✩ : chapter two。

✩ : come back to me。+ the story continues

 

BASEBALL GAMES & CHICKEN

Glimpsing at you without anyone noticing it became my habit
And sometimes, when our eyes meet
I become an actor acting as if it was nothing
Action, I often think about going to you and starting a conversation
But why do I always freeze when you just come in front of me?

Eunji fidgets: she taps her foot and fingers play with her coat, an infinity sign insignia printed on the back. They wait outside in their own group, waiting for entry to start. Other girls wait outside as well, sort of dotting the platform in small groups. Jinkyung is impatiently tapping the sole of her shoes on the concrete ground as Hwang Nana, stands heads below the former, finger in the air, lips quirking downwards.

“It’s going to rain today.” She states matter-of-factly, as Eunji scoffs, pursing her lips.

“Do any of you guys even know me.” Eunji says, dragging out the any before pulling out raincoats branded with large “INFINITE” emblems on them, making Jinkyung squeal in delight.

“This probably cost you a fortune.”

“It did,” Eunji deadpans, blinking with a stone-face, as Jinkyung snatches one out of her hands while Nana sends her a grateful look but quickly replaces it with a crescent eyed smile. “You’re a lifesaver Jung Eunji.”

She places a hand over her heart, nodding in an almost sympathetic way. “I try, I try.” Jinkyung presses the jacket close to her face, attempting to warm herself. Winter followed her anywhere and everywhere and a side effect was a stupid cold. She sniffles, partly out of the wanting to go inside the concert area.

“Is it ever going to start?” Nana says. She shakes her head, the other two mumble indignantly. She glances around, ever the positive one in the group, to suffice the boredom in waiting. It isn’t going to get any better unless she does something about it and so she looks out of curiosity. To her right side, she stops at a girl who is slightly taller than her, albeit not by much. She is turned away from the Hwang, several feet away; the short chestnut hair peeking out of a baseball cap is oddly familiar to her. Nana squints her eyes and adjusts her glasses, is that who I think it is?

“First come, first serve!”

Teenagers huddle to form an amoeba of a line—including Jinkyung, Eunji, and Nana. The bespectacled one looks to where the obscure girl is, but wasn’t there; she raises an eyebrow. “Oh, well,” she mumbles and takes a step closer to watching her biases perform on the stage, fingers fidgeting.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

She pulls down her hat and zips her jacket, head bowed and merging in the crowd. An attempt to be inconspicuous. Being the last in line is her best option if she doesn't want to be discovered, despite how she would have trouble finding an empty seat. She sighs, giving her ticket to the worker, who gives her skeptical look. Passing the entrance, she buries her chin and lips under the collar of her raincoat, Youngmi mumbles some incoherent words as a couple of young female fans from her school pass by her in a hurry; some of these girls should be at home studying! 

But then again, her father would scold her by saying the exact thing—everyone would. Youngmi chuckles at the irony, making her way through the walkways. She is careful to avoid Jinkyung, Eunji, and Nana; the tallest one dances Infinite’s dance routine after hours on end rewatching the music video. Eunji’s singing voice is heard above the crowd’s screaming, resonant and confident, the reason she is the infamous “die-hard” of Busan High. Nana, the shortest, waved her hands and a poster with the “INFINITE” emblems and the faces of each of the Infinite members. Their love for those seven boys are evident. Everyone knew that they loved them to the point where it annoyed their own parents.

Youngmi is certain she can do the same thing: scream happily that she’s those few of the lucky fans that are able to afford seeing Infinite up close, if it wasn’t for that her reputation that’s on the line. Student council president has it’s cons and it’s often tiring, trying to balance it with the expectations of her family and this secret of hers.

She closes her eyes, pulling down the collar of her raincoat, thinking, why. Inhale, exhale. This isn’t something anyone would approve of in Busan High, much less crying from the cool, confident President. Youngmi amuses herself at the faces and judgmental stares she would receive—and, of course, from her family.

Raising her eyelids, President Jung stares at the Infinite stage and smiles. Right now, she is not President of Busan High, nor is she the daughter of the prestigious Jung family of Busan.

She’s just Jung Youngmi.

A fan of Infinite.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“I don’t know who's more pitiful. You or Baekhyun.” Inguk states, slamming down the line cards, screaming out an ah-ha! towards Baekhyun’s unamused expression. “I win, for the seventeenth time! Beat that!”

“I really don’t want to beat that though.”

Seolju is also unamused, scribbling angrily down the answers of her math homework, “I’m not pitiful!” She screeches, bangs flying in the air, “How am I pitiful. Ha, ha, I don’t know what you’re talking about, ha, ha. Who is pitiful? What is the meaning of pitiful? Can I eat that?”

Shim Seolju is officially pitiful.

Before anyone can open their mouth to retort something ridiculous, Eunji’s mother rushes into the living room, carrying a large basket full of ingredients for... is that kimbap? She smiles happily at the pitiful trio, ushering to sit beside her as she sets down everything.

“While you’re all still here, help me make some kimbap, we’re having guests over.” Eunji’s mother starts out as Baekhyun turns on the television, “And boys, weren’t you supposed to recor—”

“We’re here!” A loud voice shouts, and Baekhyun lets out a small wail of frustration.

Jung Kyori struts into the house, smiling happily as she drags an reluctant girl with a slim physique and brown hair that’s barely below her shoulders. “Are you sure I can come here.”

“Of course, the more the merrier.” Kyori replies as Baekhyun stands up.

“No, not the more the merrier. Minki and Kris—” He starts only to be hit by a ball of rice.

“Kris?!” Seolju screeches, as Inguk flinches. Thank you for screaming in my ear, he thinks, glaring at the oblivious but surprised stricken female.

“Yes, Kris,” Baekhyun repeats sarcastically.

“But—” And the doorbell rang; when did you become friends with Kris. Seolju gathers her homework and textbook in her arms quickly because perhaps she can finish it in Eunji’s room. If I can hurry, she thinks, maybe he won't see me.

Kris,” Baekhyun greets.

The other male is tall (—really tall), wearing a plain white-tee and a gray cardigan that seems to fit perfectly on him, Baekhyun thinks, suddenly wishing he was that tall.

“I would appreciate if you let me in instead of gawking at me like I’m your first love.”

Baekhyun makes a deadpan expression before moving out of the way, mumbling to himself, “Ha, what? Me? What first love? I’m not in love with anyone. Ha, ha, so funny. Kris you're hilarious.” 

Kris decides to ignore the shorter boy, looking past him to the girl turning the knob of a door. The corner of his mouth curls after a moment. “Seolju,” he states, holding in his laughter when she noticeably froze.

She turns around, meeting his eyes. “Kris,” she manages weakly, sinking to the floor. He casually salutes her, amusing in the fact that she’s holding her breath. Eunji’s mother, being a flexible person, welcomed the group of teenagers warmly. They were going to help her make the kimbap, because who couldn’t decline an elder without doing it politely?

“There’s a baseball game today, right?” Kyori says.

“Why do you think everyone came here, smart one?” Baekhyun responds, stopping on the sports channel.

“Says the one that forgot to order fried chicken.”

Baekhyun mutely mocks Kyori, hands in the air, eyes rolling, “Whatever.”

The negative atmosphere settles into the room as Eunji’s mother lets out an awkward laugh, “Alright, now.” She claps her hands together before smiling, “Help me make some kimbap and we can watch the baseball game.”

Everyone grunts in agreement, along with Seolju, who doesn’t even like baseball; she sighs, trying to go as far away from the blonde as possible.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Park Chanyeol believes it’s not very surprising that he at his studies.

It’s also quite not surprising when Chanyeol finds the famous goodie two-shoes Jung Youngmi being the last to exit the latest Infinite concert while picking up his little sister.

He is just at the right place, at the wrong time.

“Aigoo, where’s that midget sasaeng?” He mutters, looking around the area, obviously agitated. His mother is going to kill him if he didn’t bring her precious daughter back, happy, healthy, and alive. Chanyeol groans in frustration, pacing back and forth on pavement. It is growing to be colder by the minute and soon the only thing that lights up are the street lamps and city signs. The wind doesn’t help him either, and it whips his hair in different directions. He rolls his eyes.

“Here’s your money and you don’t need to pay me back.”

“Are you sure?” His ears perk up at his sister’s high voice, and he turns towards her voice.

“Mhm, just be safe,” says the faceless person. Her sister grins, giving her a hug, not noticing Chanyeol at all.

“Thank you!” She enters the cab and closes the door.

“You’re welcome. Ahjussi, take care of her, please?” The taxi driver gives her a reassuring smile, nodding. Chanyeol watches as his sister driven off to home, where his mother would probably praise her for being intelligent enough to go home by cab. Whereas he would be scolded.

He taps the stranger’s shoulder; her head ends where his collarbones were at, barely reaching his chin. She has short hair, he could tell, hidden beneath a baseball cap too big for her head. And like the rest of the fans, she wears the jacket his sister wore: an “INFINITE” emblem printed on the back. “Excuse me.”

She turns around, eyes widening beneath her hat. Park Chanyeol.

“I’m really sorry you had to pay for her drive,” he scratches the back of his head sheepishly, offering a clumsy smile, “She’s my little sister so—”

“Oh, no it’s okay, don’t worry about it, it’s fine!” Her voice is eager, nervous and she waves her hands, keeping her head low so Chanyeol can’t see her eyes.

“But maybe I can pay you back?”

She walks past him slowly and her steps are gradual. “It's fine really!”

“Are you sure? Because I have—”

“Absolut—” She tries to reply back.

A gust of wind blows her baseball hat off, sending it to an obscure area on the other side of the road. Her heart skips a beat; his jaw drops.

“President Jung?!”

Oh no.

Park Chanyeol believes he has 20/20 vision, he does not need glasses though he wears thick rimmed glasses with the lenses anyways.

But right now, he can’t exactly trust his eyes. Standing before him is the famous senior president of Busan High, miss goodie mary-sue Jung Youngmi. He doesn’t know whether to laugh or cry in happiness. Caught red-handed huh.

 


author note oh my god, the second chapter is finally out. we seriously just like don't know what just happened like seriously, we were finally getting motivated and wanted to finish this so we can like make you all happy WOW I AM NOT MAKING SENSE ANYMORE SO ENJOY. beta-ed like once because carpe diem (oh and do listen to the soundtrack)