Trigger of Conviction

Labyrinth of the Past

~ Chapter 1 ~
“Trigger of Conviction”

It was a cloudy, bright morning of the first day of school. “It’s not that I hate school. I hate everything in it.” I whispered as I walk outside my room to get ready for school. This will be again a new chapter of my school life. “I’ll be going Mom. See you later.” “Oh yeah, take care Kochan.” That’s my nickname. They call me “Kochan” and I feel happy about it.

I rode my bike and drove off to school. I saw Hikaru Yaotome on the road and I invited him to ride on my bike.

“Good Morning Yabu chan” Hikaru exclaimed.

He seems to be excited on the opening ceremony.

“Oh, Good Morning.” I responded.

“Why you look as if you were killed last night?*laughs*” he said it in a loud voice.

Hikaru is my best friend. My first ever friend since I entered Johnny’s. We had lots of memories shared together. He knows me well. And I consider myself lucky to have him as my friend. We are at the same year and same section as well.

“Oh, I stayed late last night.” I answered him.

“Ow, I bet you’re thinking about the opening ceremony.”

“Na, no I don’t. You know that I hate school.”

“Hahaha, yeah, I know. Just kidding. Well, are you excited for something?”

“No, I’m not.”

“Eh? How about new classmates? Girls? Girlfriend?” he still continues the conversation while enjoying the back ride of my bike.

“No. I’m not excited into something. Also, I’m not excited about girls or girlfriend as well.”

“Okay! You don’t have to ruin your day with just one question.” He seems to be annoyed with the way I acted.

~*~*~*~

“Hikaru”, as we arrived school, “I’m sorry.”

“Ha? For what?” he answered with uncertainty.

“A-about earlier. You seemed annoyed with the way I answered your questions.”

“It’s not a big deal. And I’m not annoyed. I know your attitude when we talks about school.” He laughed. I laughed back.

We saw Yamada Ryosuke, Chinen Yuri , Daiki Arioka, and Nakajima Yuto in the middle row of chairs. They are my coworker in JE and my most loving associates in Hey! Say! JUMP. We are in the same school, Horikoshi Gakuen. The Prestigious school here in Japan, and known as the “Home of the Stars.”

“Yabu chan” Chinen called my name. “Sit here with us.”

I followed and sat beside them.

“Hey guys, good morning.” Hikaru uttered.

“Good Morning Hikari chan” as they answered with a smile.

“Oh, it’s not Hikari it’s H-i-k-a-r-u.” Hikaru insisted. They all laughed.

They all looked excited with the school opening. It was opposite with me. The program is not starting so I want to go outside.

“Ne, guys I will just go outside. I’ll come back before the program begins.”

“Oh sure.” They responded with anxiety on his face.

I smiled. “I know that face. I promise, I’ll be back.”

“Okay. Be sure that you’ll be back on time.” Yama chan replied with a smiling face.

Yes, they knew my attitude towards school. So it’s not new to them.

I headed outside the Hall and saw something, a crowd of students who was looking at a girl. They were all flailing and talking about her. She’s pretty. She’s attractive and she’s new.

“I wonder what year she is and what section.” the group of boys was talking.

“I bet she will be popular at boys." the group of girls gave their opinion.

“I wonder if she’s kind and clever.”

I heard all of their judgments. I stared at her without noticing Hikaru is beside me.

“Aha, there you are Yabu kun. And you’re staring at her.”

I was dazzled. “Oh, Hikaru. You’re here.” I answered my alibi.

“Yeah, why? You didn’t notice me?”

“Ah, it’s not that. . .” I still didn’t finish my answer as he utterly say,

“because you’re looking at her. Don’t you?”

“Uh, n-o, no..really. I was just looking around.”

He clears his throat and said, “You don’t have to deny it.”

After a silence. “Her name is Haru. A transferee. They said her family is rich but they’re not together. Some sorts of family problems I think.”

“You know so much about her.”

“What do you mean by that? I just asked the boy right there.” He said pointing at a guy with good looks and brain.

He is Ren Natsumi. Same year than me but he’s at the University class.

“Huh? That guy?” I asked.

“Yeah, he's someone I knew. And I just randomly asked him. But coincidentally I'm right, he knew something about her.” He answered me with confidence.

“Ah. Okay. Let’s go back.” I excused myself and he followed me back to the hall.

I can’t erase her in my mind. She’s all I’ve been thinking for the whole day. She looks mysterious and I what to know her….