EXTENDED?

THE PAST. THE PRESENT & THE FUTURE
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

I know that this would happen, but I didn’t expect that it’ll be this soon. This is really shocking for I’ve never thought that the twins will be this close to Jiyong in a snap. Yes, he is their father and whether I like it or not, there’s this string that binds them. Thing is, I’m afraid that one day my daughters will choose him over me and if that happens, I don’t know what to do with myself.

“Girls…we need to go now” I’m still trying to push them to my side, but it seems like they’re really holding on to him so tightly.

“We don’t want….it’s much fun here Mom” Jubilee, who is not that vocal with her opinions is the one speaking for her and Justice, making it weirder for me.

“Jiyong” I called and he looked at me with eyes that can melt you “Can I talk with my daughters first?” he has to give this to me for I’ll really go wild if he doesn’t.

“Fine” he said and crouched down in front of the girls “Appa is just going out for a while…alright? Talk with your Mom first…I’ll be back” he said and kissed their foreheads.

The girls look so hesitant. It’s actually given for they know that they’re up for some intense talk “OK…but…be back soon” Justice said and hugged her father by the neck.

“Yes Appa…come back soon” Jubilee followed and hugged him as well.

“Love you both….I’ll be back in while” he said.

“Love you too Appa” the girls said in unison.

I don’t know what to say anymore. Seriously, this is magic or God is really playing with me. My daughters are really so into their father, that hearing them say “I love you” is quiet shocking but at the same time, touching for both parties sounds so sincere.

The moment Jiyong left the room, I settled the girls on the couch and sat at the edge center table so that I’m facing them fully. I don’t have any clues on what to say and how to convince them to go back to Sydney, but I’ll do everything just for us to be out of here.

“Girls….how are you?” this is a good starter.

“We’re good Mom!” they both answered cheerfully.

“You’re good…..alright….what have you been doing lately?” I asked curiously and they started thinking.

“We swim everyday….we play with Gaho outside….Appa always brings us somewhere fun….actually…he promised to be bring us to the park tomorrow morning…and we’re excited already” Justice answered.

“And Mom…the food here is great as well! We ate Kim-kim…ah! I can eat spicy foods already….Appa taught me how to…I didn’t know that all you have to do is drink milk so that your mouth won’t taste the spice anymore…it was so great Mom! You should try it!” Jubilee followed, sounding so happy.

“It’s not Kim-kim…it’s Kimchi” I told them and they giggled.

“But that’s how we and Appa call it…ah! There’s one more thing….did you know that they also have those wraps here? The one that you always make for us” Justice shared.

“aaahhh….that’s called lettuce wraps girls…the one with the meat?” I asked and they gave me a nod.

“Appa makes the best wraps Mom! You should ask him to make you one…not only that…he’ll feed it to you too” Justice said, making me shake my head.

This only proves that even if they’re raised in Australia, their buds are so Korean and I’m happy about that. I’m also grateful because Jiyong made them experience what these delicious creations tastes like. Now I can bring them to a Korean restaurant without them hesitating to eat.

And their stories flowed like waterfalls. In the two days that they’ve been here, they did a lot already and Jiyong brought them to different places as well. From the way they tell their stories, I can easily say that they enjoyed to the max.

“Look girls…I know that Korea is fun…being with Grandma…Grandpa…Aunt Dami and Appa is totally fun as well…but…we have to go back to Sydney already coz that’s where we live” I don’t know if my convincing powers will work this time, but I’m praying that it would.

“Mom….can’t we just stay here instead?” Justice asked, shocking me BIG TIME.

I zoned out for a few seconds then got back to my senses “We can’t….girls…we live in Sydney ever since…you’ve got all your friends there…Mom’s work is there…all your toys are there as well as your rooms….uhmmm….ah! Dad’s there too...why don’t you want to go back?” I asked curiously even if I already know the answer.

“I don’t want to go back there anymore….it’s so lonely…and….we’re enjoying it here…Mom…you can bring your work here….and Dad can just go here too” Jubilee answered.

I gave out a heavy sigh. I don’t know how to handle this anymore “That’s impossible…I can’t bring the whole office here…and…that goes with Dad as well…girls…please….listen to Mom” if I have to beg, I will “Let’s go back now….Sydney is missing you already…don’t worry…once we arrive…I’ll take you the theme park…if you want…we’ll go swimming too….Mom will give you all her time….just….come home with me” I sound so desperate and it’s really frustrating.

They looked at each other for a while as if they’re having this twin telepathy that no one can even relate to. After I don’t know how long, they looked at me, making my heart beat so fast “Mom….can we stay here for a little while? Please” they went to me with their hands in a praying position “Please…please…please…..”

“I don’t want to agree yet….but….I’ll think of it…give Mom this whole night to think…alright…but whatever my decision will be tomorrow…you have to go with it…clear?” I asked and they sighed.

“As always” Justice said, receiving a look from me “OK Mom” she gave in.

“It’s all good Justice….at least we get one more night” Jubilee comforted her.

Honestly, my decision of going back to Sydney is already

Please log in to read the full chapter