Final

Angel

“Jung Soo Jung, is there anything that you want to tell me?”

“Well…..”

“Well?”

“Jong In asked me out and I agreed on it.” Replied the younger girl as she played with her hair, something that she always does whenever she felt nervous.

 “And besides he isn’t as bad as you think okay? We have the same interests and he treats me well, the whole gang treats me well.”

Sulli lets out a deep sigh, “Look, I am perfectly happy with the fact that you got a boyfriend now. But Jong In all people, the socialite? I just don’t want you to be hurt; we are just too different from them. Just be strong, stal. The socialite world isn’t as beautiful as you think.”

“I know, Ssul. Thank you.”

“Come on, we have class in less than- oh shoot… NOW!” shrieked Sulli as she checked on her watch.

 

                                                                                                *

 

Both girls, Krystal Jung and Choi Sulli are students of Seoul university; one of the most prestigious university in Korea. It contains of students with many different backgrounds and social classes. Krystal and Sulli belong to the middle class, not poor yet not so rich. Sulli is an orphan at the age of 15, when her parents died from a car crash Krystal’s family take her in. Now that she is 20 years old, Sulli decides to move out and live on her own, not wanting to burden the Jung family any more.

At a glance, Sulli seems to be so innocent, bubbly and sweet yet once you get to know her; she is actually far from it. Sulli is known for her sharp tongue and sarcasm, as many said, so much for a pretty face. While Krystal is mostly known for her ice princess look, but once you get to know her, she is actually very sweet and warm.

 

                                                                                                *

 

Sulli and Krystal managed to get into the class by five minutes late, panting heavily both girls sat on the nearest chair they could find. The class is a little bit boring, and both girls have difficulty concentrating; once the class has end, they sighed in relief and quickly gathered their belongings.

“Soo Jung, hey! Want to have lunch together?”  Asked Jong In, or Kai as he hugged his girlfriend. Kai’s friends, also known as Exo are behind him, giving the girls their widest smile.

“Uhm sure, Sulli do you want to join us?”

“Nah,you guys can go first. I have stuff to do in the library.” Replied Sulli.

Before Krystal could hold Sulli a little bit longer, the taller girl quickly dashes out of the room.

“She doesn’t like us that much, isn’t it?” asked Se Hun, the magnae of the group.

“It is not like that, give her some time. She is not that cold once you get to know her. Let’s go to the canteen.”

“Yah, Park Chan Yeol. Why don’t you go to the library and accompany Sulli?” said Suho as he leads the pack to the canteen.

“Huh? Why me?” Chanyeol replied, he is known as the happy virus of the group, tall and has a voice that doesn’t match his look.

“Because it is an order.” Said Kris, giving the younger one a killer look. If looks could kill, Chanyeol would be dead by now.

 

                                                                                                *

 

Chanyeol quickly left the group and rushed to the libray, he scanned through the room and finally found Sulli. Even though Krystal and Kai are dating, the boys are not in particularly in a good relation with Krystal’s bestfriend, Sulli. For a girl, Sulli seemed very intimidating. She would give the boys her sweetest smile, yet shoots them with her venom words.

“Mind if I join you?” asked Chanyeol, as he took a seat next to Sulli.

“Nope, the library doesn’t belong to me anyway.” Replied Sulli without tearing her attention away from the book she is reading.

Man, she is difficult.”  Chanyeol thought.

“So, who sent you here?” asked Sulli, now looking right into Chanyeol.

“Nobody, I just want to get to know you more.” Replied Chanyeol, he swears Kris is going to get it from him. He’d rather forced to cross dress than asked to accompany Sulli.

“Really? Well, I have a test after this. See you later.” Said Sulli as she took her bag and left Chanyeol dumbfounded.

“What an idiot! People like him really irritate me. “Muttered Sulli, she moved into a quieter place where she could study properly, away from distraction, away from him.

 

                                                                                                *

 

“So how did it go?” asked Suho

“Bad man, Bad. Yah Jung Soo Jung, how can you stand being friends with her Sulli? She is so uptight, cold, and –”

“She is not as bad as you think. Like I said, give her time. Sulli has her own reasons.” Snapped Krystal, obviously feeling annoyed with Chanyeol’s complaints.

“Geez Jung, no harsh feeling.”

“Hyung, just shut up and eat your food. Here we bought your favourite takoyaki.” Said Kai, not wanting to create further tension between the two.

“Takoyaki? Thanks a lot!” thanked Chanyeol as he quickly swallowed his whole takoyaki, forgetting his annoyance to Sulli.

 

                                                                                                *

 

It was Saturday morning, and Chanyeol is having his usually morning routines, jogging. As he jogged, he spotted a familiar figure coming out of the restaurant.

“Hey Ssul!”

Sulli looked at Chanyeol in surprise, what is he doing early in the morning?

“What are you doing here?” asked Chanyeol curious.

“I just finish my shift. And you?” said Sulli as they walked along the aisle.

“You work here? Wow! I’m just having my regular exercise, and coincidentally I met you.” Grinned Chanyeol , he is surely in a very good mood.

“Oh, then I’m going to take my leave.Bye!” replied Sulli shortly.

“Can we talk for a while?”

“No!”

“Why?”

“Because I don’t want to.”

"Hey, I just want to talk! We aren't as bad as you think."

"Oh really? I bet you guys are just like any other playboys out there!"

Frustated by Sulli's action, Chanyeol forcefully grabbed her wrist and dragged her to the nearest cafe. He sighed, why must he be the one sent by his brothers to talk to this troublesome girl. Anyone would eventually be fooled by Sulli's appearance, she looked so innocent, bubbly and sweet; yet once you get to really know her, she is far from those traits. While her best friend, Krystal Jung who seemed as cold as ice on the exterior is actually very warm and friendly.

“YAH! IT HURTS!” screamed Sulli as Chanyeol refused to let her hand go.

“Listen, Choi Sulli. I don’t know why you hate us, but just listen! From now onwards, you’ll have to get used looking at Exo’s faces, especially mine. I want to prove you that we aren’t as bad as you think. Yes, at times we can be such an , fighting here and there but we aren’t that bad.”

“Are you flattering yourself?”

“Gosh woman, can you please just listen?”

"Mark my words, Park Chan Yeol. If Kai or any of your friends dare to hurt or break Krystal's heart, I'll personally deal with each one of you... one by one."

Chanyeol rolled his eyes obviously feeling annoed, it’s useless to talk to someone like Sulli, prove is what she needs, so much for a pretty looking girl.

“Can I go now? I have another job to attend.” Said Sulli as she got up, leaving a few notes of money to pay for the drink that Chanyeol ordered.

“How many jobs do you actually have?”

“A few.”

“How many is a few?”

“Are you always this curious?” chuckled Sulli, amusement is evident in her eye.

“Are you always this secretive?” replied Chanyeol, he is not going to back down, at least before he got his answers.

“Three. Happy now?”

“Three?! For a student, that’s a lot of jobs. Do you need financial help? I can help you if you want to.”

“Look here mister, just because I agree on hanging out in the café with you, it doesn’t mean we instantly become best friends. Now please excuse me, I’m already late.” Replied Sulli, she quickly go outside not realizing that Chanyeol has slipped back her money into the pocket.

“Girls are really hard to understand. Sigh, what are you Choi Sulli?” muttered Chanyeol under his breath; he has never met anyone who is as cold and difficult as Sulli. Outside she seemed so warm and approachable, but once he talked to her, she would treat the Exo in a cold manner- especially Chanyeol.

 

                                                                                                *

 

Sulli realized how happy Krystal is after they got together, it is better if I don’t tell Soo Jung about this. I don’t want to ruin her happiness. And that darn Chanyeol, why do I keep on bumping him? Dad and Mom, how are you guys doing? I miss you all.

Tears flowed down Sulli’s cheek; it is just like any other nights...Lonely nights.

 

                                                                                                *

 

“Anyeong Jin Ri ah, can we sit together?” asked Chanyeol, not waiting for the latter to answer he quickly took a seat next to Sulli.

“Jin Ri? How did you know my name?” asked Sulli, no one knows about her real name, people would usually call her by her nickname.

“Se-c-ret.” Winked Chanyeol, ignoring the scowl of Sulli, he took out his books and start listening to the lecturer.

Sulli could only scoff at Chanyeol and moves her seat far away from him, but even so no matter how many times she moved; Chanyeol would keep on following her wherever she goes. This happened continuously, and even the whole Exo are curious about Chanyeol’s attitude.

“Yeol, what are you doing? Can’t you see that she hates us to the core?” asked Baekhyun, or also known as Chanyeol’s other half.

“I want to be Sulli’s friend of course. Look, she is so damn friendly to the other boys, but why can’t she be the same with us?”

“Are you jealous?”

“W-what? Je-Jealous? You got to be kidding me!”

“Park Chanyeol, just drop the act will you? Do you like Sulli or not?”

“Okay, fine! I just find her interesting, girls usually ship us. But this girl, Choi Sulli, she wouldn’t be with us even for just five minutes!” said Chanyeol, he is mad because he couldn’t understand Sulli, and also mad at himself because his attraction to Sulli has increased day by day. Yet he doesn’t have the courage to tell it to his friends.

“Sulli wasn’t like this before. She is also very busy now, working in three different part time jobs. We didn’t even have time to hang out together anymore.” Sighed Krystal as she sipped her drink.

“What about her parents? Don’t they give her allowance money?” asked Chanyeol curious.

“Her parents are dead,Park Chanyeol. She now lives on her own; I don’t understand why she works in so many places though. It’s not that she doesn’t have enough money.” Muttered Krystal.

“Dead? How?” asked Se Hun who was in his own world, but snapped back after hearing Krystal’s reply.

“They died five years ago in a car crash. There was a street race, and apparently they have this challenge of driving to the opposite direction. The racers thought that it is safe since it is already late at night, well apparently they are wrong. Sulli’s parents’ car happened to pass by, and the car was hit and thus, caused the death of Sulli’s parents.” Explained Krystal, she took a deep breath and gently squeezed Chanyeol’s hand.

“The youngsters who are responsible for her parent’s death are not held in custody, their parents bribed the judge. So since then onwards, Sulli always hate the rich, because it reminded her of the unfair treatment that her and her parents have suffered.”

Chanyeol could not say anything, he is shocked; he regretted on being too harsh to Sulli, not realizing how fragile she can be. He thanked Krystal, and quickly ran to find Sulli. After circling the campus a couple of time,he finally found Sulli sleeping in one of the empty room. Chanyeol’s heart ached seeing Sulli’s condition, she looked so tired with her dark eye bags visible very clearly.

He took a seat next to the sleeping Sulli,

“I’m sorry for being such an . I shouldn’t judge you, now I understand why you hate the rich. I’m sorry for being too ignorant, forcing you to open up to us. But I won’t stop to get close to you, because maybe-maybe I like you. Stupid isn’t it, telling this all to you when you are not even awake.” Sighed Chanyeol.

“So you like me, huh?” asked Sulli, the truth is she has been awake, but decided to pretend to sleep just to see what is Chanyeol up to.

Sulli couldn’t deny her feelings as well, this is the first time a guy has been insisting so much to be her friend. As a matter of fact, she felt flattered and secretly enjoying Chanyeol’s company.

“Yah, Choi Sulli! So you are not asleep? You fooled me!” scolded Chanyeol whose face now is as red as tomato.

“Eugh, you are so not romantic. Is that how you confess to a girl?” teased Sulli,definitely enjoying the fall of Chanyeol’s glory.

“Say one more time, and I’m going to kiss you!”

“Try me.”

Chanyeol then quickly kissed Sulli’s lips, leaving the girl in a shock. His face showed satisfaction, he had warn her yet she wouldn’t listen. Not wasting any minute, Chanyeol quickly ran outside the classroom as he knew if he stayed any longer, he is going to suffer several injuries from the girl.

“Park Chan Yeol, you are so dead!” screamed Sulli, as she chased after Chanyeol.

A new relationship is formed; it still took Sulli a while to open up to other people, but at least she is beginning to; of course with the help of Park Chanyeol.

 

                                                                                                *

 

CHOI JIN RI IS OFFICIALLY MINEEEE! SO GUYS, BACK OFF!”

“PARK CHANYEOL, I NEVER SAID YES! GET BACK HERE!! OH, I FREAKIN HATE YOU!”

“OH, I LOVE YOU TOO!”

“YAHHH!!”