Chapter 34

Little Voice; Big World

We arrived in America the next day. Mir and I head straight to my new apartment. Well more like a condo to be exact.

“Wow Uncle didn’t go cheap on me.” I said awestruck.
“When does he ever?” asked Mir putting down my things. I laughed.

During the plane ride I talked normally to Mir. We haven’t said one thing about the situation that happened a week ago. But I did ask him where he was. Apparently he was at home talking to his Noona.
I explored the whole condo. It had two bedrooms, a nice kitchen, spacious living room, and a balcony with a great view. Props to Rain, he knows his stuff.

“When are you leaving back to Korea?” I asked Mir.
“Tomorrow.” He replied.
“So this whole day is your time to spend with me?” I asked. He nodded.  I smiled.

“Well then as our first thing to do together. You can help me unpack and get settled. After that you can come with me to get some groceries.” I demanded.
“Okay.” Mir laughed.

I unpack all my clothes into the drawers and closet. I smiled at all the clothes I got from the concert and from the mall. Mir unpacked my books, pictures, and etc in the living room. I helped him placed where everything has to be. When we were finished we head to the grocery.

One Hour Later

“Ah I think this food will last me for awhile.” I grinned. Mir smiled weakly as he carried fifty bags of food.
“Hungry?” I asked. He nodded quickly. I smiled and led him to a fast food restaurant.

“Order anything you want! My treat!” I said.
“I order to put this food down and you choose something for me. I want something delicious.” Mir said.

I laughed and let him go. I walked up to the cash register and order two burgers with French fries and two chocolate shakes. I grabbed our food and head to the table.

“Enjoy!” I smiled as I dig in.


After we ate we headed back to the condo. I unpacked the food as Mir poured dog food into Mir (dog)’s bowl.

“Done!” I smiled as I wiped the sweat off my head. I sat down on the couch next to Mir. I the TV and we watched reruns of old cartoons.
“Tried?” I asked.
“A little. Are you?” he asked.
“Oh I’m pooped.” I smiled.
“Let’s get some sleep then.” Mir got up. I grabbed his hand.
“Hmm?”
“Can you sleep with me tonight?” I asked nervously.

Mir smiled and nodded. I turned off the TV and head to the bathroom to change into my pjs. Mir just slept in his boxers and under shirt. I threw my clothes into the hamper and got in bed. Mir was already in bed with his eyes close. I lie beside him and close my eyes.

“Remember that note you gave me?” Mir asked.
It made me jump since he just blurted it out. “Yeah.”

“Can’t you choose between me and Joon if I did this?” He rolled over to me and kissed my lips. I felt complete again. I didn’t want him to stop. When he pulled away he stared into my eyes.
“Mir I don’t know…I’ll feel like I betrayed what I said in the note to Joon and you.” I said.
“Joon would be okay if we went back out again. I talked to him.” Mir replied.
“You guys are friends again?” I asked. He nodded. I smiled.

“I’m so glad.” I sighed out of relief.
“So Abby, what about us?”
“You’ll just have to see….when….” I dozed off, literally.
Mir chuckled and kissed my forehead. “Goodnight you silly girl.” He whispered.

Next Day

I walk with Mir to the gate.

“Well this is it.” I said.
“Yup.” Mir replied with his hands in his pockets.

We looked at each other for a minute. I hugged him tight as he did the same for me. I didn’t want him to leave.

“Abby?”
“Hmm?”
“The question last night, about us? What’s gonna happen?”

I looked up at him.

“All last chance passengers to Seoul, South Korea please board the plane.”

He stared at me. He wanted to now.

“I love you so much Mir, but right now. We just can’t.” I said quietly.

Mir looked down and nodded his head.  He tilted my head up and kissed my lips for the last time.

“I love you so much too Abby. I’ll wait for you to come back to Seoul. There you we can try it again if we can.” Mir whispered into my ear. He brushed my hair out of my face and smiled. I let go of him and watched him walked towards the gate. He looked back and I waved as a tear escaped. He waved back and walked in.

“Goodbye Mir.”