The Same Moon

The Same Moon

A tall guy with white, long-sleeved shirt and white pants was walking towards the kitchen on his apartment, wanting to make some coffee. It was almost midnight, but he still had to work on his assignment.

He had just done making his coffee when his phone rang. Hurriedly, he walked to his room, looking for his phone.

Smile appeared on his lips when he saw the name who was calling him this late of night.

 

Baekhyun calling…

 

“Hello, Dear?” he answered the phone with his low voice.

“Chanyeol?” Now he could hear the voice he missed the most.

“Yeah, what’s up?”

“You haven’t called me, or even sent text to me today!”

The guy named Chanyeol just laughed at his boyfriend’s protest. “So sorry, Baekhyun, I have to do a lot of assignment today.”

“Ugh, I hate this situation. I hate long distance relationship!” Baekhyun’s voice sounded like he would cry in no time.

How Chanyeol hated hurting his boyfriend like this. “Baekhyun, Dear…” he said, walking towards the window and sat on its edge. “I miss you too,”

“I hope I can go to your place now… I hate the fact that you have to continue your study in a different country with me…”

“Hey, I’ll be home next month, don’t you remember it?”

“How could I forget about it?” Baekhyun sighed heavily, “Next month is still a long time for me. How could I go through the day without you? I feel like dying every day thinking of you…”

“Me too, Dear. I miss you really, really much… be patient, okay? I can’t wait to see your cute face.” A chuckle came through Chanyeol’s lips as he said the words.

“How could you be like that? You act so calm like you can see me every day. Do you really miss me?” Baekhyun said, and Chanyeol was sure that his lovely bacon was pouting right now.

“Silly, of course I miss you! I miss you like hell, you know? I miss every part of you.”

Another sighed was heard from Baekhyun. “You know… I’m really worried about you. I’m afraid we can’t meet anymore. How if bad things happen to you? How if I can’t see you again? I… for God’s sake, I’m so afraid thinking about that…”

“Geez, just if I can kiss your lips just now, Baekhyun!” Chanyeol laughed lightly. “Why do you become so pessimistic like that? I’m fine here, and I feel really great now because I can hear your voice! You don’t have to be worried…”

“It sounds like you never seem to worry about me…”

“I do, but I try not to. It will drive me crazy. God, Baekhyun, missing you every day makes me crazy like hell already.”

Silence came between them for a moment.

“Chanyeol…”

“Yes?”

“Uhh…”

“What’s wrong, Baekhyun?”

“Umm…” Baekhyun sounded hesitate. “No. Forget it.”

“Why? What’s wrong, Dear? If you have something to say, just say it.”

“Mmh…” It seemed Baekhyun needed to think for a moment before continuing his sentence, “You’re not… uhh… cheating on me, are you? There’s nobody in your heart but me, right?”

Chanyeol’s jaw dropped as he heard Baekhyun’s question. Then laugh burst from the tall. “God, Baekhyun, what’s with the question? Man, you’re so funny…” Chanyeol said between his laugh.

Baekhyun, on the other side, felt his face got hotter. “Don’t laugh, you stupid tall man!” he snapped. “Just answer it! And don’t you dare to lie to me!”

“Give me… give me a moment to try to stop laughing, okay? God, that’s why I love you so much, Baekhyun, you’re so funny…”

“CHANYEOOOOL~” Baekhyun whined. “Stop making me embarrassed and answer my stupid question before I die of curiosity!”

“Okay, okay! Don’t die yet, my silly Baekhyun.” Chanyeol said. He tried his best to stop his laugh before answering, “I’m not cheating on you, okay? That will never happen. It’s just you the person I love the most, so you don’t have to worry about it. Don’t ever get depressed because of that, you got it?”

“Are you sure?”

“I really am sure.” Chanyeol smiled. “I love you so much, you know that?”

“Mmm… I love you too, Chanyeol… I really miss you I feel like I’m gonna cry just now.”

And Chanyeol knew Baekhyun was crying already as he could hear a sob from the other side. “Hey, don’t cry…” he said softly.

“I miss you… I miss you so much… I want to meet you right here, right now…”

“I miss you too, my dear Baekhyun…” Chanyeol said, trying to comfort his boyfriend.

“You know, I always miss the moment when we were still in high school, when you still lived on your house next to mine,” Baekhyun said between his sob, “I miss the moment when we spent our time together every day…”

Chanyeol sighed, smiling as he remembered about the past. “I know and I miss those moments too…” he said. He lifted his head, throwing his gaze and soon found the full moon was shining in the sky. “Hey, Baekhyun…”

“Uh?”

“What time is it in your place now?”

“It’s nearly ten o’clock at night. Why?”

“Are you in your room now?”

“You think? It’s late already, I can’t be anywhere but my room.”

Chanyeol smiled. “Good. Now, get to your window.”

“Huh? For what? I kinda lazy to get up from my bed…”

“Just do it, my lazy-head.”

“Uh… wait up…”

It just needed a few second for Chanyeol to wait.

“Okay, I’m on my window. Now, what? You want me to jump from here?”

“Of course not!” Chanyeol chuckled. “Now, look up at the sky, is there a moon?”

“Yup. It’s a full moon.”

“I see the same moon too just now…” Chanyeol said, voice getting softer than before. “Listen to me, Baekhyun… every time you feel you will die missing me, every time you feel far away from me, just remember that you and I are still looking at the same moon…” Chanyeol took a breath before continuing, “… and it means distance means nothing for us, because every time we look at this same moon, we will feel that there’s no distance between us.”

Baekhyun couldn’t say anything hearing at Chanyeol’s words, but somehow, he felt his chest wasn’t as tight as before. It seemed Chanyeol had managed to turn away the heavy thing on his heart.

“Feeling any better now?” Chanyeol asked.

“Yes. So much better now…”

 

***

 

Baekhyun was standing in front of the arrival gate in the airport, waiting for the tall figure he missed all this time.

Where is he…? he thought, looking around the place.

But suddenly, his eyes were covered by something big and warm. It was hands, and Baekhyun was sure who the owner of the hands was. “Don’t try to play with me, Chanyeol!” he said, pulling the hands away.

Behind him, Chanyeol chuckled softly. He hugged his beloved Baekhyun once the shorter boy turned his body. “Miss me?”

Baekhyun placed his arms around Chanyeol’s neck, laughing lightly. “So much.”