The fan meet

You made my Minnie cry?!

--------2 days before fan meet--------

Min: Argh Kyu, I can't remember, I can't remember, I can't remember!

Kyu: Put your hands down and calm down, hyung.

As Sungmin was still going mad and flailing his hands in the air at one moment, holding his head in frustration with them at the other, Kyuhyun grabbed them and looked directly into Sungmin's eyes.

Kyu: Sungmin hyung, listen. Isn't there always the option of cue cards? Can't you just ask the staff to hold up some cards for you at the side? It'll be ok, I'm sure. And come on, the fans will understand! I don't want to see you stay up so late again, ok?

If Kyuhyun's eyes had anything, they had a calming effect. Sungmin immediately regained his composure.

Min: You're right, Kyu. It's not like I didn't think of that, but I'm not just doing this for the fans. I'm doing it for myself too, as a personal challenge, you know? I want to know that my Japanese has some standard. That's why I want it to be natural and I want to remember it and not just read off the cards. Anyone can do that.

Kyu: Your Japanese does have standard. You're the best here! You just think you can't remember because you're feeling all stressed about it. But come that day, you will be able to remember, so go and sleep now ok? And don't forget to inform the staff tomorrow. Come on~

Kyuhyun pulled Sungmin to their room and sang him to sleep.

 

--------Day of fan meet--------

Host: What do you want to say to your fans?

Teuk: We'll let our Japanese expert Sungmin-san answer this question.

Min (in Japanese): Yes, I've prepared something special for the fans. First of all I'd like to thank you all for your support...

Sungmin panicked. He was saying all the usual, boring stuff that he didn't want to say, but he couldn't think of his lines!

Min: I hope you will enjoy the songs we sing later...

Come on, think, Sungmin, think! Kyuhyun was whispering to him to use the cue cards but he didn't want to look. He had prepared so much for this, burnt so many midnight oils, he wasn't just going to give up like that. Then suddenly, he heard the words. But they weren't coming out from his mouth. Leeteuk and Eunhyuk were saying them very casually, just reading off the cards. But they looked like they had memorised it all, and were doing a very good job.

Host: Alright, thank you! That was very cool! Wasn't it, fans?

*screams*

 

--------In the hotel--------

Shindong was feeling hungry so he decided to go out to grab a bowl of his favourite ramen for supper. He remembered that Sungmin hadn't eaten dinner because he said he was full, but he ought to be hungry by now.

*knock knock*

Shindong: Sungmin ah? Are you in there? I'm going for supper...do you want some?

There was no answer for quite a while, but just when Shindong was about to go by himself, the door opened. He turned around, only to find a red-eyed Sungmin. Not only that, his eyes were puffy and swollen, and he looked like he had just soaked his entire face in seawater. Upon seeing his chingu in such a sorry state, Shindong immediately hugged him.

Shindong: Sungmin, what happened? Are you ok?

All Sungmin could do was to shake his head and continue sobbing. He looked like a little boy when he was just standing there and rubbing his tears away like that.

Shindong: Let's go in, then you can tell me what happened, ok?

It was a long time before Sungmin stopped crying and managed to collect himself to tell Shindong why he was crying. Even then, Shindong could barely make out what he was saying, but got the general idea.

Min: And then...suddenly, *sniff sniff* Teuk...Eunhyuk...my lines...*sniff sniff* my chance was gone...worked so hard for nothing.

At this Sungmin started crying his heart out again. He really felt very betrayed. How could they? The whole SJ knew that he was practicing those lines so hard, yet his best friend, that stupid monkey, and his leader, whom he trusted and respected so much, they stole his lines and just said it as if it were theirs. Eunhyuk even asked him before dinner, "So how did I say the lines? Was it good?" At this Sungmin couldn't take it anymore and just said that he wouldn't be eating and just ran up to his room and started crying. He had been crying till now, and didn't expect that anyone would be up so soon. It was a slightly muffled voice that he had heard and he didn't know who it could be, but he didn't feel like seeing just anyone then. If it was Kyuhyun he would just have opened it himself because he had the key to their room too. So he wasn't intending to open the door, but since the person mentioned supper he guessed that it must be Shindong, and he was fine with seeing his chingu whom he often told his troubles to. Now that he had poured out all his sorrows, he felt a little better, but he felt like being alone again.

Min: Why don't you go have supper now. I'll be ok.

Shindong: Are you sure? Sure you don't want to come? I'll treat you.

Min: Thanks for hearing me out, Shindong. But I think I want to be alone for awhile longer.

Shindong: Ok, then. Sleep early!

Shindong gave Sungmin a quick hug again. Sungmin was one sensitive boy, which was different from Shindong's cool and easy-going personality, but they somehow complimented each other. After Shindong left, Sungmin heard his stomach rumble. He was famished, but he didn't feel like stepping out of the room. How could he face anyone with this face of his right now? There was nothing else left for him to do so he cried himself to sleep.