Chapter 3 - Feelings

All I need is you

 

 

“So… It was her sister?”

“Yep.”

Sooyoung observed the brunette sigh, she was tired. She sat in front of her and beside Tiffany and Sunny.

“Yul, why won’t you admit what you feel?”

“I don’t know… I don’t know what I feel. When I saw the two together I felt lost, afraid and…”

“Jealous.” Sunny finished for her.

“Maybe.” Yuri mumbled.

“You need to talk to Seohyun.” Fany suggested.

“No. I made a promise and I won’t disappoint her.”

“Yuri, you just need to tell her what you’re feeling and she’ll understand.” Tiffany said. “Seohyun only forced you to make that promise because you could take advantage of her… But that’s not what you want, right?

“No. Never.”

“Then talk to her! I’m sure she’ll forget that promise.”

Yuri looked at her friends, clearly worried.

“You think so?”

“If you really like Hyoyeon, Seohyun won’t be against it.”

“Ok, I… I’ll think about it.”

The other three girls nodded.

“Well, Yul. We’ll need a lawyer for tomorrow.” Tiffany changed the subject putting a file on her table.

“Why? Are you getting divorced already?” She asked playfully to the short couple in front of her.

“Good one!” Sooyoung laughed.

“Very funny.” Sunny mumbled.

“All the details are in this file, have a look.”

“Right, I know a good lawyer.”

Sooyoung raised an eyebrow. “Are you talking about…”

“Hyoyeon.” Yuri finished for her and looked at Tiffany. “I’m going to give you her phone number so you can call her and make an appointment, right?”

“O-ok.”

“What’s wrong?” Yuri asked, confused.

“It’s just that… We thought you wanted to keep distance.” Sooyoung murmured.

“If I do, then how am I going to figure out what’s happening to me?”

“I never thought that one day you’d say something that makes sense.” Sunny smirked.

“Go back to work.” Yuri retorted.

“When are we going to meet her?” Sooyoung asked.

“Who?”

“Hyoyeon.”

Yuri burst in laughter. “Never.”

“Why?” Tiffany asked, clearly shocked.

“Because I still want her to like me at least a little bit.”

“And?”

“And you’ll tell her too many shameful things about me if you meet her.”

“Things like you walking through the corridors sighing and whispering ‘Hyoyeon, why are you so beautiful?’” Sooyoung mocked.

“See? That’s why I don’t want you to meet her.”

“It doesn’t matter. She lives with Seohyun so it’s just a matter of time until we meet her…”

“She’ll move out in a week.” Yuri cut her.

“She’s Seohyun’s friend.” Sunny continued.

“But once in her new house it’ll be difficult for you to find her.”

“We can find out where she works.” Sunny insisted.

“Oh, and are you going there to talk about me when she’s there to work?”

“You’ll soon realize that you love each other. You’ll start dating and she’ll want to know where you work and who your friends are. You’ll be forced to present her to us and then every effort you’re making right now to prevent us to meet her will be rendered… useless.” Sunny smiled.

Yuri stared at her in silence.

“That’s the only way you’re going to meet her.” She said, pretending to analyze the file in her hands.

Her friends laughed before saying goodbye and leaving the room.

 

[…]

 

Taeyeon finished unpacking her luggage in Jessica's room. It still felt weird to be there; the house where a couple of years ago she was rejected by the Jung family, which made her almost give up on her girlfriend. She was always grateful for not being weak and having persisted.

“Tae?”

The girl awoke from her reverie when she felt two arms wrapping her from behind.

“Sorry, I was distracted.” She said, turning to face the tallest girl, smiling.

“Is everything all right?”

“Yes.”

Jessica kept looking at her, unconvinced.

“If you’re not comfortable here we can always move to a hotel...”

“No. We can’t run away whenever something is unpleasant, can we?”

“But...”

“They’re your parents, Sica. They’re your family. I want to be part of it. I love you and I want to stay by your side forever.”

Jessica smiled at the shortest girl’s confident look. She held her by the waist and kissed her, breaking the kiss and smiling after a while.

“I accepted their apologies.” Taeyeon said. “Now we have to forget what happened, it's over.”

“I love you.” The tallest one murmured, kissing her again.

A light knock on the door interrupted them. Mrs. Jung was standing by it looking at them with trepidation and bewilderment. They didn’t listen to the door opening.

The two parted slightly. It was still weird for them to show affection in front of the youngest one’s parents.

“Hi mom.” Sica said, her face red.

“Lunch is ready, let’s eat.” She smiled awkwardly, trying to be understanding, and left.

They smiled, relieved.

“She will get used to it.” Jessica said, pulling the older one to another hug.

“You know what came to my mind now?” Tae said thoughtfully, circling her girlfriend’s shoulders with her arms.

“What?” She murmured, giving her a quick kiss.

“Yuri”

Jessica raised an eyebrow, taking a defensive position automatically.

“Yuri…” She repeated, smiling coldly.

“Yes, Yuri...” The short one said absently.

Sica gave her an icy stare.

“Geez, is it me or this place got cold all of a sudden?”  Tae laughed worriedly.

“Are you interested?”

“What? No. Of course not. That’s not what I’m saying.”

“Then what is it?”

“Did you notice how she looked at Hyoyeon?”

“Yeah… She stared at her a lot, but what you’re trying to say?”

“You just had to see the way she looked at me when I was sitting on the couch with Hyo before you arrive.”

“How?”

“I can’t explain. Well, it was like... As if she wanted to take me away from Hyo, you know?” She laughed at her own words. “It's weird, but that's what it looked like. She probably thought we were a couple.”

“You’re probably just imagining things, Tae.”

“Seriously, she just smiled sincerely at me after you arrived. When you said that Hyo is my sister.”

“Are you saying that Yuri may be interested in Hyoyeon?”

“Yes, and that’s not very good.”

“Oh, please. Don’t start with your protective older sister mode again.”

“That’s Yuri! Despite being Seohyun’s sister her reputation isn’t good.”

“No, Tae. You won’t interfere!”

“But…”

“You know how old Hyoyeon is?”

“I know…”

“Do you know how old you are?”

“I know…”

“So we must agree that Hyoyeon is old enough to choose who to be with, and you’re old enough to not go threatening people who come close to her promising them slow and painful deaths.”

Taeyeon pouted, breaking the hug and walking away with her arms crossed.

“I wasn’t going to threaten her…”

“I believe you.” Jessica said sarcastically.

“I can’t even talk to her for five minutes?”

“No.”

“Have a phone call?”

“No.”

“Send a message on Facebook?”

Jessica laughed.

“Tae, let Hyoyeon solve this alone, ok? Just for once, do not interfere.”

Tae exhaled in frustration.

“Okay.” She reluctantly agreed. “Hyo can get along without me.”

“She can.”

“But if Yuri hurts her…”

“Then we can make a deal.”

Tae smiled cheerfully.

[…]

Tiffany called Yuri and told her the appointment would be at 4:30pm. Twenty minutes before, Yuri left her Company and drove to the advocacy building where Hyoyeon worked. After talking to the receptionist she was pointed to a small corridor, the second door to the right was Hyoyeon’s.

Yuri knocked slightly twice, feeling a complete idiot for not knowing what to do. She breathed deeply and waited. Moments after, the door opened and Yuri thought Hyoyeon couldn’t be any prettier than that. There she was, throwing all down the river: her preparation to be there, her self-control and her breathing.

Hyoyeon wore black pants, a white shirt and a black blazer. Her hair was loose and it fell over her shoulders.

“Good afternoon, Yuri.”

The brunette shook her head so she could come back to her senses.

“Good afternoon, Hyoyeon.”

“Come in.” She said, giving way for the brunette.

Yuri nodded and passed by her. Hyo looked at her, stopping her breathing when she passed. Yuri wore dark jeans, a black shirt, her sleeves rolled up to her elbows. Hyoyeon looked away before blushing, she closed the door and walked to her chair, pointing to the chair where Yuri should sit.

“So, this is your office.” Yuri said, trying to relax. “It’s very pretty.”

“Thank you.” Hyoyeon couldn’t hold a smile.

Yuri stared at her in silence for a moment.

“So…”

“Oh, of course.” The brunette woke up from her daydream. “I need your services.”

“What’s the reason?”

“It’s a recent case in the company I work. We want to process a vendor who refuses to cover damage caused by equipment sold by him.”

“No warranty?”

“Yes, but he insists the warranty doesn’t cover the damage.”

Hyoyeon typed all the details in her computer while Yuri continued to give her details about the incident. After many other questions, Hyoyeon finished.

“When can I get access to the products?”

“Tomorrow, I’ll give them to you by 3pm.”

“Ok. As soon as I have everything in my hands I’ll begin to work.”

“Great.”

Yuri stood, followed by Hyoyeon, they shook their hands and walked to the door.

“Yuri…”

The brunette turned, stopping before she could reach the door. Hyoyeon was in the middle of the room, her arms crossed over her chest. The brunette walked to her, stopping in front of her.

“What?”

“Would I someday be able to listen to your story… in your own words?”

Yuri looked at her surprised.

“What?”

“Seo told me… She told me that something happened for you to become who you are today, but she didn’t want to tell me in any way. What about you? Can you tell me?”

Yuri suppressed a bitter smile.

“What does it matter? It wouldn’t make my behavior more noble, I’ve resigned and I don’t care anymore.”

“So, what I think about you is right?”

“What do you think about me?”

“Your character… It’s doubtful, I probably couldn’t trust it.”

Yuri smiled weakly.

“I wish I could have known you before all this.” She mumbled.

“Before what?” The blonde asked, curious.

The brunette looked at her.

“Before I met her.”

Hyoyeon uncrossed her arms, coming closer.

“Who is she?”

“I can’t really blame her, but I can’t deny she helped me to become who I am today.”

“Why?”

“Because I trusted her, and I thought she felt the same about me. I found out the worst way possible that she didn’t.”

Yuri sighed, keeping her eyes on the woman in front of her.

Hyoyeon got closer, listening carefully to her every word. It seemed to be true, she’d notice if she were lying, wouldn’t she?

“I have nothing against you, Yuri, I sincerely hope you to be happy and that you’re able to overcome whatever happened to you.”

The brunette smiled.

“Thank you.”

Hyoyeon gave a step forward and hugged her, punching herself mentally afterwards. What was she doing?

Yuri was surprised, and cautiously hugged her back. After a short moment they broke apart, looking at each other firmly in the deafening silence. Yuri looked at every line in Hyoyeon’s face, her firm eyes, her blushed skin, her slightly up eyebrows and her slightly open lips, probably ready to say something, to apologize maybe. But Yuri didn’t want to hear anything, she didn’t want to go away from her, to leave that room empty handed.

The brunette walked to her, surprising Hyoyeon but she didn’t retreat.

Yuri tilted her head and before any of them had the time to regret, she kissed her softly. Yuri was surprised, it was a wonderful feeling, almost surreal. It was unusual for her to feel that way with a simple kiss, actually, it was the first time. Her initial intent was to break away soon after, but her mind went blank. Her arms wrapped Hyoyeon’s waist before she could avoid it and pulled her closer feeling Hyoyeon’s hands around her neck. That was a good sign, she wasn’t rejecting her, on the contrary.

They stopped kissing for a moment, the distance between their faces was so small that their lips were almost touching and they looked for air while staring at each other intensely.

They kissed again, now in a much more urgent way. Yuri pushed her carefully back, until she hit the table. Her hands caressed Hyoyeon’s back and took off her blazer.

Hyoyeon tried to come back to reason, she needed to stop her and herself, but before she could even try she felt Yuri’s lips on her neck, making her lose whatever reason she had left. Hyoyeon pulled her closer so their bodies would have more contact. There was no way back.

Yuri pushed a few objects on the table away and made Hyoyeon sit on it, her trembling hands quickly resumed to Hyoyeon’s shirt buttons, ing them impatiently. When she finally finished them, she kissed her again, her hands sneaking inside her open shirt and caressing her skin. Hyoyeon began to Yuri’s shirt and she was close to finish when the phone rang, strident, on the table.

They both startled, breaking away quite fast, coming back to reality. They were both breathing hard, their bodies hot and sweaty. Hyoyeon covered her face with her hand, trying to control her breathing, she stood and picked up the phone without looking the brunette in front of her.

“Yes…” She answered, trying to calm down. “I see. Just give me five minutes and I’ll see him.” She finished, hanging up the phone.

Silence took over the place, none of them had the courage to look up. Hyoyeon passed her hands through her hair in an attempt to at least fix part of it and turned to button up her crumpled shirt. Yuri did the same.

“I… I’m sorry…” Yuri mumbled, having finished to put back her shirt. “I lost control, I’m sorry.” She said, her head low.

Hyoyeon kept in silence, picking up her blazer and wearing it again and then covered her face with her hand until a thought came to her, it would be really cruel if it was true, she laughed unwillingly.

“So that was it?” She asked.

Yuri looked at her and noticed an incredulous look.

“What?”

“All that talking about how a girl hurt you before… It was so we could come to this?”

“What?” Yuri was surprised. “Are you insinuating that I…”

“Yes.” She said harshly. “So you wished you have met me before…” She laughed bitterly. “How could I believe it so easily?” She hit her own head. “A lawyer being caught by a lie.”

“It’s not a lie, Hyoyeon.” Yuri said quickly.

“You really got this far to try to seduce me… I must tell you you’re good, Yuri.”

Yuri kept stunned, it was so unexpected that she couldn’t even defend herself.

“You’re wrong… None of this was planned, I swear, believe me.”

Hyoyeon just stared at her.

“Do you remember when I said I couldn’t trust your character?” She said coldly.

“Hyo…”

Hyoyeon passed by her and reached the door, opening it.

“I don’t want you to come near me again.”

“Hyoyeon, could you just listen?”

“I love your sister, Yuri, and she’ll be the only link to still connect us. Pushing that aside, I don’t want any kind of relationship with you.”

Yuri sighed, defeated, she couldn’t convince her of anything right now, she couldn’t argue.

“Don’t worry. This won’t affect our professional relationship.” The blonde added.

Yuri walked and stopped in front of her.

“I’m going to prove you wrong, Hyoyeon.”

And with that she walked away.

Hyoyeon closed the door and leaned on her table, breathing again. Her heart was beating fast, all her body still hot as if it was in flames.

“What was all of that?” She mumbled, still smelling the perfume the brunette left behind in all of her office. 


A/N So yeah... After 2 years and 4 months I'm back >.< I hope I can finish this one now and I hope I still have patient readers who waited this long lol. Sorry guys >.< I hope you liked this chapter. I'm already working on the next one ^^ XOXO