Yes

One Last Night

 

Leaves blew across the night sky, past the fountain with the dancing lights, and blew past Lee Joon and I. I was crying with my heart filled with so much hurt and pain. With my hand in his I was trying to grasp hold of what he had just told me.
~Chamkaman. So...you were an assassin? An assassin that was going to kill me?~
Lee Joon avoided looking at me and turned his head away. But I could still see the tears that were falling from his eyes. I closed my eyes and gently placed my head on his shoulder with so many thoughts and questions going through my head.
So was everything a lie? Everything that we went through, was all that fake? So, he just got close to me, close enough so that he could get rid of me? But why? Why would you have such a hard and awful life? I just wanted to understand why. I wasn't mad at him, I could never be. Even if he needed to kill me, I wouldn't be mad. I would just be hurt. Like I was now. I wanted to ask him all these questions and get all these questions. But knowing Lee Joon, I knew I was never going to get them answered. But that still didn't stop the questions that were tapping into my mind. How did Lee Joon end up having this kind of life? Why was he doing these things and why did he need to kill me? If he needed to kill me why didn't he do it earlier? Why had he gotten close to me, and why had he hugged and kissed me? Why was he here now? Is it because he wanted to explain all of this to me? But why couldn't he just tell me earlier? Why go through all of this and just end up getting hurt? My head and heart hurt from all the agony that was happening.
~Oppa...~ I murmered to him.
Lee Joon looked back at me and said, ~I told them I wouldn't do it. That I couldn't do it.~ 
~What?~ I brought my head up and looked at Lee Joon who was looking back at me with tears in his eyes. ~I told them I couldn't kill you, that I couldn't hurt you.~
I looked at Lee Joon in disbelief. ~But-but...I thought...that...~ I couldn't even find the words to even ask why.
~How could I? I couldn't hurt you...I admit , I did just get close to you just so I could finish my work. But then...things happened between us. I had these feelings...these feelings for you. You made me feel wanted, made me feel loved. I never had those feelings before in my life. Being with you...I finally realized that I...that I loved you...how could I hurt you then? How could I hurt the woman I loved?~ 
I didn't know what to say. I didn't know how I should feel. Should I feel relieved? Confused? It was all too much for me. I wanted to ask what had happened but I was too scared. I was too scared of the truth.
Lee Joon squeezed my hand again, reassuring me. And then slowly, I found my way to ask him. ~So...what happened?~ 
~Time was running out. I kept stalling for time, trying to figure out a way to get out of it without hurting you. But it was impossible.~ Lee Joon removed the flap of his jacket off his wound. ~While I was trying to compromise with them, they ended up attacking me. I barely managed to get out. But when I did, I had gotten shot.~ 
I covered his wound again and wiped the tears away from my eyes. I looked at Lee Joon and brushed the hair away from his eyes with my hand. His beautiful face that was sadly scratched and bruised up. 
Lee Joon took my hand and placed it on my lap. ~Biane for not telling you earlier. I was scared that something would happen to you.~ 
I smiled at him and said, ~I'm not mad. I understand why. I just wish we could have met under different circumstances~
~But it wouldn't have been that exciting as it is now, would it?~ Lee Joon said with a little humor in his voice.
I laughed at his words. ~You always just seem to make things better even when they look pretty bad eh?~
Lee Joon smirked at me and said, ~That's what I do.~ He my face which made my cheeks feel hot again. Suddenly, I remebered his wound again. We had been sitting for so long, it might be too late to get it treated. I pushed the thought away and was about to ask Lee Joon that we should leave, when he suddenly brought out a small, black box.
~I wanted to ask you something.~ He said with a smile.
~What is it?~ 
He opened it and inside of it I could see a ring. A small, beautiful diamond ring, my eyes widened opon seeing it. ~O...Oppa...~ I stuttered and then I couldn't find anymore words again.
Lee Joon smiled and took the ring out of the box. ~I know the we're in situation right now. But I had to ask you...if we couldn't be together in this life. Could we be together in the next?~
I was speechless and didn't know how to reply.
~Min Ah...~ Lee Joon placed his hand on my face and smiled. 
~You smile at everything.~, I said to him.
Lee Joon chuckled and said, ~I smile because of you.~
I smiled back at him and leaned in to kiss him on his lips. He kissed me back, a warm, sweet kiss that felt so tenderly; his lips were rough and yet so smooth. 
~Min Ah.~ He whispered to me between his kisses. 
~Yes?~ I whispered to him back. 
~Will you marry me?~ 
I looked at Lee Joon's eyes and then looked down at the ring in his hand. I smiled and nodded my head. ~Yes, I will.~
Lee Joon smiled again and put the ring on my finger. It glinted under the lamp post as I was looking at it. It was so beautiful, just like Lee Joon. He rested his head on my shoulder and I rested my head on his. I looked at the fountain with the dancing lights and thought what it would have been like if we had met differently. Lee Joon was right, it would not have been that exciting.
~Oppa...saranghae...I'm thankful that I met you.~
No reply came from him. 
~Oppa?~ I turned to see him and he suddenly fell across my lap. ~Oppa!!~ I pushed Lee Joon up, holding him up in my arms so I could see him, but his eyes were closed. ~Oppa! Oppa!! Wake up! Oppa! Please!! Wake up!!~ I shook him trying to get him to open his eyes but they remained shut. ~Oppa please wake up!!~ I placed my hands on the sides of his head. The tears streamed back down my eyes again and splashed on Lee Joon. ~Oppa. Please Oppa, please don't leave me. Don't leave me right now. You can't go just yet.~ I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him closer to me. ~Oppa please. Please open your eyes. Don't leave me, please don't leave me.~ I hoped that he would suddenly wake up with a smile on his face saying it was all a joke, that he was just pretending. But he didn't wake up. I continued to cry out holding him tight and bugging for him to come back. ~Oppa. Please Oppa. Please. You can't leave me just yet. We still have so much together. Please Oppa. Please~ I rocked back and forth still holding him tightly. He was really gone and he wasn't coming back. I closed my eyes and cried out with all the strength that I had left...