The Game Got Real

The Game Got Real

Bom: TOP-ah, don't you feel lonely sometimes? It's like all of our friends has a girlfriend or a boyfriend except us. Don't you think that we're like the left-overs?

TOP: Yeah, I agree. We're like the only ones that doesn't have our special half in our life.

Bom: So I'm not the only one that thinks that way huh?

TOP: Yup, definitely. Aren't you curious about how being in love feels like? I'm always wondering and being curious about it. I've always wanted to try it with someone special.

Bom: Of course I've wondered how it feels like. To be honest, I've never dated anybody in my life before. I only had crushes.

TOP: Hmm... why not let's play a game? I'll be your boyfriend and you be my girlfriend for 30 days.

Bom: That's a great idea! Since my schedule isn't that tight this month, let's do it!

TOP: Okay!

DAY 1 - They watched their first movie together.

DAY 6 - They went to the beach and had a picnic. They watched the sunset together and TOP sent Bom home.

DAY 14 - TOP brought Bom to an amusement park and they went into the haunted house. Bom was scared so she grabbed TOP's hand. That was the first time they held hands.

DAY 19 - They saw a fortune teller when they're on the way to their newly married close friend - CL & GD's house warming party. Bom requested to ask the fortune teller for some future advices. TOP thought that it was fun and he was curious too so he agreed to it. The fortune teller said and sighed: "Young man and young woman, treasure your time together. Spend the rest of your time together happily".

DAY 21 - TOP said that he'll treat Bom a delicious meal. They went on the bus, the road was bumpy. The bus jumped when Bom was talking to TOP while facing him... and there goes their first kiss.

DAY 28 - Bom was feeling down as her parents quarreled again. She called TOP and cried on the phone while telling him about everything. TOP wanted to cheer her up and he offered to bring her to a shopping mall and buy her everything she wants.

DAY 29, 10:00pm - TOP brought Bom back to the place where they decided to play this game.

TOP: Hey, noona, want some drinks?

Bom: Sure! Apple juice please.

TOP: Okay. Be good and wait for me here.

20 minutes later, a stranger approached Bom. He looks like he just ran 10 miles.

Stranger: A-are you.. TOP's friend?

Bom: Yeah. Why? How do you know me? Calm down and breathe. You seem so out of breath.

Stranger: T-TOP g-got in an accident. The ambulance is c-coming soon.

Bom: What?! Where is he? Take me there now!

The stranger brought Bom to where TOP had his accident. Bom cried and ran to TOP when she saw him. TOP was laying on the ground, bleeding profusely. He used all his energy he had to move his hand in his pocket and grabbed a piece of paper and a packet of apple juice covered with blood out of his pocket and passed it to Bom.

TOP: This...

Bom: What's this?

TOP: A-a-apple juice... and m-my letter.... to you...

TOP fainted after passing Bom the letter and apple juice. The ambulance arrived.

Later in the hospital, Bom unfolded the paper TOP passed to her before he pass out. The letter wrote:

"Bom, these past few weeks together with you, I realised you're actually a very cute and nice girl. I think I'm falling for you, your smile, your everything. Before this game ends, I want you to be my girlfriend officially. Be by my side forever. I'll take care of you well, I promise. Iloveyou. I really do..

-TOP"

Bom cried harder after reading his letter. Tears flowing out non-stop, she thought to herself: "So this is what the fortune teller means... Dumb me. Why didn't I get what the fortune teller was trying to tell us earlier? I could've prevented this from happening..."

11:55pm, the doctor walked out of the emergency room.

Bom: Doctor! Is he alright?

Doctor: I'm sorry miss. We tried our best.

Bom: What?! You tried your best? You guys tried your best and you still can't ing get him back to life? What kind of stupid doctors are you guys?

Nurse: Calm down miss! If you want, you may go in and take a final look at him.

Bom stared at the doctors and nurses and stomped into the emergency room.

Bom: TOP... TOP, open your eyes, will you?

TOP: Yeah... I'm still here... but I'll be leaving soon. I'm sorry.. I couldn't even get the chance to take care of you properly before I go...

Bom: No.. don't say that...

TOP: Find someone that will love you more than I would. Find the right guy for yourself... I suddenly feel... so tired... I'm going to sleep...

Bom: No! You can't sleep! What am I gonna do without you? You can't live me alone in this world!

TOP: I'm...sorry...

Tick, tock, tick, tock. TOP's heart stopped beating. The clock strikes 12. It was their 30th day.