✩ : chapter four。

✩ : come back to me。+ the story continues

 

SHUT UP BYUN BAEKHYUN

Because it’s you, yeah,
because it’s you, yeah, oh why~
am I worried and worried
I get this pathetic because
i think something’s going to go wrong,
that you’re going to go the wrong way

In most conversations, Kang Jinju doesn’t open .

She nods her head or she shakes it, shrugging her shoulders or covering while she laughs. Which makes her a great listener, to what most people appreciate with a, “thanks, Jinju,” and she would smile sweetly. But, with Jung Kyori and Byun Baekhyun, she’s a third-wheel to their clashing opinions on a person. More specifically: Kim Junmyeon—or Suho.

“What the hell are you talkin’ about?” Kyori exclaims, her chopsticks almost dropping from her hands. “Suho is anything but admirable. The first time I met him, he gave me unnecessary attitude.”

Baekhyun ignores her with a flick of his wrist. “Obviously because he hates you.”

She refrains from smacking him, but it’s tempting. “Tell me, dear Byun Baekhyun, how do you hate someone upon sight?”

Shrugging, Baekhyun stuffs his mouth with kimchi and rice, “It’s your face. It’s always your face."

“I have a fanbase in this school that worships my face.”

“Seems like it’s been awhile since you’ve checked your fancafe because it’s current membership status is a negative haha you seriously thought.”

“Uh, yeah I did, I don’t ever remember Suho having only one member in his fancafe.” Kyori raises an eyebrow.

Jinju opens , “Guys, are we really fighting ov—”

“More members than your fancafe will ever have,” Baekhyun retaliates, eyes narrowing. “No one disses Suho-senpai.

For a moment, Kyori glares back at the taller boy, a thick silence settling over them. “You’re such a weeaboo, ya know that?” she mumbles.

“Telling me I’m a weeaboo won’t make you anymore kawaii so shut up,” Baekhyun stuffs more rice into his mouth, grumbling, “But it’s not like you were ever kawaii in the first place.”

Kyori responds by stuffing instant noodles in and shaking her head. So you’ve finally found something to like other than Jinkyung. Nice job, Baek.

Jinju continues to sip her soymilk and rests her head on her palm, staring at nothing in particular. Kim Junmyeon is a familiar name to her; he’d helped her get around the place and thanks to him, she made it to her first class in Busan High.

“Need help around?”

Her jaw drops slightly, the embarrassment apparent on her face. “We-Well, I just—yeah, if you don’t mind?”

He smiles at her warmly and gestures for her to follow him. “What class do you have first?”

“English class.”

“It should be right about... here.” He points at the open door a few feet away from him.

“Oh,” Jinju smiles at him sheepishly. “Thank you... ?”

“Suho, Junmyeon, most people call me Suho.”

“Junmyeon it is then.”

“And you are?”

“Kang Jinju.”

“—Ju, Jinju, earth to Jinjuuuu.” The Jung waves a hand in front of her.

“What?” She snaps out of her daydream. “Oh, what is it?”

Kyori and Baekhyun share a skeptical face, unknowingly agreeing on something. “Who’s your favorite INFINITE member?”

“Uh, well, I don’t have one?”

“YOU POOR, DEPRIVED CHILD!” Kyori inches closer to her, while she slides closer to the edge of the seat. “You really need to come to a concert with me.”

“Jinju!”

All three glance in where the voice came from; Baekhyun knows it from anywhere. He probably has an audio of that voice in his phone somewhere.

Junmyeon? He waves a hand at Jinju—to which Baekhyun’s jaw drops.

“I guess Senpai didn’t notice you,” Kyori mumbles, idly taking a sip from her milk carton. Baekhyun growls in annoyance, raising his fist every so slightly before dropping it. You can’t hit Kyori, he reminds himself, that’d be animal cruelty.

Jinju doesn’t hear this and waves back at Junmyeon, in which he returns with a sincere smile.

“That smile should be directed at me,” Baekhyun grumbles, now poking at his leftover kimchi.

Kyori slaps Baekhyun’s arm, clucking her tongue, “Oh shut up. Obviously the two are shooting some kind of cliche drama right now. Do what all viewers do, stay a viewer.” 

“Don’t tell me what to do,” Baekhyun snaps only to earn a cackle from Kyori.

“But you let Jinkyung boss you around.”

She raises an eyebrow as Baekhyun flicks a piece of kimchi at Kyori, huffing, “Jinkyung is not a human being. She’s the spawn of Satan, handed to the Jung family in a basket with a note saying ‘haha ers’. She’s a whole different story.”

Kyori gives Baekhyun a repulsed look as she grabs the kimchi off of her uniform skirt, “You’re disgusting. And you’re paying for my dry cleaning.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Morning runs are perfect for Busan in early-spring. The sun is only rising, turning the sky into a painting of gradient blue, violet, and yellow. Some cars are backing out of the driveway, driven by nerves calmed by coffee. There’s a cool mist in the air that put dew drops on leaves and make joggers lack sweat they would perspire in the afternoon.

It’s also perfect for Shim Seolju to go on her runs discreetly.

That is until she runs head first into Kris aka ‘kid-who-acts-like-he’s-dumb-but-is-actually-first-place-like-what-the-’.

He grunts at the impact, taken aback by the force of such a thin frame. His face rearranges itself into an arrogant sneer as he figures out who it is.

“So the thing does do other stuff than study.”

She takes a moment longer to compose herself, but her mind registers the deep voice and blonde hair quicker; she tenses, but tries to hide this. Seolju glares up at him; there’s many things to hate about Kris, but his towering height is one she doesn’t like most in particular. Even if she is 170 centimeters.

“What are you doing here?” Her arms cross over her chest, ignoring the fact that he’s surveying her with painstaking apparentness.

It’s not everyday you see the used-to-be-first-in-place clad in a tank and sweats. Probably the best interpretation of “form-fitting” she could ever get.

“Your forehead is crying.”

“It’s called sweat .”

“I know what it is.”

“Then why—” Seolju looks ready to snap at Kris only to be cut off.

“I hope those tears of Satan fall into your eyes.”

Seolju bows her head and pinches the bridge of her nose. Her day, honestly, couldn’t have started off more horribly than this. I’m going to have to change my route, ugh.

“I hope Satan brings you down a number when I reach first place.”

He snorts derisively, looking more condescending than ever. “Like that’ll ever happen, Soju.”

“It’s Seolju, Kris.”

“Soju now on,” he pauses, leaning closer to stare down at her, to emphasize on the height difference. His voice takes on a lower tone. “Jinkyung told me all about that time in that karaoke place where you drank too much and was almost taken home by a stranger, Soju.”

She is fuming by now, brows furrowing and jaw tightening either from the fact that her best friend had betrayed her and told Kris about the unspeakable memory or the fact that Jinkyung is friends with Kris, like what. He smirks at her reaction, patting her head once, twice, thri—she slaps his hand away. There’s a clap in the air, from the contact of her palm to his face. Kris stares at her in shock, hair ruffled, a flushed face, and heaving chest.

Seolju strides past him before returning into her jogging pace.

Kris puts a hand to where she slapped him. “Well aren’t you just a feisty little girl,” he mutters, narrowing his eyes at her retreating form.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jung Kyori’s short legs don’t carry her far, but from dancing for so long with too many hours of practice, they’re almost rhythmic with each step.

Then there’s the stampede of boys with hearts in their eyes and chocolate and cake even though it’s not White Day. It’s almost like something from a B-list anime, but a hot guy chased by innumerable fangirls. Or a girl in a sailor suit chased by monsters. The footfalls make out a three syllable beat that’s eerily similar to her name, Jung Kyo-ri. She frowns because, oh God they’re that obsessed.

She looks back and closing in on her by fifty feet are deranged males.

Kyori turns a sharp left in the direction of the fine arts building.

Kim Jongin doesn’t think at all when he dances.

As the Western music resonates along the walls of the mirrored room, his agile feet glide across the wooden floor, a hundred muscles working together for him to move so. The song is “Rock With You.” Michael Jackson’s voice guides him like a puppeteer, pulling his arms here, flicking his head there—complex ornamentations.

Mid-step into switching his feet, outside the dance studio, there’s a beat that intrudes into the song. Jongin pauses and glances at the door.

“Kyori-ah!” Male voices say in unison. “Accept my love!”

Jongin slides the door open with a bang, staring at the number of males with chocolates and cards. A single girl, rather pretty as well, backs into a wall, obviously not wanted their advances.

“You’re kidding, right?” He sneers at the males.

The ruckus stops for a moment, aside from a few whispers here and there of isn’t that dance prodigy Kim Jongin?

“Pathetic,” Jongin says loudly (and rather obnoxiously), “I’ve seen prettier girls confessing to me than her. Stop wasting your time, shut up, get a life and leave my sanctity in which I like to call the dance studio.”

It takes a matter of a few seconds for the crowd of males to leave but Kyori stays. She stays with an offended look, eyebrows furrowed (in a cute way, she thinks haughtily to herself).

Did he just indirectly called me ugly? I am not, in no—

“You’re Baekhyun’s friend right?” Jongin asks with a bored tone, his back facing against her.

“No—wait, yes but no I’m—” Kyori tries to reply only to have the doors of the dance studio slammed in her face.

Rude.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“And I swear to God, he just slams the doo—” Kyori looks on the verge of rage quitting, tips of her ears red and tints of red on her cheeks.

“Look,” Baekhyun interjects, waving his newly manicured hand in the air, feigning excitement, “There’s really new cool thing and everyone is using it. I’ve been using it too lately and it’s called I don’t care.”

The two are sitting in front of each other during break. Kyori had invited Jinkyung if it weren’t for the fact that she was caught skipping school and had to clean her homeroom teacher’s classroom.

“You’re the ing worst,” Kyori snaps. “I’d rather have Jinri here than you, and that’s saying a lot of things right now Byun Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun closes his mouth, adding in an unnoticeable rolling of the eyes, but he still shuts up. Kyori calling him by his full name is rare, this kind of stuff only happens once in a blue moon. Jung Kyori calling people by their full name means nothing ever good is going to happen. 

Before the either of them can say anything, Seolju slides onto the spot right next to Kyori, taking a bite from her ham and cheese sandwich. “Did I miss anything? Or are the two of you bickering because if so, don’t tell me anything.”

“We weren’t fighting,” Baekhyun says, “Kyori was just being an idiot.”

“I am not an idiot.”

“Are too.”

“Where’s Jinkyung, and Inguk, and the rest of the hopeless crew?” Seolju says, swiftly changing the topic because she doesn’t think she can handle anymore stupidity.

“Well the Prez is coming over right now with Jinju. I guess that leaves Nana,” Kyori notifies.

“What about Jinkyung?” Seolju questions even if she probably knows the answer to it.

“Got in trouble with the teacher. I swear if she keeps this up, she’ll get held back,” Youngmi says, taking a seat next to Baekhyun, who’s currently stuffing his face with rice.

Baekhyun raises his head, chewing vigorously on his rice. “Thafs aughsum.”

Youngmi and Kyori send him a look of disgust, “Ugh, Baekhyun don’t chew with your mouth open, you look more hideous than you already do.”

Baekhyun ends up choking on his rice, spitting some onto the table. 


author note oMFG WHAT IS THIS!!!! iTS BEEN SO LONG AND WE'RE SO SORRY WE GOT SIDETRACKED AND STUFF AND OK 2K OF PURE "WTF" SINCE APPARENTLY ALL WE CAN DO IS CRACK AND WE STILL NEED TO WORK ON OUR ROMANCE AND FLUFF STUFF!!! but seriously we hope you guys enjoy this chapter!!! shh don't worry nana and youngmi we're gonna write the next chap for u guys B)