Chapter 3 .

Beauty and the Briefcase
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Lee Co.]

 

“How do you like this place so far?” Donghae asked, leaning on my table. It’s been a week since I work here in Lee Company. I’ve been out numerous date and but still haven’t met my magic man. Not so good I guess.

“This place is great! Everyone is so kind and helpful.” Truthfully, yeah, everyone was really helpful. Especially Sungmin. His cubic is beside mine and have been really helpful helping me with my lack of knowledge about business stuffs. Serve me right for lying in my resume.

“Hey honey.” A girl with long hair came and hugs Donghae from behind. I see he’s taken, huh. Nevermind, never count him in my list anyway.

The girl stares at me as if she wants to eat me alive. Girl, keep that doe-eyed to yourself. “Oh, Jess. This is my girlfriend, Yoona. Yoona, this is my new secretary, Jessica.” Donghae introduced us both. The eyes that once want to eat me now turns soft. Oh the miracle.

“Oh hi Jessica, I’m Im Yoona. You can call me Yoona. Now honey, can we go eat now? I’m starving.” Yoona said cutely to Donghae. Blergh. Too. Much. PDA.

“Yeah sure honey. Jessica, see you later then. Bye.” Donghae said and leave with Yoona.

“That doe-eyed looks like she’s gonna eat you right?” Sunny come to me. Sunny is Sungmin’s fiancé. So that’s why he’s pretty much a hand off. Someone’s fiancé is not on my checklist.

“Yeah. Definitely creeps the hell out of me.” I pretend to shiver. That eye can both kills and melts a guy.

Sunny laughed at my remarks. “So wanna join me and Sungmin off to lunch? We’re planning to check out the new cake shop across. Let’s go!” Sunny dragged me without hearing my opinion. Help!

“Eh, wait! I promised Changmin to have lunch together today. Sorry bunny.” I apologized and quickly run away. Lunch with the SunSun? That’s like killing yourself! Too much aegyo is not good for my mental.

Oh, look whose coming. “Hey Jess, ready for lunch?” Changmin greet, handing a rose to me. What? Just one?

“Aww that’s so sweet of you. Thank you.” I smiled and sniff the rose. Well, I’m still grateful though. “Let’s go lunch now.”

 

 

--

 

 

[CLEO co.]

 

“Okay, Heechul was great, but he’s a narcissistic. He keeps talking about himself throughout the lunch date! Have you ever met a guy who talks about himself for 30 freaking minutes?!” I huffed, flipping my hair. “I love myself. He loves himself. It’s not a healthy relationship!” I throw Heechul’s name card on the table. Taeyeon chuckled and took the name card.

“So Heechul is out. What about the Changmin guy?” Taeyeon said looking or practically staring at the name card.

I pondered for a seconds and stare blankly at Taeyeon. “What?” Taeyeon look at me. “Changmin has this ‘ex-girlfriend complex’.” I said making face. “He keeps comparing me and his ex-girlfriend! He keeps saying how my hair is longer and smooth-looking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter