Chapter 4 - Memories

All I need is you

 

Yuri got into her car and started the engine, she felt her head go round. It seemed a strange dream now, but it was real, there was enough perfume of Hyoyeon on her skin, she could still feel her lips on hers, every touch, every kiss, every second there was too wonderful to be imagination.

She drove aimlessly while replaying every moment of what had happened in her head, what would have happened if nothing had stopped them? Hyoyeon would have stopped? Probably not. They would have continued until the end. Yuri shook her head hard, keeping her attention on the traffic, now that she knew the feeling to kiss her, it seemed to have instantly become an addiction. She needed her, she needed to kiss her again, but while Hyoyeon thought she just wanted to use her, this would not be possible.

Yuri thought about the possibility, to be without her... No, it was not an option, and that kind of thinking surprised her, there was something wrong. Yuri took a few seconds to notice what was happening to herself and picked up her phone quickly.

"Seohyun?" She talked after a while. "I need to talk to you."

 

The brunette girl leaned her forearm on the bed, partially lifting her head, enough to be able to admire the girl sleeping beside her. She smiled slightly, pleased, seeing that the other began to move handily, turning her face toward her.

"Is it morning?" She asked, her voice hoarse with sleep.

"No. It's still night." Yuri replied, the smile gradually increasing.

The girl brushed her eyes.

"Why are you awake?"

"I'm not sleepy, but don’t bother me, go back to sleep."

She covered herself with the sheet over, ignoring the order of her girlfriend, and leaned her face in her right hand, her elbow resting on the bed.

"Something wrong?"

"No it's okay."

She put her hand on the brunette's face and gave her a quick kiss. Yuri put her hand over hers, sighing.

"I have to tell you something."

"Then tell me."

"I ... I think I'm starting to fall for you, Hyuna."

The girl looked surprised, frozen for a second and then she smiled and kissed her without saying anything.

 

-/-/-/-

 

"Let's live together."

"Yul, it may be too early for that."

"What's the problem? We have been dating for months, we can try." The brunette spoke euphoric.

"Perhaps ... we should wait more."

"Why?"

"I ..." she sighed, watching the pleading look of the younger one. "Ok, let's try." She decided, smiling slightly.

Yuri hugged her.

"I love you."

"I love you too…"

 

-/-/-/-/-

 

"That's enough, Yuri."

"I saw it, Hyuna."

"You are crazy."

"You were staring unabashedly at her, she was almost ogling."

"Stop being dramatic." She said angrily, turning her back and walking away.

"We're not finished." Yuri said angrily.

She turned to the brunette, crossing her arms.

"Then talk."

"It wasn't the first time."

"What?"

"I've noticed, this was not the first time."

"She works at the same place I do, that's all."

"So why did you look at her like that?"

"Damn, I just looked at her the way I look at anyone." She snapped, losing patience.

Yuri put her fingertips on her forehead, sighing wearily.

"I don’t want to fight with you ..." She murmured.

"You started all this because of your childish jealousy."

"It is not childish."

"Ok, I look at another woman besides you, damn me for that." She joked.

"Don't talk like it's that simple, don't talk as if I had no reason." Yuri said  uncomfortably.

" YOU, YURI." She said out loud, in rage.

Yuri looked at her in shock, her eyes starting to get sick, she swallowed.

"You never talked to me like that ..." she murmured, hurt.

"Sorry to disappoint you, I'm not the perfect person you expected." She snapped impatiently "Grow up." She said angrily and turned her back.

Yuri frowned, containing the urge to cry, she grabbed her purse and left the apartment, slamming the door hard to close it.

 

-/-/-/-/

 

"I’m going on a trip."

Hyuna looked up at the brunette who had to sit next to her in the room.

"Work?"

"Yes."

"How long?"

"Three days."

"All right."

Yuri sighed heavily, a saddened expression.

"Hyuna, let's talk better when I get back, okay? Let's get all this fixed." She said, looking at her.

The girl looked away, nodding.

"You'll be fine." Yuri said, touching her face "I love you."

Hyuna just gave her a quick kiss and stood up.

"I have to go to work." She said and walked away.

The brunette closed her eyes, feeling her chest to compress, she did not answer. After a year together, she had never said "I love you" once. Basically, she wanted to believe that Hyuna loved her.

Yuri covered her face with her hands and  for the first time she thanked the opportunity to be able to spend three days away from her.

 

-/-/-/-

 

The trip was shorter than she had imagined, Yuri returned the night of the second day, it would be nice to surprise her, to do something special and try to fix everything, they would be able to overcome those bad times.

She arrived at her apartment, surprised to see the lights on in every room, usually Hyuna would be asleep and the lights would be all off. She shrugged and walked into the room, anxious to see her, she opened the door and approached the bed where she could see Hyuna lying ...

Yuri froze, and then she thought to be having some kind of hallucination, reminding herself that she had not eaten anything that day. She swallowed, the image in front of her getting blurry, it couldn’t be true, there must be an explanation. Maybe ... Yuri closed her eyes tightly.

"Hyuna ..." She murmured with difficulty, closing for the pain that began to consume her.

The girl moved a little in bed, embracing the unknown person by her side, her head resting on her shoulder.

Yuri let anger overwhelm her, she walked to the closet and grabbed a black bag from the overhead compartment, beginning to put her clothes in it and closing doors and drawers with excessive violence.

"Yuri ...?"

"I'm glad you woke up, my love." The brunette snapped, turning to the woman who looked astonished on the bed.

"Wait, let me explain." She said, getting up and dressing quickly.

"Explain what?" She laughed ironically, turning her attention to the things she was throwing inside the suitcase.

"Listen to me, I..."

She walked nervously, Yuri continued to smile, holding the despair that threatened to make her lose control.

"I tried to avoid it, ok?"

"You tried." She even laughed "I must be happy about this? Do you want a special thanks? Hyuna, you tried, I'm proud of you." She chaffed still putting things into the suitcase.

"I don't want to hurt you, Yul."

"Sure, I believe you, Hyuna." She turned to the girl, serious expression, her eyebrows slightly furrowed, while nodding. "That's why you decided to do this when I had little chance to find out, right? I feel ... touched with your feelings for me."

"Stop acting like that."

Yuri noticed a movement behind the older one, she looked away, seeing the woman in her bed standing up confused, covering herself with a sheet.

"So ..." she turned to look at the girl in front of her. "My jealousy was childish, right? There was no reason for me to have a fight with you. Who is she really? Your co-worker?" She joked, indicating the woman in bed.

Hyuna lowered her head, embarrassed, Yuri closed the suitcase, looking at her coldly.

"Later I’ll think of what to do with this apartment, for now, make good use of it. Oh, wait, you already did."

When she tried to pull away, Hyuna took her arm.

"Don't touch me."Yuri said angry, pulling her arm quickly.

"You are responsible for this ..."

Yuri looked at her confused, she let out a quick laugh.

"What did you say?"

"It's your fault."

"My ..." she nodded, getting serious. "You're right. It was me who made you lie with her, I'm a bad influence on you."

"Stop being so ironic."

"Stop making excuses."

"You really want to know? I cheated on you, Yuri." She said impatiently.

"Really? Wow, if you had not confessed... Seriously, I wouldn't have discovered EVER."

"You caused this."

"STOP SAYING THAT." Yuri lost her temper.

"It's the truth."

"What? I didn't love you enough? That's it?"

She stood looking at her in silence.

"Say it. SAY WHAT I DID WRONG." She said out loud, her firm image crumbling gradually.

"You are not for me, Yuri."

"What?"

"I was going to break up..."

Yuri felt she couldn’t stand anymore, she started crying, pain dominating her chest.

"I didn’t want it to be that way. I’d wait for you to come back and then I’d break up."

"THIS IS NOT ENOUGH."

"It is for me."

"You cheated on me in our house, in our bed and your simple excuse to that is 'I was going to break up?'"

"I've had enough of it."

"Of what?"

"OF YOU."

Yuri looked at her in shock, the pain seemed to get worse with each passing second.

"Of me?"

"YOU ARE NOT WOMAN ENOUGH TO ME." She exploded angrily.

Silent tears slid by Yuri's face, as she stood looking at her without moving, the full expression of pain.

"What ... are you saying ...?"

"Grow up, Yuri." Hyuna said serious.

It was like getting punched in the stomach, and by the person who she thought that would be part of her life forever.

Grow up?

"I didn’t want it to end up like that." Hyuna said

Yuri swallowed the tears, wiped her face and held the bag strap, looking serious.

"Grow up, right?" She said, coldly. "Request being serviced."

And she left the room.

 

Yuri sighed as she recalled it, but she was surprised at the end of her memory, it didn’t hurt as much as she expected. Actually ... It didn’t hurt one bit, now she was only feeling uncomfortable, but not hurt.

She arrived minutes later at a restaurant, she looked for a quiet table in the corner and sat there, waiting while drumming her fingers on the table. A few minutes later Seohyun came, looked around until she saw her sister and went to her, sitting in front of her.

"What happened?" The younger one asked.

Yuri put her hands folded on the table, she took a deep breath and kept her eyes on her sister.

"I need you to release me of our promise."

Seo was surprised.

"What? Why do you say that?"

The older one was nervous.

"Yul, tell me what's going on."  She said, holding her hands across the table.

"I ... " she lowered her head, sighing "Seo, I ... I'm sorry..."

Yuri looked at her slightly frowning sister, leaving her with a fearful expression.

"I couldn’t help it, please forgive me..."

"Yul, tell me why all this."

"I love her, Seohyun."

Seo remained motionless, trying to absorb the information.

"You what?"

"Hyoyeon ... I'm in love with Hyoyeon."

 


Hope you liked ^^