academy in time, Taeyeon used the best abilities of her severely lacking legs as she ran furiously to the main gate. However, running fast without looking ahead could cause an accident and that's exactly what happened when she bumped to a taller girl. Everything that she was carrying fell down and the same destiny happened to the poor girl. 

"Oh my god I'm so sorry, are you alright?" The taller asked first, looking at Taeyeon worriedly.

Smiling, the short girl picked up their things on the ground. She gave the girl her bag and dusted off her hands. "I'm okay what about you? I should be the one saying sorry, I wasn't looking."

The other girl grinned and shook her head. "It's really fine. By the way, are you new here? Which year are you in?" She eagerly questioned, leaving Taeyeon stunned for a moment.

To ease the awkward silence that came on, Taeyeon feigned a laugh, although inside she was offended that somebody thought she's younger than her age again. "I'm not a student, actually." She admitted, rendering the younger girl's eyes to widen. "But I'm new! A new assistant teacher!"

"Oh..." the girl chuckled at her silly mistake. "I see. I'm Soojung. You know what, I can help you find your way in the academy if you want." She offered kindly.

"That would be nice!" Taeyeon happily agreed, thinking how her first day would be a hundred times easier with Soojung's help. One thing she was worrying about before was how she was going to find her way around in the academy but obviously, that's going to be scrapped out of her list. "Thank you. I'm Kim Taeyeon by the way." 

"Oh hi Miss Kim," Soojung bowed while smiling cheekily as if mocking the first-timer assistant teacher. "Where do you wanna go first Miss?" She asked politely like how a servant would ask to her majesty. It made Taeyeon burst out in a series of laughter and the both of them shared the moment for a while, enjoying the fact that their senses of humour click well together. Taeyeon silently wished to be assigned in Soojung's class because at least she knew she could get along with her. 

"Let's go meet the head teacher first." She answered after they finally calmed down.

"Okay!" Soojung exclaimed as the both of them went off to the head teacher's office.

--

"So what year are you in now, Soojung?" Taeyeon asked as they walked silently on the corridor.

"I'm in Year 10 now," she sighed. "Year 11's said that the last year would be a damned hell. Ugh, I don't want to go there." 

Sympathising, Taeyeon nodded her head. What's more hellish than being a Year 11? That's the most excruciating and most pressuring moment of her life. "You'd be fine. Everyone of us will be able to survive it somehow." She tried to soothe the girl.

However Soojung huffed still.

"Anyway it's homeroom time right? Won't you get in trouble?" Taeyeon asked, realising that Soojung was still a student and needed to be in her class.

In her puzzlement, Soojung's face contorted to a deep frown as another sigh escaped her lips. "Homeroom . Even more that my sister is my homeroom teacher. You know the feeling that every move you make you'd be watched? Like CCTV?" She berated and the sudden heaviness of her steps became quickly noticeable by Taeyeon.

"Your sister's a teacher here?" She asked instead, deliberately avoiding her rant so that Soojung would not think of it anymore.

"Unfortunately." Soojung answered. "She's been my homeroom teacher

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter