I don't know about you, but I feel so twenty-two!

22 (I feel so twenty-two)

“I don’t think this is a good idea,” Minseok whispered concerned.

“Shut up, you think too much,” Luhan merely responded, eyes fixed on their target of the night.

“Yifan, why the heck are we doing this again?” Minseok asked the most mature looking one of the three of them, hoping to get a decent answer.

“I don’t know,” Yifan confessed honestly.

“Aish, shut up, the both of you,” Luhan said irritated, before his eyes glistered, “Okay, guys, grab your stuff. I count to three, and then we’re going to attack.”

“You’re serious?” Minseok said with wide eyes, “Oh come on, Luhan, we’re going to get into jail for this-”

“One…”

“-and I still have so many things to do in my life-”

“Two…”

“-and damn I hate my life.”

“Three!”

-

Apparently, Luhan thought it was a good idea to roam around the streets and to do ‘something fun’. Of course, since Luhan was Luhan, his definition of fun also had to include scary face masks and toy swords and confetti because confetti makes everything just the slightest bit scarier.

And so that was how Minseok, Yifan and Luhan ended up in some dark alley just outside the university campus.

Minseok was sure Luhan was joking when he said he was going to ‘attack’ (read: jump out of the alleyway with a scary face mask and a pathetic toy sword, with Yifan and him standing behind, Yifan throwing the damn confetti) Sehun – the hot International Business Administration major Luhan was head over heels over. As if scaring the hell out of the poor boy was going to make him score a date with the tall handsome male.

And so he did not even know whether to laugh or cry when Luhan suddenly jumped out of the alley, him and Yifan following reluctantly, and the girl next to Sehun fainted because of them. Sehun, though, looked terribly unaffected by all this, and merely held onto the girl tightly while looking at them with a stoned expression.

“Oh God, is she dead?” Luhan asked while poking the girl’s cheek with his sword.

Minseok just wanted to kill himself at that moment, “Luhan, I don’t you should be doing that to his girlfriend.”

“Girlfriend?!” Luhan exclaimed in surprise.

“I don’t know what the heck is wrong with you all, but I’ve the right to call the police and let you all get arrested for this,” Sehun said sternly, eyes boring holes into Luhan’s poor, childish head.

“Please don’t,” Yifan said, “at least, don’t make me sit in the same car as this crazy bastard.” He said while pointing to Luhan.

“I told you this was a bad idea!” Minseok yelled.

“I…” Sehun sighed frustrated, moving a hand through his hair before picking up his girlfriend bridal style, “I’m going to let this pass, but you better not show your face anymore.”

The trio watched Sehun leave silently, before Luhan broke the silence, as always.

“Hey, it worked.” His eyes beamed as he looked at the other two, “It worked!”

“Oh God, Luhan, what the heck?!” Minseok yelled furiously.

“He talked to me!” Luhan exclaimed happily, the scary face mask together with his happy voice causing Minseok and Yifan to twitch uncomfortably.

“Yes, so?” Yifan said.

“So, let’s continue this!”

“HECK NO!” The both of them yelled furiously.

“Ah, come on, I feel so twenty-two tonight!” Luhan whined, “Come on! You can’t let me do this on my own!”

“We’ve done this already! What the heck do you want to do more?!”

“Well,” Luhan tapped his finger against his chin, “I heard there was going to be a IBA party tonight at the campus. We should totally go!”

“Yeah, because IBA students love Physics nerds with a passion,” Yifan remarked with a why-am-I-friends-with-you glare.

“Come on! We could even get back at Chanyeol for you!” Luhan continued to try, and at the mention of Chanyeol’s name, Yifan’s expression turned into one of interest.

“What did you had in mind?” Yifan asked curiously, and Minseok slapped himself on the face.

“Well, we could pretend to be his friends and ruin his reputation as mister popular? I mean, we’ve got these and I feel so-”

“-so twenty-two,” Yifan finished for him, “yes yes, we know that already.” He thought about it for a while before responding, “Alright, I’m in.”

“Oh Jesus Christ what kind of madness is this?! Yifan, you were supposed to be our rationality!” Minseok cried out.

“You know,” Luhan whispered into Yifan’s ear, but deliberately hard enough for Minseok to hear, “let’s make Minseok kiss Chanyeol in front of everyone.”

Minseok’s eyes widened in horror, shaking his head furiously, “Oh dear God, please no-”

Yifan’s eyes were filled with a dark glint, and Minseok knew his life was over, “French kiss.”

-

They had their masks on, plastic toys in their one hand, and confetti in the other.

“I must have killed an entire country in my past life to deserve this,” Minseok muttered as his hand clenched around the sword nervously.

“Relax, we’re just going to dance like crazy psychos in front of Chanyeol, making sure to moan his name as frequently as possible as we throw ourselves on him, and then you just French kiss him like the maniac you are, and then we’re going to go get some beer to drink.” Luhan said with an angelic smile.

“Why don’t you have any objections to this, Wu Yifan?” Minseok muttered.

“Because it’s fun.”

“Fun?! Then why the heck don’t you go kiss the ing guy-”

“One…”

“-I mean he’s your ing ex-boyfriend, not mine-”

“Two…”

“-and God, if I get killed, I make sure to reserve two places for you two next to me in hell.”

“Three!”

-

IBA students always knew how to spend their money well, but that was because they had the money. So they could afford to buy some decent beverages and decorate the place nicely. Even the DJ was a nice one, instead of some student who just learned how to get a CD out of a CD case without breaking it into half.

Damn, they sure knew how to enjoy their time, Luhan thought as his eyes roamed around, the sea of people jumping up and down to the music. It did not take long before he spotted Chanyeol, their lovely target, and he was excited to see Sehun standing next to the other. However, a frown appeared on Luhan’s face when he saw the girl, presumably Sehun’s girlfriend, clinging onto the boy like a koala.

However, he had no time to get mesmerized by his crush’s beauty, and quickly gestured for Minseok and Yifan to follow him. He made sure to walk like a ninja, and hid behind a wall just a few meters away from Chanyeol. Damn, the boy was tall.

“Alright,” Luhan said, “Yifan, you go first.”

“God, no, you go first,” Yifan yelled back.

“Guys, can we just go back-”

But Minseok never got to finish his sentence, because all of a sudden Luhan thought it was a good idea to push Minseok towards their target. Everything that happened after that was pure chaos. Luhan decided to scare the hell out of the poor girl next to Sehun again, while Yifan took the opportunity to throw himself onto Chanyeol. Luhan joined Yifan moments later, Chanyeol’s name in the most lewd ways possible while scandalizing his body. And of course, Luhan did not forget to throw some confetti over the frightened boy, because that was a must. Minseok approached the boy tentatively, intently cursing his life, before pushing his mask a little up and kiss Chanyeol.

Before the other could even register what the heck was going on, Minseok pushed his tongue into the other, doing whatever he thought was good to do because all he tasted was some cheap red wine and something he could not describe, and this was just so stupid and gross and he was so going to kill Luhan later.

“WHAT THE HECK?!” Chanyeol exclaimed the moment he successfully pushed Minseok away, “WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?! ALL OF YOU?! YIFAN, WHT THE HECK?!”

“How did you know it was me?!” Yifan said surprised.

“Because I’ve heard you moan my name enough times to recognize your voice.”

“Glad to see you too,” Yifan muttered under his breath.

“Why the heck are you here, again?” Sehun asked while wearing a judging expression.

“Yifan missed his ex!” Luhan lied cheerfully.

“Ah, did you, little Yifannie~” Chanyeol wrapped an arm around his shoulder, a teasing smirk on his lips.

“Don’t touch me, dickhead,” Yifan said while pushing the other away.

“Aish, cold as always,” Chanyeol said mock sadly, before looking at Minseok, “And who the heck are you? Why the heck did you kiss me? It was disgusting.”

Disgusting? Disgusting? DISGUSTING? Minseok threw his damn mask off before grabbing hold of Chanyeol’s collar.

“WELL, EXCUSE ME?!”

Luhan’s eyes widened and quickly went to stop Minseok before he could throw a punch at Chanyeol, “Calm down, Minseok! Calm down!”

“The ing bastard! He insulted me!” Minseok yelled furiously, aggressively throwing his limbs all over the place.

And then the security guards came, and the rest was history.

-

“ my life.” Minseok said with a tired sigh as they sat on the ground outside, the surface cold and wet.

“I’d rather him,” Luhan said with a grin, eyes glued to a male passing by, “hey y.”

The tan male stopped walking and threw him a confused look, “This is a university campus, not elementary school, wimp.” He said before leaving.

“Did he just call me wimp?” Luhan exclaimed indignantly, “A wimp?!”

“Seems so,” Yifan said while throwing some grass he had pulled out of the ground.

“ing bastard. Hot guys are always bastards,” Luhan muttered under his breath.

“Come on, let’s go. You said you would treat me on some beer, Luhan.” Minseok said as he stood up.

Luhan shook his head, “No, no, wait.”

“I’m not going to do anything anymore!” Minseok yelled angrily, “Never!”

Luhan ignored Minseok perfectly, turning his gaze to Yifan, ”You had water guns, right?”

“You want to shoot water at them?! How old are you, ten?!”

Luhan grinned darkly, “No, you said you wanted beer.”

-

They could not get inside anymore, but they did not have to either. The door was wide open, and their aim perfect. The only hindrance was the tall, well-build bodyguard with glasses on who looked as if he could bite their head off so easily, but Luhan deliberately ignored him. He had the water gun loaded with beer, and he was ready to attack at any moment.

“Guys, I count to three, and then we rush to the entrance, shoot everything we see, and see how far we can get, okay?”

“We’re going to end in jail,” Minseok groaned.

“One…”

“Luhan, I beg you, we could feel twenty-two too by playing cards-”

“Two…”

“-or maybe going to a club-”

“One!”

“- it.”

-

Beautiful chaos. Beer everywhere. Luhan had hit the security guard right in the face, and it was hilarious when the man’s mouth opened and he shot all the beer in his mouth. After that, he rushed into the club, shot Sehun’s girlfriend soaking wet before grabbing Sehun by the neck and kiss him passionately.

“Hey, y.”

“What. Do. You. Think. You’re. Doing.” Sehun muttered out angrily.

“Kissing you.”
 
“Do I even know you?”

“The name is Luhan, twenty-two, and don’t worry, I’m all yours.”

“I’ve got a girlfriend.”

“And I got some really hot stuff waiting for you,” Luhan bit him harshly in the neck.

“Are you on drugs?” Sehun asked with raised eyebrow.

“No, I’m just twenty-two.”

 



I sincerely apologize if this nonsense scarred you in any way