2. Do not ruin it

Dreaming

 

 

 

2. Do not ruin it

 

It was a sunny day in Eden, but, thanks to the white buildings, everything was too bright. Jongin was glad that he wasn't going to stay outside for too long, his eyes were starting to hurt. He had a meeting with a few friends, and in that moment he felt excited to meet them; at least, he wasn't going to think of that soft voice. Since he was out, though, he felt himself being observed. He had turned around a few times and  saw no one, so he began to walk faster, causing Kyungsoo to complain. He was relieved to enter Taemin's house, even more when his dear friend hugged him tightly and welcomed him with loud cheers.

Taemin surprisingly looked like Jongin. Sometimes people joked about them, saying they were twins, but of course it wasn't like that, . Taemin was always happy, carefree, friendly and he was an optimist, while Jongin saw the sad and hidden part of everything, he was awkward and he was incredibly shy, even if he could act wonderfully and pretend he was confident. In the end, he was always dying of shame inside his mind. "Jongin, would you like something to drink? You don't look good." Minho stated. He was his friend's husband, a handsome man who seemed pretty serious and hard-working. The couple was stupidly in love, they were always next to each other, often kissing and whispering and giggling. Jongin groaned at the thought. "No, thank you. I'm just tired." He answered, feeling nervous. Minho frowned, staring at the younger man with a worried look. "Didn't you sleep?" He asked softly. Jongin bit his lower lip, and looked away. "No, I slept wonderfully. I just have a lot in my mind."

Fortunately Taemin came back in the room with Chanyeol, a smiley and cheerful young man who had a nice word for everything. He was so energetic that it was strange to see him gloomy and with a sad glint in his eyes, but in that moment he looked happy as usual. He worked as a guard on the borderline of Eden, next to the entrance gate. He could always watch at people being thrown out of the city, leaving them in the dark side of their world. "Hey, Jongin, Kyungsoo! How are you?" He asked with a wide smile. "Fine." Jongin mumbled rather quickly. Kyungsoo started chatting with the tall man while Taemin tugged his friend away from everyone, they entered a room and he closed the door. "Hey, what happened?" He whispered. Jongin glanced around, searching for someone peeking them. When he found no one, he started talking. "Listen, I trust you, a lot. You have to promise to not judge me and help me." Taemin frowned, but nodded, now even more worried. "Tell me, I won't tell anyone." The other sighed.

"I had an accident, right? While I was sleeping, I heard someone's voice. The problem is, when I woke up I found out that I had dreamt." Taemin gasped, but said nothing, so Jongin kept explaining. "It was a nurse's mistake, but then I returned home and I dreamt again. There is no way the device inside the bed is broken! It only happened once after I was home, but this dream… Is bugging me. I like it, no, love it too much." Taemin shook his head, shocked. "Jongin, what are saying? I know you don't like Eden, but I know you also want to live. Forget about dreaming, I don't want to be involved with this kind of problems!" The younger man widened his eyes and his heart stopped for a long second.

His friend didn't care about him. He just wanted to live happily with Minho, far from trouble. Jongin just didn't expect Taemin to say such things: he thought they were friends! Why was he leaving alone? He felt tears in his eyes and he struggled to not start sobbing hard. "Even Key wants help! He's cheating on Jinki and I hate that! I hate what you two are doing! Don't you see you're ruining our perfect Eden?!" Taemin continued blabbering with louder voice. Jongin closed tightly his eyes and chocked back a sob; this wasn't his best friend! They promised to be next of each others during the toughest moments, but now Taemin was just running away. He loathed Eden, he loathed Taemin, he hated everyone so much! Why nobody could understand him?!

"How could you expect help from me for a thing like that?! You should be thrown out of here!" The older man this time shouted. Jongin quickly turned around got out of the room; he was sure he had red cheeks and eyes, but he didn't mind, he was far too angry to think of such details. "What's happening? I heard Taemin's voice…" Minho tried to stop him but Jongin run away from his questions. "I'm not coming back here. Sorry." The younger man mumbled. "Jongin? What—" Just as Kyungsoo started talking, Jongin opened the door and run away from the house. He ran, ran and ran, till he couldn't breathe properly anymore, and he stopped only when he found a park.

Parks where the only place of Eden where there was so many different colors. Green, brown, in autumn parks were full of red, orange and yellow, he loved those places. He did because of the colors and nature's sweet scent, something he couldn't reach inside his house nor in any other place. Trees and flowers were a small, yet big, help for Jongin, who found new hopes while watching a leaf fall, a flower tremble or the trees' crown being lightly shaken by wind. If only there were animals, too… He remembered to have seen just some ants and snails, but that was it; he would have liked to see some birds, too.

He slowly sat on a bench and he sighed heavily. He let tears fall and wet his face, who cared about those people near him? He decided it was fine to keep dreaming: if world was going to be that cruel with him, he preferred to keep dreaming and have some hope inside himself. He kept crying for a long time, sobbing quietly as people looked at him curious and surprised to see someone in that state. Usually a normal citizen of Eden didn't like to show his feelings: it was difficult to see couples kissing or friends laughing out loud. Everyone was close inside his own world, afraid of being different from what Eden wanted them to be.

Why did Taemin love this world so much? He preferred Eden over his own friends, he preferred his safety over him. Jongin sobbed louder, when he felt something on his arm. He opened his eyes and saw a young kid with big dark eyes and equally dark hair. The child was staring at his with hard gaze, so much he didn't look his age; he was more likely judging him like any other adult could do. Other two kids went next to him, and this time they looked really innocent and young. They were the opposite of the child with dark locks, one had blond hair and a bright glint in his eyes, while the other had a cute eye-smile. "You finally find yours?" The blond-haired kid asked rather excitedly; his little friend slowly smiled as his cheeks tinted of red. "Yes…" He mumbled softly. Jongin couldn't understand what they were talking about, but he couldn't help feeling worried for the small group. "Did you get lost?" The three friends giggled and they shook they heads.

"No! Sehun is with us." The blond child chirped with a satisfied smile on his lips. Jongin gasped slightly when the kid with dark hair brushed away the last tears on his cheeks and kissed his nose. It was an unexpected action from the boy, even more when he grinned. "Don't worry about dreaming." He whispered. His friends nodded with a knowing smile. "You have been chosen. Don't be afraid, you're not alone." The little group giggled again and quickly run away, and the kid with dark locks sometimes turned around to look at him. Jongin stared at them, still confused, shocked, a bit scared, but strangely reassured. A minute passed and a young man stopped near him. "Did you see a group of children?" He asked with a troubled look in his eyes. "Are you Sehun?" Jongin said instead of answering. The guy nodded, slightly surprised. "Yes, are you Chanyeol?" He shook his head, feeling confused once again. "Did they tell you they were with Chanyeol? I know him, he's my friend, but he isn't here and I don't think he's friends with some kids." Sehun's shoulders dropped and he stumbled to sit next to Jongin.

"They… What, what happened?"

 

Jongin soon discovered that Sehun was a few months younger than him, and that he could dream just like him. "I couldn't ask help, because I was afraid, but now we have each other!" Sehun seemed happy to have a new friend, and Jongin felt like there was finally something good in that day. They decided to meet the next day in the same park, and they parted with their minds full of everything and nothing. While he was walking he realized that Chanyeol was somewhat joining him and Sehun during their next meeting, because those kids mentioned him, too; maybe he could dream, just like them… When he went back home, Kyungsoo hugged him tightly. "Where were you?! You had run away so quickly and I couldn't find you anywhere! I was so worried!" Jongin was feeling incredibly satisfied in that moment and he hugged his lover back. "I was at the park." He murmured with a small smile. "I'm sorry. I don't want to see Taemin anymore. I just – I want to lay on the bed and sleep." Kyungsoo nodded and caressed his hair. "Do you want to bathe? It will help you to relax a bit." Jongin agreed, and a second later he realized that Kyungsoo would join him.

In a few minutes, he was sighing softly as the warm water covered his body. The older man sat between his legs and Jongin whimpered softly when he felt Kyungsoo's fingers on his tights. He suddenly wanted to sleep there, but he realized that something like that had already happened. He had slept in the bathtub, on the couch, while he was sitting, but he had never dreamt before. He slowly understood that it wasn't the bed that was blocking dreams, but his head, or maybe there was something inside their food, or –

Jongin stopped thinking when Kyungsoo kissed his neck.

 

 

 


A/N:
Okay, sorry for this late update.
I'm glad you guys liked first chapter, what do you think about this one? Write me~!
I hope to see you on my tumblr, too! ^O^
I'll add later this chapter on LJ and tumblr too :3

Happy new year my dear subscribers~! <3

Charliebnim: Ah, I'm glad I uploaded this on LJ! Thank you! *O*

Hilya96: I updated! ^O^