Chapter 3

Ice-Cold Smile Looks Hurt

 

"Are you sure this is a good idea...?" I whisper as I help myself down quietly from my room on the 2nd floor with Jaejoong under me, holding my floral-pattern suitcase.

 

No, we're apparently not inside my house and Jaejoong apparently isn't standing at the bottom of my wooden stairs that led to the 2nd floor of my house.

 

We are on my garden, rose garden to be exact, with me climbing down an old creaky ladder from my room's window. Taking small steps, I finally managed to get down safely. Jaejoong stares at me strangely before he talks "Is it just me or you really took almost half an hour to climb down here?"

 

I glare at him "Don't judge me. Your fault for giving me such a...risky ladder. Where did you take it from anyway? It could've broken if I moved too fast, for all I know". True. Everytime I moved a little, the ladder would make horrible sounds and I would freeze to see if the ladder would break apart.

 

Jaejoong rolls his eyes mockingly "Girls" he mumbled. "C'mon, I'll take you to my apartement" he exclaims as he takes long strides towards the gates

 

"Wait! What about Jonghyun oppa? He'll be worried to death"

 

"I told him our whole plans this evening. He's okay with it"

 

"And what about your parents?"

 

"They're on their third--ah, ani, I think it's the fourth-- honeymoon. Dara is tagged along, don't worry. Now stop with this questions and move your feet faster! Don't you realize that tonight is beyond cold? I want hot coffee... Godness, girls and their short legs" Jaejoong grumpily walks as I try to keep up with his pace. This earns him a flat-giggle from me...(Is that even possible?). He could be such a spoiled baby sometimes

 

"I'll make you some once we arrived" I mumble softly.

 

Buildings after buildings disappear after me as I walk down the street of night Seoul with Jaejoong hides his nose under his scarf. I'll stare at his cute face time after time, to check out if he's sleepwalking or something because he barely talks. Well, probably because of the cold air.

 

It's not long before Jaejong takes a turn, leaving the empty concrete sidewalk and go into a somehow fancy-looking (?) apartement with me trailing behind him. As he fishes his keys out of his pocket and get the door unlocked, I just stand there with my suitcase in hand like a lost puppy. Oh, right, I am a lost puppy.

 

The truth is, I've never been here before. Of course I often visit him and his family, but not here. They have a vintage-looking house near school and they live there, so there I went to visit them. This apartement is quite far from school, so they don't use it as much. They only use it for new years and bussiness dinners... Probably a week or two in a year at most.

 

Come to think about it, there are not many people ever come to Jaejoong's house. By people, I mean our schoolmates. Jaejoong doesn't bring friends home often, according to his parents... But how come I could always crashing down his place whenever I feel like to? And he never objects, for all I remember...

 

"Yah, you're spacing out" Jaejoong's voice snaps me back to reality. He's already inside his apartement and he's looking back at me weirdly, noticing that I don't follow him inside.

 

"Eh? Oh, yeah, right, mianhae" I grimace awkwardly as I step into his living room and settle down my suitcase. The insides of his apartement isn't far from what I'd expected it would be. See, just judging by It's outer appearance I already knew it would be this classy. The black leather couch is in the middle of the room, along with a glass table facing the TV. The kitchen is on my right and probably that polished-wooden door on my left is the guest room. Then there is this stairs, leading upstairs to the main bedrooms.

 

"I'll make you coffee" I say after a while of observing. I just realize that Jaejoong isn't here with me anymore, where did he go?

 

"Too late, I got it covered already" Jae's voice calls out from the kitchen direction. "You can sit, I'll bring yours too and then I'll show you your room"

 

"But I've promised you" I protest, but sit down anyway

 

"What a disappointment, but the ones I've made would go wasted if you make another one" he responds, smiling as he makes his way here with two mugs on each of his hands. "Here" he holds out one hand towards me.

 

"Gomawo"

***

After the nice middle-night-coffee, Jejoong showed me a spare main bedroom (is that possible?) on the second floor. The room is big. REAL big. I mean, this is far from my room... Like, twice bigger? ㅋㅋㅋ, what am I thinking, funny to even compare this with my own room.

 

I settled down my things here and there, fortunately I didn't bring much things, and finished in less than half an hour. The clock is showing 2 now, and here I am lying down on the comfy double bed, can't sleep!

 

What if umma can find me here tomorrow? Eh? What am I thinking? What if umma doesn't even look for me?? But then... I can't stay forever with Jae, he has family. Should I move out then, if we failed? After that I would find a job. What kind of job would accept a high school student? Wait, what about school? If my job later doesn't pay well, should I quit school too? But... But I'm just a teenager! That's too much for me to bear... Maybe I just should go to an orphanage?

 

With the thoughts still lingering in my mind, I slowly drifted into sleep, leaving all the questions unanswered.

_______________________________________________

A/N:

Don't be scared to comment :p