The Chronicles of Yuri: Eternal

SoShi Tales

“Ladies and gentlemen! Let me hear the crowd roar!!!! This is another street dance competition! Put in your bets and let’s start the party.”

 

-11 p.m, different people gather up to witness the weekly dance show dance. You just have to dance, and let people bet their moneys and you will earn money as easy as that.

“Hey where are you? I can hear such loud crowds there. Are you in a concert?”

“No,remember that dance battle I told you before. I’m there right now.”

“So you did really join?”

“You might just don’t know, I might really win this stuff. I really need money. Just go here okay?”

“Promise to treat me after this?”

“Yeah, yeah sure.”

 

Choi Minho is just another happy-go-lucky student who gets hit by broomstick every time he goes home late. And it looks like another night for him to go home late. He is quite trying his luck on this dance battle.

“Minho, I’m already here.”

“Good.”

“Woah, there are a lot of good dancers here.”

“Yeah, but they probably lacks something. But l like that one over there. He is Eunhyuk. He is really great. And that one named Hyoyeon , she can really dance great.”

“Oh really, hmmm hey you are next.”

“Yah, I know. Just wait over there.”

 

[FAST FORWARD AFTER MINHO’S PERFORMANCE.]

“Hey that was awesome!!”

“Thanks,”

“Girls were roaring and cheering. They were like crazy.”

“Hahaha, really?”

“Hey Minho, that girl looks so pretty.”

“She looks careless tome.”

“But she really is pretty right? She is my type.”

“Yeah..yeah.”

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, let’s welcome the next contestant, “The Black Pearl.””

“What a lame nickname..pssht.” Minho said.

“So Miss Black Pearl, what are you going to do if you won this?”

“I’m going to drink until I can’t remember anything.”

 “Woah, Miss Black Pearl has really something.”

 

“That woman is crazy, she want to spend her money just to drink. That’s insane. Everyone wants that money and she is just going to spend it to drink.”

“If she won the money, it’s hers already. She can do whatever she want to it.”

“But still, that’s wrong. And she is a girl anyway.”

“Ssshh!!Quiet,she is starting. Omo, she is a goddess in dancing.”

“She’s good.”

“She’s great!! I will bet for her!”

“Hey wait!!”

[AFTER THE PERFORMANCE]

“Woah, did you her finishing moving? It was awesome!!”

“Yeah whatever.”

“Ha! You’re jealous she is a greater dancer!”

“Hey! I didn’t say that!”

“But it’s obvious!”

“Ladies and gentlemen, we are about to announce the winner!!”

“Hey hey you,quiet!!”

“And now the winner is!! None other than the crowd’s favorite! The Black Pearl!”

“See that!!She won!!!My bet won!!I’m going to treat you some food!!!”

“What she really won?!!Whaaat?! She just use her charm, she just use her beauty.”

“That is a natural talent.”

“What the heck.”

[2:30 A.M,MINHO AND HIS WENT TO DRINK THEN GO HOME AFTER]

“My mom would be angry again,aishh. I did not even won.”

Minho went to the terminal to go home.

“Hey that girl is…Hey what the heck is she doing?!?!! Is she trying to kill herself?”

Minho rushed and went to the girl.

“Hey what is your problem? You just almost fell in the road and kill yourself! Are you crazy?”

There were no responses from her. She was really red and she has no conscious at all.

“Ughh.. you are really drank. Where do you live? Do you have any IDs with you?”

………..

“Aish, it is no use talking to you. Taxi!!”

 

Both of them rode the taxi. Minho was clueless where to bring this girl. He had no choice but to bring at home.

          It was almost 3:30 a.m when they arrive at Minho’s home.

“MINHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! WHERE THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN?!?!AND IT’S ALREADY MORNING!!HUH WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?” Minho’s mother  kept screaming as soon as she saw her son and kept running towards him with a broomstick.

“Mom let me explain okay? So I saw this girl who is a bit drunk on the road and she almost fell into the road and kill herself but thanks to me I saved her. She can’t answer where she lives so I brought her here instead of being alone in the road.” Minho answered.

“Are you making stories?”

“Ofcourse not mom!! Why would I?”

“That girl looks pretty. You should take care of her.”

“Fine, fine. I will move her on the living room.”

“On the living room?? Are you crazy idiot boy? Move her into your bedroom.”

“Then where do I supposed to sleep?”

“In the living room, don’t be silly.”

“But why me?”

“Be a gentlemen. That’s the reason why you don’t have any girl friends. Move her now in the bedroom.”

“Fine fine.”

Minho carried the girl into his bedroom. Then suddenly…

“Hey…hey..is she awake?”

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

PT.2

“Mmm….ughh”

“Hey, hey miss, are you fine?”

“Minho!!Put that girl down immediately! I will change her clothes. She is sweaty all over.”

“Fine fine.”

Minho put down the girl into his bed then mother immediately come into his room.

“What are you waiting? Go away now! SHUU SHUUU SHUU!!!”

“She was making me go away like a dog. Pshhhhhht.”

“What was that you were saying?”

“None. I was just going in the living room. Hehe.”

 

“Aish, that girl always puts me in trouble. Now I need to sleep in the sofa. *Yawns* ,ughh it’s almost 4 in the morning. Uhmm..hey.. wait..where the heck is my phone. Aww..right I dropped it in my room why carrying that nuisance.”

Minho walked back into his room to get his phone and then…

“Hmm..Where did I drop my phone? Oh right there.”

Minho reached for his phone then suddenly it moved. He heard a little groan.

“Mmmmm….What is that?”

“Hey the stupid girl woke up.”

His phone started vibrating.

“Wait, what the heck? Hey stop you phone.”

He gently get his phone then suddenly the girl started kicking and pushing and act violently.

“Ughh..what are you doing?”

“Hey what the!!!!!Why are?!!!”

“WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

“I didn’t see anything.”

“Hey you stupid what am I doing here?”

“Oh none, except that you were almost dead and I saved you and I was concern to you that’s why you are here.”

“Then why am I?Arghh what did you do?”

“No I didn’t do anything. Promise, I didn’t do okay? Calm down.”

“You are lying!!!”

“How can you know it if you are drunk? You are such a dumb.”

“How the can you dare tell me that?! You stupid cow face! You are just jealous that I won the dance competition and now you want to ruin my reputation!”

“Of course not!! Mom!!!!!”

“Haha, now you are calling your mom! Coward cow!”

“Oh what is it Minho? Oh you are already awake dear, you were sweaty all over so I removed your clothes and I prepared a warm bath for you.”

“See, I told you so. I will not do anything harmful to you.”

“But it is not good to sneak in here since I already told you that I will change her clothes.”

“Can you go away pedo guy?”

“What now you are calling me pedo?!?!”

“Hey just go away Minho.”

“Fine fine.”

 

…………………………………………………..

[11:30 a.m]

 

“Aww, that girl is just something that bothers me. I regret saving her.”

“Minho, get up now. Lunch is ready.”

“Fine, fine I’m going there.”

 

Minho gets up out of the couch where he slept and head to the dining room.

“Hey, hey. Why is she still here? You should go home now. Your parents might worry about you.” Minho said with an obvious pissed off tone.

“No worries.” She said while smiling to offend a bit Minho.

“I’m living alone, my parents moved in a nearby province a month ago and I’m the only to stay here because of my studies.”

“Oh how sad, though you can still live here alone. I bet you miss them so much. How strong of you.” Minho’s mom said.

“Oh it’s nothing.” She said with a half smile.

“Then why are you eating lunch with us?” Minho asked while still being pissed off.

“Oh come on Minho, a little share won’t be bad. I bet she was starving.” Minho’s mother said.

“But she was just drunk the whole night.” Minho whispered.

“What was that you were saying Minho?” His mother said.

“None! I said I wanna eat now.” Minho said for an excuse.

Later that afternoon.

“Hey hey, you. What are you doing there?”

“Sitting. Isn’t it’s obvious?”

“I know, but why are you still not going home?”

“I just don’t want to.”

“Why?”

“To forget somehow.”

“Forget what?”

*Phone suddenly vibrates.

“Ugh, hey my auntie is calling. Hello, oh another one again. How many times should I reject? I said no, I would never. No auntie, sorry. I’d rather okay? Bye.”

“Hey, that was unrespectful.”

She smirked.

“No it is not unrespectful, I was trying to be frank. I just hate that she keeps bragging me on things I don’t like.”

“And what was that thing?”

“Dating.”

“Well, I figured somehow you were heart broken or you were dumped or cheated that’s why you were drunk.”

“Hahaha, really.”

“But you look like a player to me. Well, for a girl like you, it is very unusual that someone will cheat on you. Oh…or maybe your boyfriend refuse..”

She cut was Minho said right away. “Hey no, you are such a pedo. Honestly, I never had a boyfriend, an affair or whatever so shut up.”

“Then why where you crying or something or forgetting?”

“Would you listen to this non-sense story? Uhmm, it has been a while since I haven’t told anyone about this and my heart feels heavy about it.”

“Okay go,”

“So 15 years ago, I’ve met someone..”

“What 15 years ago? Then probably you were like 5 years old.”

“Uhmm yeah.”

“Okay, continue.”

“I’ve someone who can finally understand me. So there were those stupid kids who were bullying me, so I ran away and hide to get away from them. I hide inside a dome like stuff there. I stayed there until it was quiet to make sure no one is there. But eventually I was so weak and tired I fell asleep. When I woke up it was raining hard, I cannot go out. It was a very hard rain with big lightning and thunder, and as a kid I can never go out for such a scary place. So I just waited inside. It was so cold, it was very cold. Then suddenly, I heard footsteps coming then I saw a little boy about my age with an umbrella. Then he told me that he saw me there earlier, he was also bullied so he stayed there and hide. Then afterwards he went home then it rained hard. He remembered that I might still be there so he went back and checked and saw me. I felt like for the first time someone was caring for me, I felt like I wasn’t the only one, I wasn’t alone. After a few days we really hang out a lot and we were really close. But after a few weeks, I can rarely see him in the playground. I became lonely and gloomy again. Everyday I’m expecting to see him again, but my hopes was turned down. Then one day I saw him again.”

“And she already had a girlfriend…..”

“Of course not, he told me he will leave our place the next day. But he told me to wait. He will come back.”

“But promises are supposed to be broken. There is a small chance to meet him again.”

“But we made a pinky promise.”

“He was young that time, maybe he forgot about it.”

“We even made a contract. I still have it.”

“Aish, why are you relying for a 15 year old promise made by non-sense kid that probably forgotten. You should at least go out and date. You’re putting too much faith on that thing.”

“Okay, but I will not let go that promise. I cannot. So please excuse me, I need to go home and feed my turtles.”

“Oh,uhmm can I get your number?”

“Ah..why?”

“Uhm..nothing. I just want to.”

“Okay,here is it.”

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“I probably hate her feelings. Ughh I don’t know why but what she said sounds so familiar. Wait don’t tell me.”

Minho quickly stood up and went to the attic.

“Ughh, I know I throw it here somewhere. Where is it? Where? Oh there.”

Minho picked up an old dusty small box. He went downstairs with box and went straightly to his room. He carefully looked at every item in the box even it was very dusty and dirty.

“Finally, I found it. I thought I throw it out.”

He quickly texted the girl to meet him up tomorrow.

**

Uhm, hey. This is Minho. Can you go tomorrow at the nearby ice cream shop here? The one with pink tables. And please do bring that contract you were telling.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“No Auntie, I won’t be dating him or anyone. Okay? Bye.”

“What was that your auntie again?”

“As usual, why did you want to see me?”

“To show this.”

“Wait that is..It looks exactly as mine.”

“Yep.”

“Don’t tell me..”

Tears started to grow on her eyes. She holds it for a moment.

“Why do you have it too Minho?”

“Maybe because I sealed a promise 15 years ago.”

“But…..”

She quickly run to Minho and hugged him so tightly. She cannot hold it back and let the tears fall.

“Can I tell you something? Can we go over there? I want to tell you something.”

Both of them walked towards a place Minho was talking about and it was the playground.

“I wanna tell you something. Maybe 15 years ago I thought you will not believe in this promise, you will not take it seriously. But you did.”

 

Suddenly he was interrupted as the rain falls slowly, disguising Minho’s tears.

 

“I wanna tell you, let’s me again five years from now. Start dating someone. Try to be different. Don’t up yourself for an unsure promise. There will always be someone else perfect for you, and it is not me.”

“Pinky promise?”

“I promise.”

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“After about a year as I discovered the girl I saved was her, she started dating but she still dumps them. Her auntie keeps on keep making her meet different boys but it seems that nothing touched her taste.”

“Minho!!Hey be prepared!! My friend recommended a girl for you to date.”

“Yes,yes. I’m coming.”

“I honestly don’t have any interest on dating someone. I’m more focused on dancing. But anyway, what’s the hurt if I try.”

Minho rode the train and went to restaurant that was instructed by her mother.

 

“Oh hello, you might be the son of my friend right? You are Minho right? This is my niece.”

“Uhm..hello? Hehe, I’m Minho.”

The girl stood up from a chair that was not facing Minho. She stood up smiled and introduced herself.

“Hello. It’s been a long time since I haven’t saw you in a while. I think I haven’t formally introduced myself before. I’m Kwon Yuri.”

Yes, she was the drunk girl who almost killed herself before.

“I think I was destined to saw him again. In every other way, even the world will turn upside down. I will still meet him. Because we were fated for each other.”