The Story of Yoona: Why Him?

SoShi Tales

I feel like I should regret it. What if he doesn’t like me back? What will happen to our friendship? Just because of this, our friendship will be destroyed. I should.. I wish I can just stop my feelings for him.

Yoona can’t think properly. She was about to tell what she really feels about Taecyeon. With a big courage and hope she was about to tell it. Yoona was worrying because Taecyeon is her best friend. But more likely a brother. Since grade school they were friends. Taecyeon always help Yoona when they were at grade school.  One time, Yoona was bullied in their school, Taecyeon beat up every guy who bullied Yoona that cause Yoona to have a big wound on her knees. Since Yoona can’t walk because of the wound, Taecyeon just piggy back her. Whenever Yoona or Taecyeon have a problem, they tell it to each other. Whenever they can’t get their homework, they will tutor each other. The other thing about them is that they treat each other as rivals. They once got a swimming competition and both of them have cramps so they decided to mark it as tie. They have very crazy competitions like burger eating contest, sweep the whole school, and pump all the balls in their school gym, perfect all of their quizzes and much more.

One time Yoona was chased by a big dog, Taecyeon saved her even though he was bit by the dog.  Nothing would ever break their bond, like real brother and sisters. And that is the thing that Yoona is scared off. What if because of her feelings, she will just broke this unbreakable bond of acquaintance.

“What if this feeling is just confusion since we are really close? What if the thinks that I just used our friendship? What if he doesn’t like me” back? What if our friendship will never be restored again? Just what if?”

Yoona wore her favorite shirt that Taecyeon gave to her during her 19th birthday. She was ready. The more she delays it, the more she is just getting confused about it. She has to risk everything just to tell the truth. She doesn’t want to fool around and still be best friends to someone she knows more than a friend to her. She went out, pray and look at the blue sky showing a good sign of weather then rode her bike. She was ready.

She went to their favorite place where they first met, near the riverbank. She texted Taecyeon to come.

*Hello Taecyeon, would you mind to come here at the river bank? I wanna tell something ^__^

 

Then she clicked send.

**Beep. Beep

“Oh, he replied immediately.”

*Oh sure Yoong, I wanna tell something too.

Yoona was a bit surprised that Taecyeon wants to tell something too. Her worries just added.

 

After a few minutes Taecyeon arrived.

“Hello Taecyeon oppa!”

“Hello!!”

As soon as they saw each other, they sat beside each other. They let the refreshing wind touch them as it blows very calmly. They still wait a few minutes and remained silent while enjoying the beauty of the place. Yoona thought that it might be the last time that they will be like that so she must enjoy that time efficiently.

“I want to tell something.” Both of them say it at the same time.

They suddenly looked at each other and laugh.

“You go first.” Yoona said.

“No, you should go first.” Taecyeon answered.

“Nope, go first.” Yoona insisted.

“Oh fine, let’s just do Rock, paper, scissors to decide. Who will ever lose must go first.” Taecyeon suggested.

“Okay, it is fine with me.” Yoona agreed and smiled.

“Okay here we go.”Taecyeon said.

“ROCK PAPER SCISSORS Kyaa!”

Yoona was scissors and Taecyeon was paper.

“You lose, so you need to go first.” Yoona said.

“Okay,Are you willing to listen?” Taecyeon asked.

“Of course, start now.” Yoona replied.

“So, uhmm I liked a girl.”

Yoona’s heart burst. Her tears are starting to grow but she has to hold it back. She just can’t believe what Taecyeon said. Her heart just shattered.

“Continue.” Yoona said.

“So yeah I liked her. We were close friends. Since we started being friends I can’t deny the fact that I started to like her since then.”

“Then, she is special. Right Taecyeon oppa?”

“Yes, and I think it is now the right time to confess to her.”

“Then you should tell her it right away because some other boys might confess to her too.”

“Okay, but I don’t know how. Can I practice it to you?”

“Oh sure sure!”

Yoona was full of pretending. Her heart is turning into ashes.

“So here it goes. You know, from the first day I met you, I know somehow you will change my life. Since that day, I know you have a big space in my heart. Since that day, I know that I liked you so much. Until now I just can’t deny that I really fell in love with you. Your smile was perfect, your attitude was nice and your looks were just a big extra for your perfection. From the start I want to tell this, I love you.”

“Hey it was perfect Taecyeon oppa. I’m so sure that she will like you too! When will you tell her that?”

“I just told it to her, just now.”

Both of them blushed. And Yoona was speechless. Yoona’s tear started to fall as she hugged Taecyeon so hard.

“So what was that you want to tell me Yoona?” Taecyeon asked.

Yoona whispered, “I want to tell that I love you too.”