Oppa

BABY DON'T CRY

 

 

It wasn't official until Tuesday morning. I pulled up a fan site and I could feel the rage coming from Daesung fans.

 

Who could they do this to oppa? Did they have this planned?

 

What is BIGBANG without Dae's powerful vocals???

 

Everyone was raging with their comments. It's true. He really was the thread that held everything together. And now that the thread is missing, the ends are loosing, slowly but gradually unraveling itself. This is going t be a messy situation.

 

But I closed my laptop and headed for work. I had to go to work, even though I haven't been feeling so well. To make things worse, I have been trying to figure out why I haven't been crying my yes out. My boyfriend died two days ago but I have been just feeling numb ever since. I guess I'm just too overwhelmed about it all that I don't know how to react.

 

I walked to work, as usual. It was still sort of dark outside but I still strolled down the street casually. I decided to take a shortcut. That was when I saw the same place where I drank with Daesung. I peered in the tent and I saw a man patting Daesung's shoulder. I couldn't believe my eyes.

 

Naturally, I walked over. "What the hell. Was he here all night, sir?" I asked that man.

 

"Yes, do you know him?"

 

At that moment, I knew that this will be counted as my second encounter with this guy. Sure, it's exciting but I haven't been in the mood to have any real emotion. "Yes. I know him. Don't worry, I've got it from here."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I watched him as he slept lazily on my couch. When he wakes up, I'm going to set s few things straight.

 

"Yah, Daesung-ah. Go back to YG and get your job back. Your career was too great for such an obstacle like this to stop you from living your life."

 

Yeah, right. There was no way I was going to speak to him like that. So, I called in sick for work today. Only because it's only once in a lifetime you have a celeb sleeping in your place. Drunk and out of his mind, as a matter of fact. I watched him as he began drooling on my sofa pillow. Was it odd for me to think it was cute?

 

But still. He had to get up. "Yah. Wake up, oppa."

 

I tapped his arm, then shook him. After a few hard shakes, he looks up at me with groggy eyes and the awful smell of a drunk. "You?"

 

"Yes. Me." I said, standing over him. "I'm going to be honest with you, oppa. You're pretty hard to deal with."

 

Daesung looks at me confused. He was even more confused when he found himself, on my couch. "Where am I?"

 

"My place. Don't worry. No one saw me bring you in. You're safe." I grabbed a chair from my dining room and sat by him.

 

He finally sits him, rubbing his small eyes. I smiled slightly, remembering how cute this guy was. Normally, I would call him hot. But sine last night, he only seemed just cute in my eyes. Maybe because he lost his iness along with his job. The once overdone sprit that Daesung had is not here.

 

He yawns before looking at me again. "I'm sorry…. About your boyfriend. I know he must have meant a lot to you."

 

Well… I wasn't expecting that. "You remember that?"

 

"It was only last night. Besides… You're a fan of mines. Even when I'm……. Aishh, I'm such a failure. I'm so embarrassed."

 

"Woah, there. Relax. Here. You can get yourself cleaned up and then you have to go back and beg for your job or something. Things aren't going to be better if you don't get into BIGBANG again."

 

He shakes his head, lazily standing to his feet. "It's not going to work. And also… It is nice to finally wake up and not worry about anything. I can just…. Relax." Turns his eyes to me, brushing his hair from his face. "Right? Laila."

 

At that right moment, it felt like I was younger. I instantly felt my face turn hot. My palms grew sweaty and my strength to give him eye contact was completely gone. It had turned back into the total fangirl I once knew. And even thought I felt like this all of a sudden, the death of my boyfriend was only a scrape of memory planted in the back of my head. "H-How do you remember my name?"

 

He walks over to me and leans close to my face. He smelled like soju but I didn't care. If I didn't know any better, he was close enough to my face. But instead he smiles and says, "Didn't I tell you that wasn't going to forget your name?"

 

"But…."

 

Daesung flashes one more smile. "Just call me oppa from now on."

 

 

And he heads off to my bathroom….