Preparations

You made my Minnie cry?!

Manager: We'll be going to Japan in 2 weeks for a fan meet. Sungmin, you got your lines?

Min: Ye, hyung. I've been studying. ^^

Sungmin always had an interest in studying Japanese. He studied it by himself, which was impressive, given his busy schedule. Still, he was easily one of the most popular in Japan due to his fluent Japanese and the managers always counted on him to say more lines for activities in Japan. Even the members knew it. Whenever there was a thank you speech or they were fooling around backstage and they wanted to say things to fans all over the world in different languages, Sungmin would always be the one appointed to do Japanese. Recently he'd been studying more, learning more conjugations and vocabulary. He had told the manager hyung that he wanted to say some special lines, not just the typical 'I love you', 'please look forward to our next album', 'thank you for your support', etc.

Knowing that they were really going to Japan so soon, Sungmin started revising his Japanese.

 

--------1 week before fan meet, 1.00 AM--------

Wook: Ahhh, I'm so tired. Sukira's really fun, but I admire Teuk hyung and Hyukjae hyung for managing to sustain late nights every single day for so long! I'm going to take a quick shower then sleep straightaway.

Min: You go ahead, Wookie. You should rest early. Feeling better now? (Ryeowook had cried while reading a letter on Sukira)

Wook: Yeah. Thanks for asking, hyung. You're not sleeping yet?

Min: I think I will study Japanese for awhile. The Japanese fans have been tweeting me more about next week's fan meet. I don't want to disappoint them and myself.

Wook: Ok then, hyung. Don't stay up too late though. Good night!

Min: Night, Wookie. Sweet dreams.

Ryeowook and Sungmin had a quick hug. The two DJs did, after all, have a special bond too.

 

--------4.00 AM--------

Kyuhyun got up and yawned. It probably wasn't morning yet, but he needed to go to the toilet urgently. By his feel though, it should be at least 3.00 AM, as he felt like he had slept for awhile already. Sungmin should be back from Sukira. He smiled. Sungmin always never turned the lights on when he entered their room, because Kyuhyun was an early sleeper and he didn't want to disturb him. Kyuhyun thought that he should be more considerate towards him too and made a mental note to do so. He got up quietly and treaded to the door, taking care not to disturb Sungmin.

He opened the door extra carefully, not wanting it to make a single creak. Sungmin had become more tired after he had taken over as the DJ of Sukira, since it ended at midnight. And that was just at the studio. He needed some quality sleep. As he opened the door, he saw light coming from the living room. Who was that who was still doing whatever so late?! The last he knew, unless it was for schedules, only Cho Kyuhyun stayed up this late to play Starcraft, or Eunhyuk to watch . Since it obviously wasn't him, was it Eunhyuk this time, then? Temporarily forgetting his toilet woes as Evil Maknae Mode set in, he crept to the living room, fully intending to give Eunhyuk a shock from the back. Since there was complete silence, he probably had his earphones in, and was probably too engrossed anyway. Kyuhyun stuck his hands out in front of him and had the most mischievous face. He turned to enter the living room, but at the sight that greeted him, that mischievous face softened and it even had the slightest frown.

Sungmin was bent over the table, with one hand sticking out. What was that boy doing after Sukira? He gently moved Sungmin's arm away to look at the paper on the table. Japanese. Sigh. He was good already, didn't he know that? He shouldn't be stressing himself out over the fan meet, depriving himself of rest. He was sure the Japanese fans would want that much more than interesting lines.

Kyu: Sungmin hyung. Sungmin hyung.

Kyuhyun shook the sleeping figure gently. Boy, he really was tired. He wasn't responding at all. Hmm...had he showered already? Kyuhyun bent forward and sniffed Sungmin precariously. Ah, luckily for him, Kyuhyun managed to smell a trace of the shampoo that they shared. Kyuhyun lifted Sungmin's head and got him into an upright position. Now this was tricky. He needed to somehow transport this sleeping boy who refused to wake up back to their room. There were a few options. Should he piggyback him? No, since Sungmin wasn't awake he wouldn't be holding on so that would be dangerous. This was different from those dramas where the male lead carried the drunk girl. In those scenes, at least the girl would still be slightly? conscious? Still, he didn't want to risk it. Should he make Sungmin walk, with an arm around him for support? No, that was just plain impossible, unless Sungmin knew the art of sleepwalking. Since the first two methods were out, he'd just have to settle for bridal style.

Kyuhyun gingerly picked Sungmin up, careful not to let his head bump against the chair or anything like that. This was more difficult than he thought. But anyway good thing Sungmin was light, so he soon succeeded in getting him into his arms. He almost laughed out loud when he remembered that time on Intimate Note (2.40), when the pairs TeukWook and HyukChul were fighting over who got to carry Sungmin as part of the game, as the other pair would have to carry the all-dreaded Kangin. In the end TeukWook managed to get to Sungmin first, and they just carried him for the stipulated distance before roughly throwing him down. On the other hand, the slower HyukChul were struggling with Kangin (who really wanted to be carried but was not helping by jumping on them), and after three or four tries gave up because TeukWook had reached the finish line anyway. Sungmin said it wasn't painful but Kyuhyun still massaged his back after they got home. Anyway, Kyuhyun didn't laugh out loud as he remembered his silent promise to Sungmin to be more considerate towards him. He didn't want to disturb him from his peaceful slumber.

On the way back to the room, Sungmin suddenly started muttering, while still fast asleep, "aieru". Kyuhyun felt his heart flutter. No matter what language it was said in, when he heard those precious words from Sungmin, he couldn't help but smile. He whispered back, "na do saranghae, hyung." After laying Sungmin down on his bed like a baby, Kyuhyun felt like his bladder was really going to burst and quickly left the room again for his original purpose.