Final .

Beauty and the Briefcase
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Why did I tell the truth? What was I thinking? I should’ve just written the article Taeyeon asked for. She’s gonna be so pissed.

So, this is what hell looks like. Oh, I hate this crosswalk. It’s taking me to my doom, my destruction, the crushing of my dream.

 

 

--

 

 

“Thank you for coming in today, Jessica.” Taeyeon greet me as I entered her office.

“Taeyeon.” I greet her, taking a seat. “I’m sorry about the article. I don’t—I know that it’s terrible and I’m gonna redo it. I got sick and I fell and I hit my head and—“

“Jess, it’s perfect.” Taeyeon said, cutting me.

“I don’t know what got into me and— what?” I look at Taeyeon, dumb-founded with what she just said.

Taeyeon chuckled and smiled at me. “It’s everything I ever wanted. Everyone at CLEO loves it. When you came into my office asking to change what the story was about, I realized this was about something much deeper.”

“I realized this was about you figuring things out for yourself. I want to congratulate you on your outstanding cover story for CLEO.” Taeyeon stand up and gives her hand to me. I shake her hand, still processing all this into my head. “Thank you.”

“And of course I’m gonna want updates on you and Donghae.” Oh, update. On me and Donghae. Donghae. Eh? Donghae?

“Donghae?” I asked, digesting the name into my head.

“It’s so obvious you guys are into each other.” Taeyeon smiles as he reread my article. “What? Me and Donghae?”

Taeyeon look up at me and her eyes slowly widen. “Wait a second. So, you just went in and kicked on the big presentation, packed up your desk, said goodbye and just walked out?”

“Yes. That’s what happened.” I play with my fingers under the desk, not daring to look at Taeyeon. She’s scary when she’s eager.

“You never mentioned how he scored on your checklist.” Taeyeon point out. “That’s because I didn’t do a checklist on Donghae.” I said truthfully. He would fail anyway.

 

"..."

 

"..."

 

"..."

 

“Oh, my God. Okay, hold on. What was it?” Taeyeon scattered the articles and scan each one of it. “Okay. Does he take trips to exotic places on a whim?

“Donghae? Nope.” I snorted. The far he’ll ever go probably his hometown.

“Does he put passion above common sense?”

“Not really and no.” Donghae once told me he bought six suits. The same but not the same same?

“Do you have public crazy public fights and torrid make up ?”

“We actually did have a public fight, but it wasn’t crazy and there was definitely no makeup .” Urgh, the fight in front of Onew. Horrible.

“Does he share your taste in food?”

“No.” Oh, please. That health freak wouldn’t even give my junk food a second glance.

“Does he play a y musical instrument?”

“Yes. No.” Taeyeon looked at me. “Okay no. Well, he looks like he can play a guitar.”

“Are you starting to see a pattern here?” Taeyeon asked, smiling. “That Donghae is a zero out of a zero?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter