Sad

I'm Here

#soundtrack: Maroon 5 - Sad

 

So this is what I'm doing. Putting the soundtrack, then the lyrics, after that the story.


 

 

 

Man, it's been a long day
Stuck thinking 'bout it driving on the freeway
Wondering if I really tried everything I could
Not knowing if I should try a little harder

Oh, but I'm scared to death
That there may not be another one like this
And I confess that I'm only holding on by a thin thin thread

I'm kicking the curb cause you never heard
The words that you needed so bad
And I'm kicking the dirt cause I never gave you
The place that you needed to have
I'm so sad, saaad

Man, it's been a long night
Just sitting here, trying not to look back
Still looking at the road we never drove on
And wondering if the one I chose was the right one


Oh, but I'm scared to death
That there may not be another one like this
And I confess that I'm only holding on by a thin thin thread

I'm kicking the curb cause you never heard
The words that you needed so bad
And I'm kicking the dirt cause I never gave you
The place that you needed to have
I'm so sad, saaad
I'm so sad, so sad

Oh, but I'm scared to death
That there may not be another one like this
And I confess that I'm only holding on by a thin thin thread

I'm kicking the curb cause you never heard
The words that you needed so bad
And I'm kicking the dirt cause I never gave you
The place that you needed to have
And I'm kicking the curb cause you never heard
The words that you needed so bad
I'm so sad, so sad

 



 

 

 

Age 7

Hyosun sits in the couch, gazing at her brother in curiousity. “Oppa.” “Ne?” “What are you doing?” She asks. “Homework Sun-ah.” Hyeonu smiles.

Hyosun and Hyeonu, 8 years difference. They’re so close and so alike like two peas in a pod.

Oppa. Do you want to eat ice cream?” She asks. “Eo?” “Ne! You must be tireed from studying! I’ll get them from the fridge if you want some.” She smiles. Hyeonu chuckles and ruffled her hair. “Ne, ne. Give me one scoop of each flavor we got!” He smiles.

“Great! I think we still have chocolate, strawberry, rum raisin, and blueberry!” She walks her tiny feet into the kitchen.

Jut as she stood around 2 meters from the kitchen, she heard clanging sounds, as if pots and pans were being thrown.

She ran back to the living room. “O-oppa.. What’s the noise..?” She asks. Hyeonu stands up, looking confused. He walked slowly and hear all of it.

“YA! NEO! GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!”

“YA! NEO... JJASHIK! YOU ARE THE BAD GUY! YOU LEAVE!”

Another plates broken. Hyeonu felt his trouser being tugged. Hyosun.

“O-oppa... Are.. bumonim... fighting?”

 

I'm so sad, so sad
 

 

Age 9

Hyosun skipped happily to school. Just then, she heard a familiar shout,

“YA! JANG HYOSUN! CHAMKAMAN!”

She glanced.

“BAEKHYUNNIE!” She ran towards Baaekhyun and hugs him.

Hyosunnie.. What is this? A scar? Are you a cutter like the one I see on my Appa’s detective movie last night?” Baekhyun’s little eyes grew wider. Hyosun shook her head.

“A-ani. Last night, my parents were fighting.” “AGAIN?” “Deh. And Hyeonu oppa kind of interfered them, and appa was mad. So he threw a fork to Hyeonu oppa. But I didn’t want Hyeonu oppa to get hurt. So I ed them like the one in the Sherlock cartoon we watched 2 days ago, Baek! And it scratched my wrist.” Hyosun pants from the long speech.

Awh.” Baekhyun winced.

He’s to little. What was he supposed to do? Baekhyun thought for a moment.

“I don’t know what to do. So, Baekkie can only give you this.” Baekhyun reached for his pocket and took out a small Pororo plaster. “Eomma always have this plaster in stock because I bruised myself often. I still got loads of them at home, so this one is for you.” Baekhyun’s eyes twinkled as he tear out the package and clumsily plastered the Pororo band-aid into Hyosun’s scar.

“Assa! It’s done.” Baekhyun smiled.

Baekkoo, you can be one of those doctors. You are talented.”

Baekhyun blushed, not knowing what to reply.

Erm... Gomawo?”

 

Age 12

Hyosun could hear clearly the sounds downstair. She peeps through the railing. Her eomma.

She’s carrying a big luggage. Her brother stares at her.

“O-oppa... Eomma’s leaving!” Hyosun tugs Hyeonu’s shirt.

“We can do nothing Sunnie. Nothing. Remember? If we block them, Appa will hurt us.Canyou see this?” Hyeonu points a bruise under his left eye.

“B-but! Oppa! Fine! Then, Hyosunnie will stop eomma!” Hyosun run padded down the stairs and hugs her eomma’s leg.

Eomma... gajima..”

Hyosun-ah... Eomma ga.. Mianhaeyo. But I have to go.” She wiped her tears away and kissed her forehead as she wave to Hyeonu who just froze upstair.

She flashes a weak smile and close the front door.

“EOMMA!! Eomma...!! Appa...! Bring eomma back!!” hyosun bawls.

Ya. Shut up. The neighbors will hear.” Her father snapped.

“But.. but..” Hyosun cries again, and sobs louder.

Hyosun sobs. “Uljima.” Her father said. Hyosun wipes her tears but she just could not. Her parents fought again and her mother left. She was just 12. She knew nothing.

“ULJIMA.” Her father said louder.

She sniffled and blink back the tears. But Lord, they flow. “YA! ULJIMA! ARE YOU EVEN DEAF?!” Her father sent a slap on her left cheek, sending it red and stinging.

And since then, she never cried.

****

Meanwhile.

Baek! Here! Help me buy some things in the groceries!”

“Eomma~ It’s night already~ Baekkie wants to sleep..” Baekhyun groans.

Ya! Byun Baekhyun! It’s still 8! It’s just some eggs and hoisin sauce. You’d like to have egg rolls with hoisin sauce for tomorrow’s lunch, right?” His eomma said.

“Can i share Hyosunnie as well?” His little doe eyes pleads.

“Of course, Baekkie. Now, Ka~” His eomma hands him a few won as Baekhyun grabs his bike.

He went to thefront. He might as well asks Hyosun to come along! It’s kinda scary to travel alone at night. He was about to knock Hyosun’s front door when the door barged open and Mrs. Jang went outside with big luggage.

“Ah.. Annyeong haseyo, ahjumma.” He bows.

Eo, Annyeong Baekhyun. Er. I have to go. And you should come home. I believe it’s not the right time to play, uri Sunnie is tired from playing.” Mrs. Jang replied.

Jeongmalyo? Ah~ Too bad.” He sighs. He blew his bangs away and sneak a glance inside as Mrs. Jang run to fetch the bus.

. “Uljima.” Mr. Jang’s voice roared. Baekhyun’s eyes went wide.

Hyosun wipes her tears  but she kept crying.

“ULJIMA.” Mr. jang said louder.

She sniffled and blink back the tears.. “YA! ULJIMA! ARE YOU EVEN DEAF?!” Mr. Jang slapped Hyosun.

Baekhyun’s eyes went wider and wider. How could a father slapped his own daughter? That’s meanie. Appa will not tolerate violence in his home.

He could see that now Hyosun is glancing at him, and sending him pleading stares, as if she’s asking for a help.

But Baekhyun is scared. He might be selfish, but he’s just 12.

Mian.” He mouthed.

He then run away to the groceries as he cried silently.

He should’ve helped her.

***

Baekhyun opened his lunchbox.

Eggrolls with hoisin sauce.

He wa about to swallow a spoonful of it when he heard a familiar voice.

Baek...” Little Hyosun approached Little Baek who’s sitting in a bench. “My.. my parents fought.” She said. “Jinjjayo?” Baekhyun small crescents eyes bulged. “Ne.. And my mother ran away..” She said.

Baekhyun just stare at her despite that he knew everything that happened last night.

She looked as if she was going to break down any minutes.

She sits beside Baekhyun. Baekhyun hugs her as she scooted closer and wrapped herself underneath his embrace.

“Cry.. I’m here to wipe your eyes.” He said. It’s the only word that can escape his lips.

Hyosun shook her head.

She sighs and left.

“I thought thatBaekkie came to help Sunnie yesterday.”

Baekhyun sighs as Hyosun left him to play the swings.

“I should’ve helped her.. Ah! Byun Baekhyun! Aigoo~ Babocheoreom.” He cursed silently.

 

“Sorry I couldn’t help.” He whispered silently.

 

Oh, but I'm scared to death
That there may not be another one like this
And I confess that I'm only holding on by a thin thin thread

 

Age 14

Hyeonu oppa !Oppa! gajima!! Oppa!!” She ran, trying to catch Hyeonu. Hyeonu had his luggage and suitcases packed with all his clothes and some carton packed with all his belongings.

Oppa! Are you going to leave like eomma?!” She sulks.

Hyosun-ah.. I’m 22 now. I want to get married, be successful, and escape this hell. Please survive. Please. I told Baekhyun to keep you safe from Appa. The Byun’s door always openes for you. Oppa will be back. One day.” Hyeonu kissed Hyosun’s forehead.

Oppa.. gajima.. Or-or-or I’ll come with you!” She said.

Hyosun-ah, you have to finish your study here. Oppa is going to China. I’m leaving. Please. Let me go.” Hyeonu said.

Hyosun stepped back. “So... Who will tak care of me, huh? Eomma left, now you.” She pouts.

Baekhyun will.”

***

Baekhyun-ah!”

Eo! Hyeonu hyung! Annyeong!”

Baekkoo. I’m leaving tomorrow.” “IGEMWOYA? Eodi? Are you taking Sunnie with you?” His crescent eyes bulged. Hyeonu chuckles.

Ani. She stays. That’s why i need your help.”

“My... HELP?”

“Yeah. Please take careof her while I’m away. Deh?”

“H-hajiman... Jeon.. jeon mothaeyo.” Baekhyun looks down.

“Yes, you can. Look at my eyes baek.” Hyeonu said.

Baekhyun lift his head.

“I... want you.. to be there for her. Arasseo?” as Hyeonu ruffles his hair and left.

Baekhyun gulps.

“I can’t.. I’m stupid.. And a scaredy cat.”

***

Baek. Oppa’s leaving.” Hyosun approached him.

Arayo.” He replied shortly.

“He said you’ll be there for me. Are you?”

“I can’t guarantee....” He said.

Hyosun expression changed. She looks sad.

“Uh? ‘Kay.” She nods.

“I thought, we’re the best of the best friends. I thought you’ll be there.”

She left.

Baekhyun kick the dirt near him in frustation.

“AAARGH! I’m still a growing teenager! Why is everyone hoping a lot from me?! Hyosun-ah.. I’m sorrt I’m not there for you for the umpteenth time.” He sighs as he kick the dirt again.

“Stupid. Babo. Baka. Why is it so hard to gave her... gave... words... of.. i don’t know.. Encouragements? Or hug her? Aaaaargh!”

 

I'm kicking the curb cause you never heard
The words that you needed so bad
And I'm kicking the dirt cause I never gave you
The place that you needed to have

 


How wasit? Next chappie.... probably tomorrow. 

Ciao!

-leaderblankkymp

and love from Baekkie.