VII.

Chimera
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was something cold landing on Suho’s face but he wasn’t quite sure what it was. He was still half asleep when his eyes fluttered open. The morning sun, bright and shining with the new day ahead, blocked his vision temporarily. He pulled his hand over his face to cover the brightness only to be shocked at how cold his hand were.

“Suho! What the hell! Get up!” He felt a shake on his body.

It was Kyungsoo’s voice.

“Is he okay?” asked Sehun, worriedly.

The realization hit Suho now. I fell asleep here… Suddenly remembering that Alena was lying to next him, Suho jolted awake. He sat right up, did not look at his friends, but instead his eyes searched the spot where Alena had laid hours ago but she was nowhere in sight. He could feel that his pants were wet from the snow beneath him, yet he took no mind to it.

Lay, Kris and Chanyeol were there as well, but he paid no heed to them, nor did he notice the grave look on their faces.

It was probably best he should not mention that he had fallen asleep here with Alena.

“Suho! You better talk to me right now. You did not return to the dorm last night, nor did you make it out to the pub! What on earth were you doing sleeping out here?! Everyone was ing looking for you!” This was the first time Suho had heard Kyungsoo swear, which sounded a bit strange to him.

“Uh,” Suho managed to blurt out. He felt dazed and confused, but did not have enough time to pull himself together for an answer before he was dragged up by Chanyeol and Kris. They pulled him along the field in a rushed manner. “You know what, we have no time to wait for your answers. We gotta go.”

“Wait, where are you taking me?”

“We have no time to talk right now Suho! We have got to get to the auditorium like asap.”

“Why?”

Kyungsoo who was walking ahead of the boys, stopped abruptly and said without turning back to face him, “Alena is dead. She was hit by a drunk driver, we think. No one really knows though.”

Suho felt the breath knock out of him. What…? He looked back and forth between Kris and Chanyeol whose face portrayed no hint of humour.

“Is this some sick joke you guys are playing on me right now?”

“No.” It was Kris who answered this time.

It was like the world around him suddenly stood still, and all that was around him became mute and lifeless.

No, no, no, this can’t be happening. We were be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter